Latu Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
A squad needs to have 30 players in it.

So any minimum wage earner who leaves will be replaced by a minimum wage earner.

So by opening up a space in the squad I guess you can argue them leaving opens up cap space to sign another minimum wage earner.

But in real terms them moving on does nothing to alleviate any cap pressure.

To your analogy you arent deducting 1 from 1.....you are just going out and finding a different 1
Exactly & it was but one of many points I covered in that post but it was the one biff tried to start an argument over.

1 (Johns) -1 (Johns) = none.

No, I am not being deliberately annoying or slow to understand. I was merely pointing out your error is all. The fact that you are holding up a fallacious mathematical error as the foundation of your position suggests you might be wanting an argument. Let me present it to you another way.

Presently we have,

Woods (zero cost) + Johns (minimum contract) = 1 minimum contract

When both players depart we need to replace them with two players,

Player one (minimum contract) + player two (minimum contract) = 2 minimum contracts.

If Woods or Cooper were on a larger contract then you would have made a valid point regarding freeing up some salary cap space. I was just trying to explain it to you rationally. I never called you names or used abusive language.
Yeah but why did we get woods and Johns in the first place ? ….. because they were cheap!

Exactly & it was but one of many points I covered in that post but it was the one biff tried to start an argument over.

1 (Johns) -1 (Johns) = none.
You are getting warmer. But your equation still doesn't make sense.

1 (Johns) - 1 (Johns) = The club recruiting 1 (Johns) replacement.

I didn't try and start an argument. Rather, I merely pointed out the fact that Woods and Johns leaving at the end of the year wouldn't free up any salary cap, which you stated in your post.

Nothing more, nothing less.

I remember seeing Mario Tartak post on his IG 1m over 4 years when Latu signed that deal ,ergo its 250k PA
Never heard of tartak until I saw his little promotional video using Manase Fainu, charged with stabbing, to show what a great supportive manager he was. I try to avoid jumping to conclusions but on that occasion I jumped to the conclusion he, Tartak, is lacking ethics (aka a scumbag). He'll probably go far in the world of business.

You are getting warmer. But your equation still doesn't make sense.

1 (Johns) - 1 (Johns) = The club recruiting 1 (Johns) replacement.

I didn't try and start an argument. Rather, I merely pointed out the fact that Woods and Johns leaving at the end of the year wouldn't free up any salary cap, which you stated in your post.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Don't bother mate. You tried. He'll keep insulting you, then move to passive aggressive emojis. Then if you ever disagree with him he'll ignore you (after a bit more abuse and recruiting some mates), but not before openly stating it for everyone.

Don't bother mate. You tried. He'll keep insulting you, then move to passive aggressive emojis. Then if you ever disagree with him he'll ignore you (after a bit more abuse and recruiting some mates), but not before openly stating it for everyone.
Yeah mate, you pretty much summed up my experience with him and his two cronies since my very first post.

Yeah mate, you pretty much summed up my experience with him and his two cronies since my very first post.
Just pay them no mind mate. They take pleasure in putting others down, then cry foul if you give as much as received. They have a little posse, and think if they hammer you enough you'll give up (and go bananas if you don't).

Keep posting, sharing your insights and opinions. Most posters will give you the respect you deserve. 47 and his crew get personal, but that's more about them, than you.

Is this still happening or was it a red herring and the real story was the brooks deal ?

Maybe we are keeping Latu Fainu and telling him he will partner brooks in two years when Dce retires instead of Schuster.
My guess is all will be revealed in the next day or two....

Is this still happening or was it a red herring and the real story was the brooks deal ?

Maybe we are keeping Latu Fainu and telling him he will partner brooks in two years when Dce retires instead of Schuster.
Reported today from Hooper that Latu was at Tigers headquarters today, the swap deal with Talu coming to wear the manly jumper is done.

There is also a rumour going around from SEN radio that perham may come to us this year. I'd assume using our compo money. Wouldn't be too bad if we were using the money to sign him for thus year and next. As I couldn't imagine him having 350k left in his salary for the year. Could be a smart move if we get him practically for free as a backup next year also

As talented as the kid is, I don't see this as a huge loss tbh. How many 18 yr old halves can run an NRL team to glory? Literally never happens. We would need to wait 5-10 years. Between DCE, Brooks, Schuster, Arthur etc we are better stocked for success in the near future. And let's face it, immediate success is critical for all involved to get the ball rolling again.

Does Schu play 12 like in 2021? Does Brooks play 9? I am of the understanding that Schu is going nowhere. Also, is GCKT our long term solution at 9? And Humphreys?

There is quite obviously a massive change in strategic direction, and whilst we don't have the answers, my curiosity has been aroused - we sure as sh*t needed a shake up, particularly re our current team culture.

The big loss however will definitely be Samuela. Already making an impact with the big boys, and considering our only other edge weapon is the mercurial Ola'akautu, we really should be keeping Samuela.

Big wraps on a kid who has never played first grade or done much for Blacktown.

Plenty of kids with good potential playing under 16s Haven't made it at NRL level.

Will be interesting to see how he goes at the tigers running last.
Especially halves... think junior superstars like Brett Firman, Aaron Groom, Josh Drinkwater, Drew Hutchison, Arana Taumata, Jai Field, Lachlan Lam and silvertail's messiah Tom Wright

Especially halves... think junior superstars like Brett Firman, Aaron Groom, Josh Drinkwater, Drew Hutchison, Arana Taumata, Jai Field, Lachlan Lam and silvertail's messiah Tom Wright
Aaron Groom had the BIGGEST wraps. In a team with others like Addison Demetriou. More players I pinned wrong haha. I thought these kids were going to be superstars.

Another family Manly has paid a motza too and got nothing back in return.
No loyalty and have provided nothing .
Good riddance ,have a crap career elsewhere.
Break a leg.

Does Brooks play 9? I am of the understanding that Schu is going nowhere. Also, is GCKT our long term solution at 9? And Humphreys?
Personally, I can’t see either party agreeing to the current terms with the intention of Brooks playing 9.

The club have invested for four years and spent millions. Would they do that on a hunch that a 10 year career halfback is a sure thing to transition to 9? I doubt it.

Then there is the player himself. He’s got the opportunity to look around for a 7 gig or stay at his current club as a half, instead he risks throwing the remaining years of his already maligned career down the toilet, attempting to transition into the most physically demanding position on the field?

Then you’ve got Seibold’s comments that I infer as we’ve offered Josh a deal but I doubt he is gonna want to take it.

All signs point to Brooks in the halves.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10