Latu Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

tookey

First Grader
Cooper Johns and Jake Arthur have shown nothing in their first grade performances this year

Surely Latu Fainu could not be any worse and probably a lot better as half when DCE is on SOO duty?

Johns and Arthur will be the halves partners, after DCE retires / Shu leaves lol

Awkward Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Schu has said multiple times even on camera that he is close to the Fultons but he is staying at manly for as long as they want to keep him.

Latu Fainu could go though.

I predict when his contract runs out, the Tigers will make a big play for him and Shue.
Johns and Arthur will be the halves partners, after DCE retires / Shu leaves lol
Lmao no.

Schuster will stay and Latu isn't ready rn, what he just turned 18? They're not throwing him in a struggling team. They're both two entirerly different propositions as far as their development and progression go at the momemnt.

Arthur and Johns were always signed as and accordingly since used as depth. Furthermore it appears Arthur was brought in to replace Johns due to the Immortals nephew being a turnstyle, but this is just my hypotehsis. It's probably a bit harsh so no direct offense intended cause I like him, he just ain't that big and doesn't have the technique to accomodate that deficiency it seems.

I predict when his contract runs out, the Tigers will make a big play for him and Shue.
Shoes been here from age 14, he's now our 5/8 and has built up
lethal combo with Turbo. Latu's already on big money for a 18yr old, and with his brother Samuela now breaking through playing 1st's, I doubt he'll be going anywhere.

Fox Sports article about Fainu

Speaking of best games, teen playmaker Latu Fainu had a career-defining game in Blacktown’s 46-10 win over the Eels. The 18-year-old made his NSW Cup debut in Round 8 and has taken a little bit of time to settle into the game but on the weekend his true potential was on show. Fainu scored a try, set up another, got three linebreaks, five tackle busts and 131 running metres. He also made 10 tackles with zero misses — his first game with no misses.

Sounds promising!

Fox Sports article about Fainu

Speaking of best games, teen playmaker Latu Fainu had a career-defining game in Blacktown’s 46-10 win over the Eels. The 18-year-old made his NSW Cup debut in Round 8 and has taken a little bit of time to settle into the game but on the weekend his true potential was on show. Fainu scored a try, set up another, got three linebreaks, five tackle busts and 131 running metres. He also made 10 tackles with zero misses — his first game with no misses.

Sounds promising!

He is the future on Manly. If we let him go that will be the all time worst decision the club has ever made. He is something special

Given the contract we gave him (the length and the value) you would hope that Fainu would recognise that we see him as our future

Very good forward planning in some regards here.... we might end up with a nice DCE baton change in future

Shoes been here from age 14, he's now our 5/8 and has built up
lethal combo with Turbo. Latu's already on big money for a 18yr old, and with his brother Samuela now breaking through playing 1st's, I doubt he'll be going anywhere.
While we haven't recruited well externally, Manly haven't had many leave that they really wanted to keep for years now.

Those guys will all stay.

Given the contract we gave him (the length and the value) you would hope that Fainu would recognise that we see him as our future

Very good forward planning in some regards here.... we might end up with a nice DCE baton change in future
The problem is that there are only two halves positions. DCE has extended until the end of 2025, while Schuster is contracted until the end of 2024.

If Latu (signed until end of 2025 I believe) is already starting to make a case for first grade selection, then 3 is not going to go into 2.

If his performances warrant better opportunities, then I don't think we'll keep him here by just offering the #14 jersey and asking him to wait until 2026.

The problem is that there are only two halves positions. DCE has extended until the end of 2025, while Schuster is contracted until the end of 2024.

If Latu (signed until end of 2025 I believe) is already starting to make a case for first grade selection, then 3 is not going to go into 2.

If his performances warrant better opportunities, then I don't think we'll keep him here by just offering the #14 jersey and asking him to wait until 2026.
Move DCE to 9 or Schuster to 13

Fair assessment.

But all of that suggests everyone remains un-injured, and in form..... And as we know - only DCE has the track record which suggests that will be the case.

If I recall correctly, DCE was already in his 20's when he nailed a half spot with us..... prior to that we had Orford, Monahan & Lyon holding down the roles in front of him..... and things changed quickly! Contracts mean bugger all these days

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8