Latrell Mitchell’s ban

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I cant stand how all the post-match commentators were saying "I love Latrell & that's the way he plays, he's ultra-competitive blah blah blah".

Cronk was doing it on Kayo & when I switched over to channel 9 I caught Gus saying it too.

Why this attempt to downplay & justify a despicable act?

Why, after all the grub acts he's pulled & his obvious bad attitude, do people defend him?

I didnt hear any if them spend any time of note showing concern for Manu's state.
Brandy did and said it was a send off with 6 weeks

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Isn't it a damning indictment in previous NRL admins and decisions that most of us thought they would find a way to go soft.

Well done to the MRC.....and about time NRL, now just fix the on-field officiating around this.

The loading is supposed to be an incentive to 'change your ways'. If everything is judged in isolation, the player comes back without the pressure to be 'better'. You look at a guy like Jack Hethrington; the lengthy suspensions are mounting up to a point where he is either going to have to have a serious look at his technique and rethink the way he approaches the game or risk being lost to game. The same goes for Latrell. He has a history of this sort of nonsense and unless he takes a deep breath, grows up a bit and losing the chip on his shoulder, he will continue to cost himself and his team.

I love a tough game of RL but running in at full pelt and connecting with a guy's head to the point where he can't see out of one eye and is taken off to hospital, that's not good enough. If it happened to Tom T, we'd be screaming foul on here. A great player (Joey Manu) gets wiped out for the remainder of the year for simply running the ball. Latrell will get what he deserves.
I get that BUT as you just mentioned guys like Latrell and Hetherington keep doing what they do! the repeat offenders don't seem to be learning their lesson which is my point. The lengthy suspensions only hurt the fans and the club more than the individual.

ALinda

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Phil Gould in his infinite wisdom said it was 'unintentional' and simply 'careless'. Now, I am sure he didn't want to break Manu's eye socket and cheekbone but when you run in with that amount of force and aggression, it's RECKLESS not careless. If you can send a guy off to hospital with his face rearranged, you haven't been careless, you've been reckless.
Spot on! My instant reaction was that it was totally reckless.

Gould was that infuriating I was ready to smash him (or the tv), banging on and on about how it wasn't intentional and he didn't mean go in to break Manu's cheekbone or eye socket. Completely missed the issue, whether it was intentional or not, that it happened!...and Mitchell caused it :mad:

He was so busy seemingly apologising for Mitchell's action, he didn't show any concern for Manu's welfare. And throwing the ball to the head of a Roosters player on the ground didn't get a mention either.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
1630120177822.png

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Ryan Matterson got 3 weeks for the hit on Parker. Latrine's was worse. much worse and he only got 10 min in the bin. should be min 3 weeks but deserves 5 or 6 everyday of the week.

will be interesting to see what PVL and the NRL brass do about this. needs real action.

Are you suggesting you want the chairman to interfere with the judiciary process .. ?

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I’m in the “ he’ll challenge it and have it massively downgraded “ brigade.

You can just smell it in the air.

The Grubbitohs will throw everything bar the kitchen sink at the defence as they know otherwise that’s their season pretty much done !!

##fanboy88

Spot on! My instant reaction was that it was totally reckless.

Gould was that infuriating I was ready to smash him (or the tv), banging on and on about how it wasn't intentional and he didn't mean go in to break Manu's cheekbone or eye socket. Completely missed the issue, whether it was intentional or not, that it happened!...and Mitchell caused it :mad:

He was so busy seemingly apologising for Mitchell's action, he didn't show any concern for Manu's welfare. And throwing the ball to the head of a Roosters player on the ground didn't get a mention either.
Not to mention he keep saying we (Gus, Andrew Johns, Paul Gallon) played the game they haven't (tv audience) so we wont understand !

The only thing I dont understand is why he wasnt sent off and why you want to defend such reckless action reaction.

FACT IS MANU SEASON OVER, NOT TO MENTION PAIN AND SUFFERING. WILL EATING FROM A STRAW FOR A FEW WEEK

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Makes you think what would have happened if this game was on during magic round where they had that farcical crackdown. They would have just set up the firing squad and shot him on the spot wouldn't they ? Love taps were getting 10 minutes in the bin let alone reckless cheekbone busting shoulders

This is what makes the NRL a laughing stock - short term rule crackdowns that are quickly forgotten. Why isn't PVL out front and centre today condemning Latrells actions and trumpeting player safety like he was back in Round 10 ?? Meanwhile the fans just shrug their shoulders and wonder what the next focus will be for the referees so they can unduly influence the outcome of a game based on an edict from above.

eagleron

Bencher
Been said before and everything Latrell does is reinforcing the Total Grub tag.

He's a special talent for sure but imagine that was Tom he took out. Would there be more outcry from everyone?
He'll serve suspension for each game souffs play. Mate they don't have to lose deliberately to the riff. The pennies will flog them with or without Latricia.

Question.

One of my posts just got deleted for referring to Latrell by a nickname I've seen used in many different forums including this one.

an American Military toilet can be called a latrine and while I admit its a shi##y attempt of a description its not really that bad is it?

If it is I hang my head in shame. Would it have just been better to call him a di@khead and be done with it?
Same here mate, I guess I'm in the naughty corner now

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
May have already been mentioned but Perenara has been sacked from the bunker for the Storm-Eels match and its assumed its because he didn't advise on field ref to send Latrell off straight away. Our hero Perenara strikes again

Snake

Snake's Alive!
I get that BUT as you just mentioned guys like Latrell and Hetherington keep doing what they do! the repeat offenders don't seem to be learning their lesson which is my point. The lengthy suspensions only hurt the fans and the club more than the individual.
Have to disagree. If they don’t get the message, they don’t deserve to play; hence the lengthy suspension. So I’m more than happy to see Latrell miss game after game after game if he doesn’t wanna play it in the right spirit. He gets what he deserves. If he can’t adapt and adjust, he can watch from the sidelines. That’s the consequence. As for the fans, sure it’s disappointing but it’s more disappointing for the fans of Joey Manu to watch their player miss the rest of reason through an act of foul play than it is for fans of Latrell who can at least rationalise that he brought it on himself.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18