Latrell Mitchell’s ban

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I think Latrell gets unfairly targeted on here because people don't like him. If it was Klokstad or Turbo or even a Pappenhuyzen, I think people would be more lenient on them. That's just my opinion anyway.
Maybe because those other players don't have a history of red mist and aggressive, overcompensating behaviour when playing. You could quite easily say "not his go" about those other 3 - but with Mitchell you have that nagging doubt in the back of your mind about intent, or at the very best reckless indifference.

Not trying to beat up on you either. I just think they got it wrong. I'm still perplexed how Mitchell wasn't sanctioned for lashing out with a boot in tackle and breaking Brimsons jaw. I get it's a contact sport but you have to have some control over your actions in order to protect your fellow competitors. It was one of the main reaons I had no time for that grub Slater, with his karate kicks and studs up slides. No respect for others.

Maybe because those other players don't have a history of red mist and aggressive, overcompensating behaviour when playing. You could quite easily say "not his go" about those other 3 - but with Mitchell you have that nagging doubt in the back of your mind about intent, or at the very best reckless indifference.

Not trying to beat up on you either. I just think they got it wrong. I'm still perplexed how Mitchell wasn't sanctioned for lashing out with a boot in tackle and breaking Brimsons jaw. I get it's a contact sport but you have to have some control over your actions in order to protect your fellow competitors. It was one of the main reaons I had no time for that grub Slater, with his karate kicks and studs up slides. No respect for others.
I understand all that but the MRC are not taking into consideration someone's personality or history of offences when grading tackles. They are completely independent and judge each tackle on its own merit. They do not and cannot be swayed by someone being known as "dirty"
The carry over points, priors and early pleas etc will effect the length of suspension but NONE of that is part of the MRC's grading.

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
This is it. Its just our opinions. They were both brutal tackles and both punished badly and won't play again this season. Id say just was served on both occasions even though a slightly different grading.

I think Latrell gets unfairly targeted on here because people don't like him. If it was Klokstad or Turbo or even a Pappenhuyzen, I think people would be more lenient on them. That's just my opinion anyway.
Well I like Latrell as a very skilful player, great to watch but he has the grub in him, if it was Turbo it would not have carry overs, but I don’t think Turbo is a reckless player where Latrell has history. But yes just our opinions.

EOL now nesting on the GC

Official NRL commentator of the UK Royal Family
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Spot on! My instant reaction was that it was totally reckless.

Gould was that infuriating I was ready to smash him (or the tv), banging on and on about how it wasn't intentional and he didn't mean go in to break Manu's cheekbone or eye socket. Completely missed the issue, whether it was intentional or not, that it happened!...and Mitchell caused it :mad:

He was so busy seemingly apologising for Mitchell's action, he didn't show any concern for Manu's welfare. And throwing the ball to the head of a Roosters player on the ground didn't get a mention either.
If gould says ' people that haven't played our game don't understand' I'm going to find where le lives and drop a large hot turd right on his drive....

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
This is it. Its just our opinions. They were both brutal tackles and both punished badly and won't play again this season. Id say just was served on both occasions even though a slightly different grading.

Well I like Latrell as a very skilful player, great to watch but he has the grub in him, if it was Turbo it would not have carry overs, but I don’t think Turbo is a reckless player where Latrell has history. But yes just our opinions.

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
it was when one fellow silvertailer described me as a Di&khead of the highest order a while back. I don't like hearing such truth. ;)
I see @Eagle of London . I thought it might have something to do with a negative experience in a latrine.

On an entirely unrelated topic I thought your nickname for Mitchell was bog on. 😎

Last edited:
I've never seen a coach mention an official by name to that degree in a press conference before. To criticise the standard of refereeing is one thing but for a coach to go after a particular individual - I've never seen that before.

I would be stunned if he escapes a fine but I also wouldn't be because V'Landys is a complete hack

AlxFromNthNarra

Rarely does big posts worth reading....maybe
Funny spot to have a neck ;) They were both brutal shots! Its just an opinion which one was worse. They were as bad as each other!
Sorry Robbo respectfully disagree.

Latrell's hit was an order of magnitude more nasty, I believe - but as that is my opinion it will mean little without agreement from a wider consensus.

Regardless, I am happy Latrell Mitchell is not a Manly player, as I find him an abrasive and difficult player to like. Even if he had the beloved Sea Eagle on his guernsey, I would still find that hit entirely distasteful.

CNH did a similarly reckless act, but at least he showed a modicum of regret, and then posted a public apology. Has Latrell done that much? No. Is he perhaps still looking at a way he can pin this on a victimisation complex....? Hmmm..

Mitchell got sent for 10, and upon his return he scored, and pegged the ball at point-blank at the undefended head of an ex-team-mate. Is he just "fired up"? Or is he just expressing his inner-twat?

Latter for me bro, until evidence proves otherwise.

EOL now nesting on the GC

Official NRL commentator of the UK Royal Family
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I see @Eagle of London . I thought it might have something to do with a negative experience in a latrine.

On an entirely unrelated topic I thought your nickname for Mitchell was bog on. 😎
Oh boggy!

sorry, I meant buddy.

you have leaked out some really Shi++y hemorrhoids sorry humor today.

anyway. to answer your question about a negative Latrine experience I was actually Britney Spears body double in the below video.

Needless to say, latrines do not agree with my system anymore.

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Oh boggy!

sorry, I meant buddy.

you have leaked out some really Shi++y hemorrhoids sorry humor today.

anyway. to answer your question about a negative Latrine experience I was actually Britney Spears body double in the below video.

Needless to say, latrines do not agree with my system anymore.

It looked like a pretty ****full situation @Eagle of London . I won't plumb the depths of this crappy topic anymore. I will let this random guy have the last turd. I mean word.
the movie comedy GIF

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18