Post-Game Discussion Knights v Manly [Round 13, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Knights
Vs
Sea Eagles
28 McDonald Jones Stadium
28 May 2023 16:05
80:00 minute

Match Stats

I’m sorry weekes is not a first grade fullback. He’s possibly a 14 maybe. He’s not up to standard at all. Cooper Johns is not up to it either. Sorry, tried hard but he’s not up to standard. Defence was much better in the second half when Arthur was on. In some parts of our attack it seriously looked like we had literally put this team together from complete strangers. Schuster running around backwards, players not running proper angles. It was a rabble today. Which I guess is fair enough when we’re missing the players we were but why can the good clubs just bring the next man in and it works.
Well said .

Without the benefit of hindsight, I think seibold made the right selections. I was happy to give weekes another shot at fullback and Johns a shot at 7, given Arthur had less than a week training with the team.

I think we will see Garrick at 1 and Arthur at 7 next time.
Johns played well in the trials, that's probably why Seibold made the selections. He partnered well with Schuster in those 2 games. Even though Croker had a decent game today, it was Gordie who played those 2 trial games and really layed the platform for Johns to have a decent game in those 2 games.

Mixed bag, gutsy with the ball in hand but very ordinary with it, most of them weren’t interested in any effort off the ball

If DCE plays, we win comfortably

Johns is woeful, and Seibold can have a huge piece of the blame pie for firstly picking him then leaving him on so long

Rorted by the refs, never a clearer example than Garrick held down for an age then we got pinged next set for nothing. Did a hell of a job defensively to stay in the fight considering the possession and field position

Koula had a day to forget, but that ruling was an absolute joke, if Ponga got hit in the head at all, he wouldn’t get back up. And they try that followed, we may have stripped it, but he still made contact with it after that action into a Manly arm

Olakau’atu had a really bludge today, big bandaging but he had no interest in running the ball. Compare him to Fainu who went looking for it
I thought Olakau'atu would come out hard to show Freddie what he'd be missing on Wednesday but he may just as well have stayed home

Arthur has potential but he did play like he'd been around the team for only a few days....

I think Seibold erred in not bringing him on earlier though as Johns was all at sea out there.

Feel for Johns as he is likeable and tries hard but he does not look comfortable in first grade for us. In such a key position for the side surely they can't keep selecting him....

Last edited:
Arthur has potential but he did play like he'd been around the team for only a few days....

I think Seinold erred in not bringing him on earlier though as Johns was all at sea out there.

Feel for Johns as he is likeable and tries hard but he does not look comfortable in first grade for us. In such a key position for the side surely they can't keep selecting him....

Agree, Arthur should have come on after 35 mins just before half time.

Knights dominated possession, aided in part by plenty of leg up penalties that seemed very generous to this Manly fan.
So I can't knock the effort, in fact it was only a dud bunker call that got them ahead late. And the sinbin which was ridiculous.
Fainu has arrived, he is going to be a good player, he'll stay in the 17 surely.
Johns was given a chance to play himself into or out of the side, we all know which way that went. Bad luck Cooper, seems a decent bloke.
Koula is better than that.
Oh yeah, Schu. Hmmm. Work in progress.

Knights dominated possession, aided in part by plenty of leg up penalties that seemed very generous to this Manly fan.
So I can't knock the effort, in fact it was only a dud bunker call that got them ahead late. And the sinbin which was ridiculous.
Fainu has arrived, he is going to be a good player, he'll stay in the 17 surely.
Johns was given a chance to play himself into or out of the side, we all know which way that went. Bad luck Cooper, seems a decent bloke.
Koula is better than that.
Oh yeah, Schu. Hmmm. Work in progress.
Even though some calls went against us, I think we just weren't good enough.

I'm not disappointed after that loss - actually feel better about today's game than I did about the draw!

Our middle of Paseka, Keppie and Sipley did well.

This week showed why origin should be a stand alone round.

DCE and Tom in and we win that.

Yeah our coaching staff are really just experimenting this year. I don’t think they really know all the strengths and weaknesses of all the players
Unfortunately this could exactly be the problem
Every two or three years we seem to start a ‘5 year plan’ without seeing through the last plan.

I was glad to see Weekes get the fullback role but he didn't do himself any favours tonight, Garrick should be fullback next game and Vega/ Tippytoes wing , John's should never play again give Humphries a go give Arthur some time to become a ball playing forward and bring Gordon onto the bench

From Post #1

FULL TIME SCORE

Knights: 28
Manly: 18

350097185_165975212885340_5863000326876066801_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

349853359_777510924031783_4310225620704278332_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

Team Victory Song:

c620536e7a3a92d0858c6791b2d697cf.gif

Pressers:

Post Match Interviews: TBA

Match Report:

Game Stats Review:

Match Highlights:

Full Match Replay Link: TBA

Manly Tries:

Game Pics & Video Clips:

Press Print & Video Articles:

The Tackle: Ponga’s message for Slater after Origin omission

Sea Eagles Judiciary News:

Manly centre Tolutau Koula has been charged with a Careless High Tackle offence following his side's loss to the Knights on Sunday.

Koula, who was sin binned in the second-half of Sunday's match for the offence involving Newcastle fullback Kalyn Ponga, has been charged with a Grade 1 Careless High Tackle and has been fined $1,000 with an early guilty plea.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sadly I missed the game , no coverage where I am , on air now thanks to a nearby caravanner who kindly lent me their Starlink access.

Reading the thread it sounds like we were about as **** as I thought we’d be!!

I had zero expectations for this game anyway.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4