Post-Game Discussion Knights v Manly [Round 12, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Game Information

Knights
Vs
Sea Eagles
18 McDonald Jones Stadium
30 May 2021 16:05
80th minute

Match Stats

The late re-shuffle with Funa coming in at 6, after Foz, Cust and Schuster were all ruled out, obviously didn't help. Neither did Cummins doing everything in his power to screw us over. But we still should have won that. Mistakes, probably due to fatigue, cost us.

Still very happy with the defensive effort. We played with 12 men for 20 minutes, and the lopsided penalty count meant we got very little possession. We had to be smart and effective with the ball we got, and we were neither.

Let's see how we go after the bye.
The only real joy I got out of today’s game was seeing Harper up against Best. Harpers defence has been great, but I thought Best will be a tough nut to defend against. Imo Harper has cemented that centre position. And he also seems to be building a good understanding and communication with Saab which is a huge plus.
There, I managed to finish the night on a positive. Goodnight.

The only real joy I got out of today’s game was seeing Harper up against Best. Harpers defence has been great, but I thought Best will be a tough nut to defend against. Imo Harper has cemented that centre position. And he also seems to be building a good understanding and communication with Saab which is a huge plus.
The decision to put Funa at 5/8 was a shocker. He was completely out of place. No fault on him as he is primarily a winger and had little football for several weeks. Consequently the Manly backline was disjointed throughout the game. This plus some un-discipline and no 50/50 calls was costly. In essence Manly butchered that game.

I called out DCE for the first two sets of the game where our last tackle options were diabolical IMO. I then got called out by the hero keyboard warrior shortly after when DCE did one of his sporadic magical things... I missed most of the game after this point but came back to read the result. Obviously, I was way off questioning DCE's leadership when needed and it was just the refs, right?

Yes, Harper's defence has been outstanding and deserves to keep a centre position.

Whilst he's one positive from today's game, I've found another one - we're still 6th on the ladder :)

And any Manly forward pass, Voss the goose was still going on about it 5 minutes later like we'd pulled off the Great Train Robbery.
Voss just needs to shut up. Talks waaaay too much. It was dull enough when he made the first Trbojevics in the backyard analogy but then there was the next and the next and the next and when is Ben coming on and he might not get a game and more and more mindless twaddle. And then there was constantly trying to predict what would happen next. Tedious beyond belief.

HK_Eagle said:
Ahh, yes, we've got the headless chook DCE back this week
want a rag to wipe that egg off your face brother lol

Hey Cameron, how'd that heroic slander work out for you. Returning serve because obviously captain courageous stood up when the team needed him? Or did DCE drop the ball when Turbo couldn't carry us over the line??? I dunno... what should we expect from our million dollar captain and who really carries this team? I don't recall DCE EVER carrying this team, just some freakish golden point executions under pressure. I'd rather a consistent reliable captain who turns up and performs week in and week out, and not just when everyone else is firing to give him his downhill run,

The Referee will:

a) Officiate the game with a minimal of bias, with a consistent application of the rules to both sides, and ensure that the game is a fair contest between two sides reflective of their efforts.

or

b) Will use every subjective rule to punish one team only according to his or her own bias, or those in positions above him/her. Will destroy any sense of a fair contest by continually penalising one team only, or by allowing one team to go unpunished (or a combination of both).

IN essence the ref will either:
a) Not cheat
b) Cheat

And if we didn't know before, we all know now which category cummings falls into.

( choices 'a' and 'b' attached as a form of "Allegedly")

Hey Cameron, how'd that heroic slander work out for you. Returning serve because obviously captain courageous stood up when the team needed him? Or did DCE drop the ball when Turbo couldn't carry us over the line??? I dunno... what should we expect from our million dollar captain and who really carries this team? I don't recall DCE EVER carrying this team, just some freakish golden point executions under pressure. I'd rather a consistent reliable captain who turns up and performs week in and week out, and not just when everyone else is firing to give him his downhill run,
So you hate DCE. Good for you and that’s certainly your freedom of choice.

I chose to support our captain, bad games and good. Even Turbo was ordinary yesterday as well as a few others including the diabolical refereeing (not DCE’S first 2 sets). DCE is still a blue chip half irrespective of his sometimes headless chicken stuff.

Apart from Cleary, there is no other half worthy of the Manly number 7!

When they came out in the s

Your a dead set wanker of the biggest kind. ****ing goose. Every loss is always dce fault, every win because someone else carried the team. Absolute moron.Should not even bother responding to trolls. **** off

Last edited:

DCE wasn't great today but neither was Tom. DCE needs to have forwards going forward making yards and he needs a halves partner to take the pressure off him. He didn't have either today. I have been critical before of DCE and while today he wasn't great - he wasn't terrible. Great pass for the try - some 40/20 kicks with a different bounce would have been great so a bit unlucky. Thought his bombs were substandard but again the Knights only had to defend his side of the ruck for the ball going wide or for kicks... there was no other avenue yesterday.

I called out DCE for the first two sets of the game where our last tackle options were diabolical IMO. I then got called out by the hero keyboard warrior shortly after when DCE did one of his sporadic magical things... I missed most of the game after this point but came back to read the result. Obviously, I was way off questioning DCE's leadership when needed and it was just the refs, right?
You did not even watch the game and you saying again its because of DCEs leadership lol. You have no idea. We were tackling the whole of the first half, and most of the second, no field position, 9-0 penalty count, two players in the bin, could not buy a 6 again call, but that is on dce's leadership? You are a goose!

DCE put on a sublime first try, after that we hardly had any chances. He put some great early kicks down field, turbo forced the error,only for Keppie to knock on at play the ball on first tackle. The whole team was flat yesterday, refs were horrible, players in bin. Harper, Lawnton were stand outs but **** off with your constant slandering when you didn't even watch the game.

Voss just needs to shut up. Talks waaaay too much. It was dull enough when he made the first Trbojevics in the backyard analogy but then there was the next and the next and the next and when is Ben coming on and he might not get a game and more and more mindless twaddle. And then there was constantly trying to predict what would happen next. Tedious beyond belief.
I can’t stand Voss. He’s arguably the worst lead commentator across all the networks.

We were down 9-0 in the penalty count.
Down a player at a certain stage.
Down key players and away from home.
We were in it up until the final minutes and defended on our line on several occasions. Our defence kept us in it. Our attack let us down.

We didn’t play well but we did play with heart. First 4 rounds we had zero heart and that was my biggest complaint. So I can forgive a loss away from home, after a huge emotional win last week and down key players.
Fair enough...I thought the Knights forwards punched through us a bit and then when in strong attacking positions, they played off Crossland who passed well before the line or put in ineffective kicks.

our attack couldn’t fire because we lost the ruck consistently and it meant everything we tried to do was off slow ruck speed...the holes for Tom didn’t exist today because the Knights had their line set consistently from winning the ruck.

The game was lost when keppie had his ridiculous brain snap that not only let us and his team mates down but cost us the game..at 10-0 newcastle was slowly going down the tube and we would of won by plenty..keppie is responsible and i hope he learns from what he done..major let down

We were down 9-0 in the penalty count.
Down a player at a certain stage.
Down key players and away from home.
We were in it up until the final minutes and defended on our line on several occasions. Our defence kept us in it. Our attack let us down.

We didn’t play well but we did play with heart. First 4 rounds we had zero heart and that was my biggest complaint. So I can forgive a loss away from home, after a huge emotional win last week and down key players.
I have no problem with a loss and our effort. What I have a problem with is deliberate one sided officiating that determined the result.

We were poor yesterday, very little decent field possession and when we had it, execution was off in between errors etc.

It’ll be a huge task off the bye given Keppie will be on the sidelines for a few weeks, Saddler will be out of action for a long time (surely Marty isn’t charged!).

We need to see some reinforcements come in. Fingers crossed we have Cust, Walker, Sironen, Foran, Schuster (slight calf strain with what Des mentioned yesterday) back.

The only positive is that Origin is likely to be played in Townsville so Jake, Tom and Daly will not have to travel.
best case scenario is Daly and Jake back up.

Highly doubt they’ll pick Tom at all.

Fair enough...I thought the Knights forwards punched through us a bit and then when in strong attacking positions, they played off Crossland who passed well before the line or put in ineffective kicks.

our attack couldn’t fire because we lost the ruck consistently and it meant everything we tried to do was off slow ruck speed...the holes for Tom didn’t exist today because the Knights had their line set consistently from winning the ruck.
They did get over us in the forwards I agree. But that happens when the penalty count was that high and possession was going their way. In saying that the knights showed intent from the first whistle and our first set we couldn’t get out of the 20!

Would say though the holding down and second efforts were becoming farcical! Very slow game, and when ever we tried to get a roll on, play was stopped or their 10 metres turned to 7. Very poor officiating

We were poor yesterday, very little decent field possession and when we had it, execution was off in between errors etc.

It’ll be a huge task off the bye given Keppie will be on the sidelines for a few weeks, Saddler will be out of action for a long time (surely Marty isn’t charged!).

We need to see some reinforcements come in. Fingers crossed we have Cust, Walker, Sironen, Foran, Schuster (slight calf strain with what Des mentioned yesterday) back.

The only positive is that Origin is likely to be played in Townsville so Jake, Tom and Daly will not have to travel.
best case scenario is Daly and Jake back up.

Highly doubt they’ll pick Tom at all.
We play cows at home. The boys will be traveling. Barring injury all will play I’d imagine and given our injuries suspensions we will need them to.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8