Klemmer?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Old mate Weidler mentioned on the news tonight that if they release Klemmer, Marty and AFB are in the Bulldogs hitlist as a replacement.

Highly doubt that is the case, especially with Marty, given Klemmer is apparently only on a modest contract at Canterbury and both our props would require decent money.

If des trades addin or Marty to the dogs for any reason, but most of all to get foran, he has lost the plot before he even started to try and plot.

This is a rumour going around by the way. As is Marty to roosters, Napa to dogs, Foran to us

Last edited:
Marty the metre eater for a dodgy broken Foz. Sounds like a fair trade. NOT. This getting more concerning. Some have said Marty to Roosters was done months ago, same with Nappa not being at the chooks. Now Klemmer looks a done deal else where.

FMD. I'm getting nervous, such insanity as Foz has serious smoke around it.

Old mate Weidler mentioned on the news tonight that if they release Klemmer, Marty and AFB are in the Bulldogs hitlist as a replacement.

Highly doubt that is the case, especially with Marty, given Klemmer is apparently only on a modest contract at Canterbury and both our props would require decent money.

Two things

1. NRL media need something to occupy the empty column inches so they will write any rumour or half truth to fill it.

2. If we get Foran back at all, yet alone at the possible expense of Marty and/or AFB, then we are f*cked. Makes no commercial or football sense... and yet with Des it seems plausible...

I wonder what personal issue there could be that could be solved by moving to Newcastle?

Is he from there originally and has family there?

Lyall if you are reading this be very very careful
All this positivity around the place and support will be lost in a instance if foz is signed for either Marty or AFB going to the dogs
It is crazy to even think this is being considered.

I know its been mentioned, but how are Newcastle getting away with poaching him before November 1.They must be the new darlings of the NRL, the Central Coast Roosters, well they do have half the roosters side there already

They have the same advantages we had after the northern disaster (under spending the cap means it can carry over etc)

Marty the metre eater for a dodgy broken Foz. Sounds like a fair trade. NOT. This getting more concerning. Some have said Marty to Roosters was done months ago, same with Nappa not being at the chooks. Now Klemmer looks a done deal else where.

FMD. I'm getting nervous, such insanity as Foz has serious smoke around it.

There's been 1 unsubstantiated rumour on Foran, that's hardly serious smoke mate.

Don't think Addin is on big coin... We signed him at the end of 2017 for a further 2yrs. That was after a 1yr contract extension.

He'd be chasing a pay increase for sure in his next contract. He's now a regular rep player.

He's become our most devastating ball runner in my opinion. Other clubs would be throwing more coin than what he's making with us I reckon.
That's why we should be looking to extend him now on a larger contract before his market value blows up

Don't think Addin is on big coin... We signed him at the end of 2017 for a further 2yrs. That was after a 1yr contract extension.

He'd be chasing a pay increase for sure in his next contract. He's now a regular rep player.

He's become our most devastating ball runner in my opinion. Other clubs would be throwing more coin than what he's making with us I reckon.
Correct..Its very simple resign AFB and release Tapau end of 2019.

OR alternatively Des will do his backended monkey Business Again to keep both.

I agree 100%.
There is more upside to AFB at this stage of their careers considering the coin they are on.

Taupau on $900k just doesn't cut it for me. As this year proved, making more metres than the opposition doesn't win games.

Capitalising on metres is far more important in my opinion.

So Marty doing his job and making metres doesn't cut it?
That is what he is paid to do, and he does it very well, one of the best.

Why is he the sacrificial lamb because of poor conditioning, non-existent game plans, fractured structure and other players' shortcomings we failed to capitalise on the metres he made?

We also blame our wingers for not scoring enough tries when the only time they get the ball is from opposition 6th tackle kicks.

It is all absurd.

Do you blame an 80% goal-kicker for his team not scoring enough tries?

We would...anything but the reality.

Far too many people here don't understand why we failed this year or have taken the T Barrett course on denial...or both.

Hopefully our new real coach will fix most of the real problems.

Last edited:
I agree 100%.
There is more upside to AFB at this stage of their careers considering the coin they are on.

Taupau on $900k just doesn't cut it for me. As this year proved, making more metres than the opposition doesn't win games.

Capitalising on metres is far more important in my opinion.
So klemmer being offered 1.2 to do the same roll as Marty is 30% worse?

Who was the poster on here that used to have the saying “props win grand finals” and then listed the influential ones?

I am not sure why you would off load a premier forward and replace him with who?

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8