Klemmer?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If we were the Rorters yes, we ain’t so no!!

Yep, you need a bottomless salary cap, which they apparently have.

The smartest thing that club has done is to call themselves Sydney. Genius.

We could have been the Sydney Sea Eagles.... sounds better and is a much finer bird.

Pay would be keen to offload him but it's really a matter of how much they would contribute. I doubt much as they have cap issues all their own

Surely Foran wouldn't be considered. His body is broken and I don't think he will ever again be the player he was. As for Klemmer or Faitala-Mariner..... yes please. I'd even be happy with Will Hopoate. In fact, given out weakness out wide, I'd welcome Hoppa back to Brookie with open arms.

Surely Foran wouldn't be considered. His body is broken and I don't think he will ever again be the player he was. As for Klemmer or Faitala-Mariner..... yes please. I'd even be happy with Will Hopoate. In fact, given out weakness out wide, I'd welcome Hoppa back to Brookie with open arms.

Blakey Blakey Blakey ...... I agree.

Definate no to Foran, not even a shadow of his former self, plus mental health issues to boot.

Besides, I want to see how Elgey stacks up with DCE, especially under Des, im excited about this potential combination.

KANGAROOS prop David Klemmer is poised to ask the Canterbury Bulldogs for a release to sign one of the richest contracts in rugby league history with the Newcastle Knights.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal Klemmer met with Bulldogs chief executive Andrew Hill last week about the possibility of him being freed from the final two seasons of his four-year contract.

Asked about the meeting with Klemmer, Hill said: “We don’t comment on rumours and speculation involving Dave or any other players.

“Dave has been at the Dogs for nearly a decade and is a much-valued member of our club.

“Obviously, we’d like him to be at the club for a lot longer.”

This is the third time in 12 months Klemmer has approached Canterbury to talk about an early release.

533b4ae323c556cabf903e2c7fa26e81

David Klemmer could be on the way out of the Bulldogs. Picture: Getty Images
He met Hill on his own without a manager. Another Bulldogs official revealed Klemmer had been “unsettled” for some time.

There is talk he has an out clause in that some old third-party agreements have fallen over.

Under NRL anti-poaching laws, the Knights cannot officially open negotiations with Klemmer until November next year.

However, it is understood a third party has been involved in talks behind the scenes.

Newcastle are prepared to pay a whopping $4.6 million in a four-year deal.

It is double what he is earning at Belmore and the front-rower is reportedly keen to explore a more relaxed lifestyle in Newcastle.

Desperate to increase their forward strength, the Knights recently met with Broncos front-rowers Tevita Pangai Jr and Matt Lodge. Both knocked them back and hence the move for Klemmer.

e3cbd98480cea78d82f75a079505a54c

David Klemmer could be tempted by a big-money move to Newcastle. Picture: Alix Sweeney
They need the forward momentum to allow Kalyn Ponga and Mitchell Pearce to work their magic.

With the coaching merry-go-round finally settled, clubs are now preparing for a player market frenzy.

Even players under contract such as Klemmer will be targeted across the game.

Wayne Bennett and Anthony Seibold plan to be coaching at their current clubs next season, despite long-term recruitment goals at their new clubs.

If he goes to the knights then they are looking pretty good in the building department.
Kinda starting to wonder how the Knights can afford so many new signings & still be under the cap??
Ponga, Pearce, Guierra, SKD, Felise, Glasby, Remien, Lee, Lino, Ese'ese.......were chasing Pangai Jr & Lodge.....& still after Klemmer, Taupau, AFB plus plus!!!!

Kinda starting to wonder how the Knights can afford so many new signings & still be under the cap??
Ponga, Pearce, Guierra, SKD, Felise, Glasby, Remien, Lee, Lino, Ese'ese.......were chasing Pangai Jr & Lodge.....& still after Klemmer, Taupau, AFB plus plus!!!!
Guerra,skd,Felise,Lee,Lino,Esesee none of them would be on massive coin .I would think throwing One big offer to any quality forward and would take any of Kapow,Afb,Pangai Jr,Klemmer or Lodge.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6