Keppie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
The club are letting go the wrong forward,

Alioia is the underperforming player on good coin, Keppie would be on halve of what Alioia is on and playing better football.

I agree.

If this rumour is true though, it's likely Aloiai is harder to move on, due to a lack of demand from other clubs.

Losing Keppie is a bad move imo. I'm a big fan, both on and off the field.

Unless Manly signs another player equal or better than Keppie it's a big mistake. FMD the guy loves the place & some of the bull$hit posts about his errors is crazy. Jrbo gives away more penalties than any other forward yet most here wanna lick his ar$e. Keppie is one of our better forwards & there are others i'd let go before him! Value for money he's miles in front of Trbo, Jrbo, Brbo, Harper etc.
Get off the guys back.

Where is this being reported?

I was thinking the same.

It was in this thread...

Written by: MICHAEL CARAYANNIS - for foxsports I guess.

Up to you people but we just went through a whole 'schu is leaving' saga so I'd suggest not blowing a gasket just yet.

I don't think it is financial as to why Keppie is being let go(unless his pay is going up significantly over the next 3 years which is a possibility)
The author hinted it was cap related,but if he is being let go for that reason and the club is looking for an experienced prop as well,then this new prop would have to be very inexpensive for that line to fly.
This is the second time this year he has been dropped,whether people agree with it or not it seems the coach disagrees with somes opinions on him.
I would have gotten rid of Aloiai first myself but I am not the coach.
I have no issues with the direction the club is taking,the proof will be in the pudding next year I guess ....

Woods said yesterday that he does not know if he is playing next year and is waiting to hear from seibolds to see if there will be an offer put to him.

Alioia is the underperforming player on good coin, Keppie would be on halve of what Alioia is on and playing better football.
Not sure many clubs would be lining up to take Aloiai off our books though.

I have no inside knowledge but it appears this guy is kept around as he is supposedly the "alpha dog" or spiritual leader of the Polynesian players?
Agree with most that I'd keep keppie over aloai just based on off the field alone!

Probably has not helped Keppie 's game alternating between 13 and prop recently
as well
Should have the experience now to adapt but just like Aloiia and Woods being tried as a 13 , not really fitting the requirements there to help the team to best effect .
Problem at the beginning of the season for a 13 , still an issue to resolve even though Jake does do better there but also needed up front as well .Bit late in the season to see how Bully or Sam Fainu could go there
Bit hard to see the justification in letting Keppie go , Paseka was just a bit off his game mid way through last season or so and recovering from injury and came real good again .
Keppie has fortunately not had any major injury concerns , form maybe a little bit inconsistent recently but overall , plenty of upside on what he can bring .,
Certainly better or most likely more then Aloiia or Woods on present indications if he can be a bit more settled back as a prop again and lifting his game to a slightly better level .

Just crazy, sounds like we are on a retirement home spoon mission
I imagine Woods might be kept on because the club is worried about collective ‘withdrawal symptoms’, if no one at Brookvale is leaking stories to the fourth estate.;)

Of course the whole ‘re-sign Woods, Keppie to resign’ theory could be a red herring.

Yes it's the grass mixed turd that comes out of a cows ar$e......there are others who should go before Keppie!
Wouldn't that be cow sh1t ?
Either way I agree Keppie is a keeper, hasn't even hit his prime. Wasn't that long ago people were crying out to shed players who don't want to buy in, well Keppie bought in the moment he ran out on his debut and isn't costing us the earth.

Yes it's the grass mixed turd that comes out of a cows ar$e......there are others who should go before Keppie!
Thanks for clarifying. I was totally stumped as to what that meant but now I have full knowledge as to what bullsh*t means and can finally continue through life a better person for it, so once again thank you and I’m for ever in your dept.

I’m saying there are others as well, I don’t disagree with that.
But what I do also agree with is that Keppie will be surplus to requirements once we sign a top line prop.

Too many same style props
gotta change something
need to unload a prop with a decent contract

only a couple of options really

comes down to who you can move on without freight
generally its about other clubs window shopping as opposed to us moving them on

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14