Keppie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
UN****INGBELIEVABLE .... what the hell drugs are you people on .

Keppie made the 2nd highest number of tackles to Crokers 38 ... making 32 tackles in just 44 minutes .. that would be a rate of 60 tackles a game.

BUT One error in a game where the team made 11 errors ... and it's his fault we lost the game .. Good grief!

Between the dropped ball and the try came the no look mis-tackle by the Sho ..... so it must be his fault we lost the game ...

But NO Wait ... after that there was the Garrick over running Solomona mistake ... so its his fault we lost the game

Down that path lies madness ...

What do they say about timing?

Unfortunately Keppie's mistakes invariably happen at a critical time to either stop momentum or hand it over to the other team for the match to be lost.

Keppie made the 2nd highest number of tackles to Crokers 38 ... making 32 tackles in just 44 minutes .. that would be a rate of 60 tackles a game.

BUT One error in a game where the team made 11 errors ... and it's his fault we lost the game .. Good grief!

Between the dropped ball and the try came the no look mis-tackle by the Sho ..... so it must be his fault we lost the game ...

But NO Wait ... after that there was the Garrick over running Solomona mistake ... so its his fault we lost the game

He wouldn't have to make so many tackles if he doesn't drop the ball or concede penalties.
It's a pretty simple game really.

Know what you're sayin Woodsie, but no amount of tackles makes up for something that sticks out like dogs .... in what was a tight match up till then.

What do they say about timing?

Unfortunately Keppie's mistakes invariably happen at a critical time to either stop momentum or hand it over to the other team for the match to be lost.

Balderdash and pig's tit ... that is window licking nonsense ... any error any time can be made to fit some senario ...

Just coz you say it loudly and belligerently doesn’t make it so.

More people see spud keppie than god keppie.

Thanks again ... your insightful postings stand as an inspiration to all of us ... how silly we must look to you for thinking that a prop making 32 tackles in 40 mins was doing something good .... you won't believe that I also thought his just 2 missed tackles for a tackle efficiency of 94% .. was also excellent.

So glad to have such a good judge of a footballer as you schooling me and telling me how wrong I was ... the lords grace is boundless ..

Thanks again ... your insightful postings stand as an inspiration to all of us ... how silly we must look to you for thinking that a prop making 32 tackles in 40 mins was doing something good .... you won't believe that I also thought his just 2 missed tackles for a tackle efficiency of 94% .. was also excellent.

So glad to have such a good judge of a footballer as you schooling me and telling me how wrong I was ... the lords grace is boundless ..
Keppie was the least of our front row problems on Saturday night, and by some distance.

Ha. You are the one who hands down your opinion like Moses from the mountain.

Your attitude here causes far more consternation than mine.

Ha. You are the one who hands down your opinion like Moses from the mountain.

Your attitude here causes far more consternation than mine.

again, thank you for pointing out my faults ...

and I would like to humbly apologise to any Silvetails member whom I have caused consternation with my attitude ... unless of course you are a numbnut ... I enjoy giving numbnuts consternation.

BUT ... He Has the lowest error rate and penalties of the forward pack ... it is a simple matter of people seeing what they want to ... and the myth is born ..
I didn't say he was any better or worse than the others, just making a counter point to yours in regards to quantity of tackles etc

Don't drop the ball and make your share of tackles is pretty much every coach's mantra.

In regards to the lowest error rate and penalties conceded - stats are stats but what they don't show is the how, when, where, why.
Sports like tennis have stats in unforced errors, forced errors etc
Cricket has balls faced, balls left, balls middled etc
Soccer has how many passes, effective v ineffective, shots v shots on goal etc

I don't mind an error on the last trying to keep the play going or getting smashed in a tackle but a simple drop on tackle two before any contact isn't the same - except on the stat sheet.
Paseka coughed up a simple one too so he's not immune to this point either.

You could make 4 errors and concede 3 penalties and it wouldn't make a difference if we are winning by 30 and the stats would still go in the relevant columns.
I could make one simple error and concede a dumb penalty when the game is in the balance.

So looking at the raw data I effectively turned over less possession than you but does that make me any better?

As the old saying goes "Stats are like mini skirts, sure they look good and show you a lot but also hide the best bits"

@Woodsie Are you OK?

It seems the coaching staff also agree that Keppie has too many dumb errors at the most sensitive times.

Dropped against the Roosters this week

Although to be fair, he is better than Woods - but not in the eyes of the selectors.

@Woodsie Are you OK?

It seems the coaching staff also agree that Keppie has too many dumb errors at the most sensitive times.

Dropped against the Roosters this week

Although to be fair, he is better than Woods - but not in the eyes of the selectors.

I'm just fine and Dandy .... but unlike you ... I don't know why he's not playing ... might do the sensible thing and wait for more info before posting a childish brain fart ...

I'm just fine and Dandy .... but unlike you ... I don't know why he's not playing ... might do the sensible thing and wait for more info before posting a childish brain fart ...

Doesn’t seem like it. Stay positive and look after yourself.

BTW, blind Freddie can see why he is dropped. Just read this thread.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8