[Resurrected] Keppie re-signs 2026 ... Unleash Keppie NOW!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Just a note to all the wee darlings that cry "shock" "Horror" when Keppie gives away a penalty ...

This is what Robinson at Easts said about JHW being given 10 in the bin ..

Robbo praises 'down and dirty' Jared after Roosters send out Premiership warning with fiery win over Storm​

Trent Robinson has defended Jared Waerea-Hargreaves after his pack leader was sin-binned in a fiery, physical clash that saw the Roosters lay down a huge marker for the finals, defeating Melbourne 18-14.

“He got down and dirty and it cost him ten, but that’s what your lead prop does. He sets the tone for a game. Credit to him.”

ALL HAIL KEPPIE ... Unleash the beast ....

Just a note to all the wee darlings that cry "shock" "Horror" when Keppie gives away a penalty ...

This is what Robinson at Easts said about JHW being given 10 in the bin ..

Robbo praises 'down and dirty' Jared after Roosters send out Premiership warning with fiery win over Storm​

Trent Robinson has defended Jared Waerea-Hargreaves after his pack leader was sin-binned in a fiery, physical clash that saw the Roosters lay down a huge marker for the finals, defeating Melbourne 18-14.

“He got down and dirty and it cost him ten, but that’s what your lead prop does. He sets the tone for a game. Credit to him.”

ALL HAIL KEPPIE ... Unleash the beast ....
He seems to be the only one with any mongrel in him on the field. Geez, I'd like him to channel some of it to Paseka. I like very much that they're both not boof heads of the field, we just need to get them both firing on all cylinders on the field next year. Unleash indeed!

He seems to be the only one with any mongrel in him on the field. Geez, I'd like him to channel some of it to Paseka. I like very much that they're both not boof heads of the field, we just need to get them both firing on all cylinders on the field next year. Unleash indeed!

Mate .. if Keppie gives one penalty away the wee Jessie's on here scream .. "OH! the Horror ..get him off, should never play first grade again"

Mate .. if Keppie gives one penalty away the wee Jessie's on here scream .. "OH! the Horror ..get him off, should never play first grade again"

I don't follow the yelling closely, but aren't they yelling about stupid penalties, and not penalties / sinbins robbo is talking about?

I'm a keppie fan, btw.

ps: stop yelling!

Woodsie usually love your stuff but JWH is a class or two above Keppie.

Agree ...

But my point is ... Robinson knows the value of having a prop that takes no shiite ... and is willing to dish it out on behalf of his team mates if a pelican in the opposition wishes to go on with it ....

We, on the other hand, cry and lament if one of our props drops the ball or moves up to fast ....

Woodsie usually love your stuff but JWH is a class or two above Keppie.
Have to agree. I don't think anybody would care if Keppie gave away a penalty or two if he also had the kind of impact on a game that JWH does. And he just doesn't.

Keppie has shown patches of form over the last few years, putting on some big hits and making the occasional great run (usually with a dropped ball at the end of it), but he hasn't done it consistently. He's a bit like Paseka in that the promise is there, but the end product… not so much. He also has the terrifying tendency to knock himself out, which might have been okay for my namesake Ron Gibbs back in the good old days (before anybody cared about player wellbeing or subjected them to HIAs during matches) but isn't a particularly useful skill in the modern game.

Arko once said that Mal Reilly was the mongrel the Manly pack was missing.

We got Mal (and Lurch), we won 2 premierships ... in a row.

The current Manly pack needs another dash of mongrel.

Keppie has all the attributes to be an outstanding prop in the Brent Kite mould if he knuckles down. As Woodsie rightfully said, he can be super aggressive - if channeled properly could be devastating.

In full flight!

Attachments

• 20220829_165258.jpg
    20220829_165258.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 48
We all know that Jake Trbojevic is the leader of our pack. Take him out and as we have seen, our pack starts to play like 6 individuals.

Sorry to be a Trek nerd here, but our pack needs Borg mentality. No room for individuals. Work as a collective unit to achieve the goals.

The problem is that league's Mr. Nice Guy isn't the one to bring the mongrel. Personally I wish Paseka would do that. That big bugger could easily be the mongrel we need, but he needs to shed the gentle giant tag and get mean out there. Des should send him to have a talk with Les Boyd who was nice as pie off the field, but a dead set looney on it.

Or at least send him for a few one-on-one's at Spudd's Gym with the man himself. He'd set him straight.

Keppie reminds me of a younger Marty in that it seems like he has shelved the aggression compared to when he first played for us.... oh and that he doesn't mind making an error or missing a tackle! 😃

Keppie has all the attributes to be an outstanding prop in the Brent Kite mould if he knuckles down. As Woodsie rightfully said, he can be super aggressive - if channeled properly could be devastating.
It has to be Keppies' make or break year, I reckon. I noticed he was in that team that won the GF that young Keith Titmuss scored the winning try in. Mahoney and Brown were also in that team for Parra. It would be great if Keppie could develop his game to their level next year.

Not just the penalties Woodsie - more to do with the combination - penalties, errors, clocking off in defence... it is pretty much an all round fail for Keppie. He is a super one on one defender but he hardly ever bends the line, he makes a million errors, gives penalties away, yes he misses his assignments on the inside in defence........I was like you and had great hopes. My hoping has faded to despair. He just isn't a first grader... and is always injured to boot

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4