Kelma Tuilagi

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeah this signing is a real worry. He won’t even make our top 21 based on what I’ve seen so far.
He'll fit right in with our other earth shattering signings over the last few years. Saab, Bullemore, Davey, Harper.

If that's what we letting go of Davey for then God help us
yes agreed and I don't buy this nonsense of well who would have a dig at the Tigers because they are such a mess... if you lay down the tools and don't want to work hard and give your best effort every week no matter where you are... then what is to say in tough games here he wont also lay down the tools and not give the effort? Way way too many questions for me.

He’s shown glimpses of talent. Worth a go, Davey has been solid but he’s hardly a world beater and has reached his peak. Change of environment can do wonders.

People need to chill out, we’re not going to sign an established elite second rower with so much of our cap tied up with Turbo, Jurbo and DCE.

Damien2812

Reserve Grader​

Does anyone see any improvement in this team? You make the 8 one year and don't make the 8 the next year. It's becoming annoying that this team isn't consistent like the team from 2005 onwards.
He'll fit right in with our other earth shattering signings over the last few years. Saab, Bullemore, Davey, Harper.
Just finished reading the above in the “who stands up for us“ thread, then come over here and read Micks thread, and there’s your answer, to improve we actually need to add some quality to the squad, in years gone bye we always seemed to improve our squad with a few decent recruitments.
Our players cannot go for a full 80 minutes against the top sides so he will fit in well in our team of unfit players
And that’s the other big part for me, we need a few quality 80 min players to compete in the modern era, high energy types, we don’t really even have one.

If that's what we letting go of Davey for then God help us
Next season worries me. We've already promoted our best rookies (Olakau'atu, Koula, Schuster), and we are a 10th-14th placed team who hasn't beaten one top 8 team this year, or a top 4 team in 2.5 years.

OUTS: Walker (definitely), Foran (definitely), Davey (definitely), S. Fainu (definitely), Taupau (probably), Boyle (probably), Taufua (probably), M. Fainu (possibly)

INS: Tuilagi (definitely)

None of our coaching or fitness staff are turning over. We'll be relying on our reserve graders (last placed and can't win a game) to step up.

I just can't see where the improvement or actual quality depth is coming from?

Our best performances this year we're without Turbo and DCE in the team. And the players we are losing were probably the standouts in those.

We are in serious trouble. Just my opinion. Happy to be shown / proven otherwise with real strategic facts, rather than "hope", or "stop being negative", because they don't instill confidence.

Next season worries me. We've already promoted our best rookies (Olakau'atu, Koula, Schuster), and we are a 10th-14th placed team who hasn't beaten one top 8 team this year, or a top 4 team in 2.5 years.

OUTS: Walker (definitely), Foran (definitely), Davey (definitely), S. Fainu (definitely), Taupau (probably), Boyle (probably), Taufua (probably), M. Fainu (possibly)

INS: Tuilagi (definitely)

None of our coaching or fitness staff are turning over. We'll be relying on our reserve graders (last placed and can't win a game) to step up.

I just can't see where the improvement or actual quality depth is coming from?

Our best performances this year we're without Turbo and DCE in the team. And the players we are losing were probably the standouts in those.

We are in serious trouble. Just my opinion. Happy to be shown / proven otherwise with real strategic facts, rather than "hope", or "stop being negative", because they don't instill confidence.
Agree @Ryan Except that we don't rely on reserve grade. Maybe if we did there might be a lift in expectations of these lower grades. But that is another story of where we went two decades ago.

Agree @Ryan Except that we don't rely on reserve grade. Maybe if we did there might be a lift in expectations of these lower grades. But that is another story of where we went two decades ago.
Good point mate. I mean if you look at it position for position, it's not that bad, but again, we probably need exponential improvement (not little improvement) to compete, and again, no idea where that's coming from :

2022 - 2023
1. Tom Trbojevic - 1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Jason Saab - 2. Jason Saab
3. Morgan Harper - 3. Tolu Koula
4. Brad Parker - 4. Christian Tuipulotu
5. Reuben Garrick - 5. Reuben Garrick
6. Kieran Foran - 6. Josh Schuster
7. DCE - 7. DCE
8. Marty Taupau - 8. Josh Aloiai
9. Lachlan Croker - 9. Lachlan Croker
10. Taniela Paseka - 10. Taniela Paseka
11. H. Olakau'atu - 11. H. Olakau'atu
12. Josh Schuster - 12. Kelma Tuilagi
13. Jake Trbojevic - 13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Dylan Walker - 14. Karl Lawton
15. Sean Keppie - 15. Sean Keppie
16. Tof Sipley - 16. Tof Sipley
17. Andrew Davey - 17. Ben Trbojevic

Is that enough difference and improvement to get and move us from a middle to lower tier sub .500 team, to competing with the Panthers & Storm ?

I'm just not sure. Hey, maybe Tuitavake, Bullemor, Sykes, Roumanos, KDL, Fulton, Fifita, Weekes, Humphreys and Parker (our current depth players) will get us there, I'm just not feeling it - and I'm hoping someone can MAKE me feel it, with reasons why I'm wrong.

I watched Tuilagi closely in the Tuggers V Dogs match and I was impressed with his tackling. That was somewhat of a surprise to me because I thought he was predominately a ball-running second rower.
He did nothing in attack but much of that had to do with the players around him.
I'm starting to think that he and Guacca will make a good second row combination for us next season.

What is wrong with you people .. what happened to all the cheerleaders from .

#nowwehaveagoodcoach
#dessiewillgetthebestoutofhim
#indessiewetrust

Good point mate. I mean if you look at it position for position, it's not that bad, but again, we probably need exponential improvement (not little improvement) to compete, and again, no idea where that's coming from :

2022 - 2023
1. Tom Trbojevic - 1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Jason Saab - 2. Jason Saab
3. Morgan Harper - 3. Tolu Koula
4. Brad Parker - 4. Christian Tuipulotu
5. Reuben Garrick - 5. Reuben Garrick
6. Kieran Foran - 6. Josh Schuster
7. DCE - 7. DCE
8. Marty Taupau - 8. Josh Aloiai
9. Lachlan Croker - 9. Lachlan Croker
10. Taniela Paseka - 10. Taniela Paseka
11. H. Olakau'atu - 11. H. Olakau'atu
12. Josh Schuster - 12. Kelma Tuilagi
13. Jake Trbojevic - 13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Dylan Walker - 14. Karl Lawton
15. Sean Keppie - 15. Sean Keppie
16. Tof Sipley - 16. Tof Sipley
17. Andrew Davey - 17. Ben Trbojevic

Is that enough difference and improvement to get and move us from a middle to lower tier sub .500 team, to competing with the Panthers & Storm ?

I'm just not sure. Hey, maybe Tuitavake, Bullemor, Sykes, Roumanos, KDL, Fulton, Fifita, Weekes, Humphreys and Parker (our current depth players) will get us there, I'm just not feeling it - and I'm hoping someone can MAKE me feel it, with reasons why I'm wrong.

I agree with a lot of your concerns about how are we are going to compete with the Panthers and Storm. The answer is that we probably won't and cant. That's just the reality of it. The DCE contract will hamstring us and I would much rather we have run out with Foran and Walker in the halves for the same price. But that's not going to happen.

To win a premiership you need to get most things right in the salary cap and Manly have too much tied up in their top 3 players. You need to get the production out of those players that match the contract and we are not for a variety of reasons.

What I would push back on is I really don't think Manly is a 10-14 team....more in the 7-10 range right now. I'm not big on what ifs but we should have won both the eels and cowboys games and if so would be in 6th.

Either way it has us nowhere near competing with the Top two teams. But that's the reality we are stuck in with the salary cap situation. A lot on here seem to think Manly are entitled to be challenging each year for the premiership. But look at the Roosters who according to some have unlimited cash and resources to throw at players and they have the same number of wins as Manly this year.

TLDR - its really hard to win a premiership and our salary cap composition means we probably won't anytime soon.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6