Kapow best utilized....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You'd be able to see it on the field if that's the case. I haven't seen Marty once this year leave a ball player short or hanging. Maybe I'm short sighted.. I dunno but u can generally tell by the fluency of it all. The times It hasn't been so smooth, I can't say it was because of Taupau, as I can't remember if he was in the picture at the time.but when I have noticed I believe it's more down to the halves and their decision making.

Simple fact is I don't know either .... but enough fellow silvertails suspect that something is not quite right for it to be everybodies imagination ........ what concerns me most is you never see Marty talking to or interacting with the other players on the field very much ...

One thing ... you can never criticise his effort ... he gives it what he's got ....

Lets not pretend anyone thinks Marty directs plays - did someone tell you that?

Set plays tell the entire team where to be, as this is part of a structure that relates to more than the player getting the ball.
Others on here may have played a bit of Rugby league also and have an idea of the game.

As for U12's - they also have plays and structures that are practiced at training so yes they do start young.
Yes I understand that. I'm not saying I know more than anyone else. I think our points were perhaps misunderstood as I alluded to in my reply to woodsies post. My aplogies

The bloke does enough to earn more winning results if his mates can rally behind him and take advantage of his Powerful charges.
Kapow has morphed into a player who was once simply 20 minutes impact - into a 60 minute BIG player with higher workrate.
I often get caught between what he brings -
Less time on field where his massive metres, were also maximized by quicker play the balls and his defence packed more aggression and contact
in his defence for shorter periods OR....
what he brings atm, big runs and high workrate.
I always prefer him on the field, but with a more solid side, could use that extra punch where quality beats quantity to really swing a games momentum also.
Great post @maxta but you forgot one thing
The meme ... What a beast !!!
674288146-612x612.jpg

Yes I understand that. I'm not saying I know more than anyone else. I think our points were perhaps misunderstood as I alluded to in my reply to woodsies post. My aplogies
All good mate - think if we were all talking in person its far easier to communicate.
I'm pretty ordinary on this keyboard stuff and can tend to not explain myself that well at times, so its a 2 way street.
Apology accepted and back you SJ - have a good 1.

I thought all year our defensive issues were when Marty went off after about 30 minutes.

We need another quality prop in our rotation. Every decent team has 3 or 4 in their 17.

We have two of the best props in the game, it's a good place to start from.

As I said in another thread , our bench is ****ing useless ( mostly)!!

the pic in BOZO's post says a lot .... 8 vermin players and no Manly players in support .... API knew to follow him closely for the inevitable offload ... I hope we see them both fit and in our colours next season .... my only criticism (small), of Marty is that he is more and more running sideways and presenting an easier to tackle target ...

The answer is probably "in another team". Whether that's another Manly team or elsewhere, I don't know. But it's kinda ridiculous that he (and AFB) can post such good stats personally without lifting the team as a whole.
I think they do lift the team immensely!! We look great when they are on with the ball. Heaps of meters and off loads and we score plenty of points off the back of that.

Unfortunately we have too many lapses in concentration in defence and leak points too easily

I think marty became obsessed with metres and post contact metres as a result of the coach having a hard on for fancy stats. Often i think our post contact metres work against us due to the slow play the ball that ensues

I do think it martys obsssion has helped afbs game though as he looks to match his fancy pants partner in that area. Either way adin has been killing it.

I think they do lift the team immensely!! We look great when they are on with the ball. Heaps of meters and off loads and we score plenty of points off the back of that.

Unfortunately we have too many lapses in concentration in defence and leak points too easily
You're probably right, Simon. Both Marty and AFB certainly can't be accused of not putting in or doing their bit. Maybe the blokes around them are so ordinary they drag us back down a peg or two.

I think marty became obsessed with metres and post contact metres as a result of the coach having a hard on for fancy stats. Often i think our post contact metres work against us due to the slow play the ball that ensues

I do think it martys obsssion has helped afbs game though as he looks to match his fancy pants partner in that area. Either way adin has been killing it.
I think you are right that post contact metres can come at the expense of quick play the balls.
Watch the South’s player Murray tonight. He gets lightning fast play the balls and so much damage can be done off the back of it - either a back pedalling defensive line or a penalty is often the result.
Watmough was the same - he punched through a gap so well and always fought for the fast play the ball (which was helped by the fact it was so hard for defenders to put him on his back).

Further to my post above (and perhaps more on topic), i know that I am in the minority but I am a bit ho hum on Marty. I prefer my props to be not particularly flashy but honest and tough workhorses. In terms of Marty, I’d like to see more from him in defence in terms of impact.

We’ve had some awesome props over the years. Kite, Perry, King and Spud and Cement before them were really good at what they did but they were not flashy. More bash and less flash I say!

My favourite prop today is Matt Prior. The difference between his best and worst is not much. I read that one of the reasons Prior was selected this year in origin was because he took ownership of the defensive line moving up, which is obviously extremely important and something we lacked this year. And above all else, I am sure he represents great value for money!

Further to my post above (and perhaps more on topic), i know that I am in the minority but I am a bit ho hum on Marty. I prefer my props to be not particularly flashy but honest and tough workhorses. In terms of Marty, I’d like to see more from him in defence in terms of impact.
As a team, we had no desire (and even less technique) in defence this year. If we had the ball and everything was going our way, we looked okay, but as soon as were forced to defend, we were absolutely useless. Marty had his moments of poor defence (arm grabs, poor reads, drifting out wide and getting stood up by outside backs), but he certainly wasn't alone there.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8