Kane Elgey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Interesting how opinions swing so quickly. Croker was a choker last year. He played one good game but looked out of his depth during the other games before his injury. Now he may turn into something worthy but he's played a couple of games this year and done well and suddenly he's the Messiah. I'm yet to be convinced Elgey or Croker are the answer. Yes, Cust is young and inexperienced but he toughs it out and does his job. I don't think he's any less capable than the other two at this stage. Croker is only 22, Cust only 20 while Elgey is 25. In my opinion Elgey has the greater creativity of the three, but seems to lack the confidence and toughness. The other two are still young and may develop well, but at this stage all three are temps in my opinion

I agree about Cust ... however I think he is fundamentally a halfback who is going good at 5/8 ...but if we are correct ... he is the one most likely to draw an offer too good to refuse from another club .... not sure if he will hang about for 6 years on unders until DCE retires ..

I agree about Cust ... however I think he is fundamentally a halfback who is going good at 5/8 ...but if we are correct ... he is the one most likely to draw an offer too good to refuse from another club .... not sure if he will hang about for 6 years on unders until DCE retires ..

Hope we can keep him mate. I see him developing into a top shelf half, and a really good clubman with the right character.

I’m not even sure what I think of this idea myself tbh, and it probably won’t happen anyway, but when DCE and Tom are back fit, with Parker now out injured, is 1 Tom 3 Elliott 4 Suli 6 Walker an option ?

I suggest this with the memory in my mind that last season, in a pretty dismal year, our best period of the year coincided with Walker being available and playing there alongside DCE

No no no no no.

Turbo at fullback - hell yes,
Elliot and Suli as centres - Yes if Walker and Scorpio aren't available.
Walker to 5/8? No no no no no.

Walker is a centre, not a 5/8. He wouldn't have even been playing in the halves last year (or 2016) if Barrett had any idea what he was doing.

No probs Ryan. I’ve been watching him since he’s been a kid. Lovely guy and great skill set. Just can’t seem to grab a game by the scruff of the neck. I know it’s eleven games for us but he’s been in the NRL for four years. I hope I’m wrong too, he’s a good kid.
Good kid but a step below NRL, should probably make the most of his opportunities while he has them to score a decent contract in Super League.

Doubt Dessie will use him once he has a full squad to pick from, Dessie has already given enough hints in press conferences that he is not happy with his performances.

I was at North Sydney Oval two weeks to watch the BWSE vs Bears. LG was ineffective and showed little interest or effort. T-Rex showed more ticker and desire than him.
Based on what I saw, it’ll be a long long time before he plays NRL for our beloved Eagles again.

I was at North Sydney Oval two weeks to watch the BWSE vs Bears. LG was ineffective and showed little interest or effort. T-Rex showed more ticker and desire than him.
Based on what I saw, it’ll be a long long time before he plays NRL for our beloved Eagles again.
Has to be persuaded to go to UK. Won’t be playing NRL. Eating up cap space now.
BTW - does anyone remember Trent Hodkinson? Another great Barrett signing.

Has to be persuaded to go to UK. Won’t be playing NRL. Eating up cap space now.
BTW - does anyone remember Trent Hodkinson? Another great Barrett signing.

Mate, Hodko could have been more useful last year if Barrett knew what he was doing.

After letting Green go, the Hastings saga, and Croker's injury, we needed a 5/8. So to that end we managed to get Hodko who was conveniently let go by the Sharks. However, instead of playing him at 5/8 he mostly put Walker back there and played Hodko from the bench as the backup hooker.

Seriously, I don't want to turn this into a Barrett Bash, but given when we know he tendered his resignation you could almost swear blind that he sabotaged us with his selections in the back half of next year. And you'd almost believe it if you didn't know of his other.....shall we say bizarre team and squad selections since 2016.

Kane potentially looking at retirement according to The Telegraph

GLITTER FADES FOR ELGEY

KANE Elgey was once one of the NRL’s hottest young playmakers. But it seems at just 25 the Manly half will quit the game at season’s end.

Elgey hasn’t been able to replicate his debut season when he starred as a 21-year-old at the Titans.

He ruptured an ACL the next year but still signed a rich three-year extension with the club. When that deal ended last year, he signed a two-year contract with Manly.

After playing in 11 of the first 12 games, he has languished in Canterbury Cup and is considering retirement.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8