Kane Elgey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He had some good touches for us early in the year. I guess its easy for us to take for granted the mental and physical demands of NRL but its not for everyone, that's for sure. If he does leave Manly or stop playing altogether I wish him well anyway.

If nothing else Elgey did play decent against Sharks and Dogs, but truth be known his main Power point early on in his career was his zip and ability to be very dangerous running the ball....after a few bad injuries, this was taken away and he then resorted to these long loopy harbour bridge passes that were flat at best and became transparent for opposition defences (apart from the Dogs).
There is a really important factor he did bring....
The 5/8 spot was initially his to lose and this lifted both Cust and Croker to feel confident they could jump his position and play very competitively and also eventually led the the return of a rejuvinated Walker who has added much spark in his 2nd shot in the halves.
Good luck in the future, tried hard enough, just didn't work out.

He’s an avid surfer. Not too many breaks at Blacktown Beach (unless you count break and enters).
I’d say he’ll be back at Currumbin Alley soon enough. If he does still want to play a bit of footy, he could sign up with Brent Kites Tweed Raiders for next year. Micheal Gordon has signed on to play after his NRL career finishes this year.

Elgey . What is wrong ?

Is it that he does not suit our style of play

or is it

He has lost his mojo and desire to go all the way ?

Elgey is left with a choice

It is to rebuild or retire

Over to you Elgey

decision-person-at-crossroads-100159810-primary.idge.jpg

Can play and seems like a really good young bloke. Probably not a lot of coin in it but if the dinosaurs at the NRL could help entice players like him to play in the bush, and I mean the bush not some coastal resort then it would be a draw card to help the game out there.
But as I said...

A reconstructed ACL shouldn’t be affecting him this much especially years later after the surgery. It sounds like mentally he doesn’t want to go on & fight for a spot in the top 17. He had it all to play for after the move to Manly & getting the 1st bite at the 5/8 position but he hasn’t made it happen. Probably just too similar game style to Cherry & couldn’t complement him. All the best if Elgey does call it quits.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8