Kane Elgey -->Manly√

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Croker offered nothing in attack. I'd rather Elgey. But only if he sorts out his defense, otherwise he's going to be playing for Blacktown.

Using Croker as an example was showing how poorly I rate Elgey.
Elgey is only competing with Maloney for the worst defending half in the league. I would vote for him.
Did any of you guys watch the Tits/Riff game today? He was pathetic in both attack and defence.

Has a nice pass though.

Also heard there is a remote chance that we will make a deal with the dogs for Hoppa as a centre (big back end contract). Question I ask is how do we pay ?

Further to my previous post, we have made an offer on the English 5/8 as well? I'm confused. What does the club know we don't?

Anyway great win tonight! No wooden spoon now!

Always enjoy reading your 'inside info'

Maybe you can't say but did you get any on Kane (and were told not to post) 'cause you usually hear these things first? (Or did I just miss your post on it?)

Anyway, I don't mind the signing. A few years ago some people here wanted everything possible offered to him to sign with us.

Can't see why all the doom and gloom merchants are out about this one

He won't be breaking the bank, is certainly not a step backwards on what we currently have in the squad, and most importantly adds to our depth which is very lacking at the moment

I'd still be going with Walker as first choice in the 6, but if he or DCE go down I'd be more confident with Elgey coming in and doing a job

As is standard, the usual "but the Titans didn't want him so he must be ****" brigade will be out, he could just add himself to a long line involving Robertson, Bryant, Hall, Galuvao, Ballin, Lane, Tanginoa etc, the list could go on but you get my point

I think he will start for us ,we will again have two seperate quality attacking sides to the team (We have missed this since Foran).
2 halves with good kicking games and 2 halves with great passing and line running, putting Tom & the edge backrowers through .
He is still a better defender than Green and still has time to improve and build more confidence in his game (stick him between a couple of good tacklers)
Walker has been doing a decent job filling in these last two games ,but he is wasted not running in the centres.He has been doing a good job kicking recently too and next year we could have three or four possible kickers ,which could cause problems for opposition.
This is all positive moves for starting next year for me.
Starting a Season with two halves ,wow.

Last edited:
A quote from Ryan James ,

"It would be handy if we could keep him but if there was a club who wants to pick him up, he'll be outstanding for them.

"He has one of the best kicking games going around. The way he reads a game and leads a team around makes him one of the best young talents I've seen."

James played on the left edge beside Elgey in his outstanding debut season in 2015, after he was the Holden Cup player of the year in 2014.

"I want him here, but you can't have everything," said James. "He's a quality player and maybe a change of scenery might be good for him.

"He's definitely an NRL player and I wouldn't like to see him go overseas yet.

"He can defend. He puts his body in front of them. Halfback is a hard place to defend when you have much bigger men running at you and you're not working from the inside to help a smaller defender."

What does this mean for Tom Wright, Hodgko, Metcalfe, Cust, Croker, etc?

Personally I think we are at risk of being too slow in Tom Wrights development, and fear we may lose him. I would hate to see him kick on well at another club.
Although I could see Baz giving Tom a centre spot next year, and punting Kelly, and that would be equally disappointing.

Hodko MUST be paid out and released for 2019 to free up a top 30 spot
How does that work? If he is paid out he still takes up a spot in our 30 for next year, same as Myles did this year.
He will still be a handy experienced back-up next year, though hopefully not relied on for our top 17.

We need a couple of decent prop/backrower signings. Lane, Perrett, Brown going. I don't see the need to sign LG unless one of Hodk, Cust,Tom W ,Croker are going.

Seriously, just change our name and colours to the Titans - perennial losers and we get our players, assistant coaches and strength and conditioning coaches from them.

I just don’t get it.
We did also get Kelly from the Tits...

We need a couple of decent prop/backrower signings. Lane, Perrett, Brown going. I don't see the need to sign LG unless one of Hodk, Cust,Tom W ,Croker are going.
Manly Warringah Sea Eagles are pleased to announce the signing of exciting young half Lachlan Croker for 2018 on a one-year-deal.

Last edited:
You are right though ,we need to find some money for a hard line running,skilled, attacking 2nd rower.Cant rely on paper machete Sirro..

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8