Kane Elgey -->Manly√

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
DCE is an excellent defender, probably one of the best defending halves in the comp. Just look at the number of tackles he makes each week compared to others, including the big names. Yes he could teach Elgey a thing or two about defence.

As for the issue regarding Croker, Cust, Tom W. and Hodko? Croker wont be with us next year, Cust is not in the 30 and is still only 19 so will probably be Blacktown half with Metcalfe next year. Hodko has a year left and will be back up. Only question is Tom W. He has a year left on his contract and must make a position his next year or he'll struggle to remain at Manly. No way Kelly or Walker will go. They will be our centre partnership for a few years to come. And Suli? He'll be with us for a couple of years at least. He's only 19. I see Anderson on the wing some time next year. I see Parker moving to the forwards.

The thing with Elgey is that he is only on a 2 year contract. He'll be in the 30 but if he doesn't perform he'll be in the Reggies for much of that time. My fear is not for Kelly or Elgey. Kelly here to stay. Its Tom W. If he doesn't get some consistent mongrel into that talented body of his he may find himself with another club. Tonnes of potential, but needs to assert himself, take control.

Probable backline next year with back ups in brackets

Tom. T (Anderson).
Tuafua (Anderson, T.Wright)
Walker (Suli, Funa, T. Wright)
Kelly (Suli, Funa, T. Wright)
Suli ( Anderson, T. Wright)
Elgey (T. Wright, Hodko)
DCE (Hodko, Elgey...maybe Cust or Metcalfe)
That’s not a bad list for next season , happy with that.

No doubt means that Croker will not be retained now and with Jono Wright also retiring , signing Elgey is worth a shot , Also Croker and Jono "s cap allocation can supplement the existing contracts of back line players such as Suli and Funa and Anderson . who can definitely represent some really promising careers ahead for Manly [ Suli in particular of course ] Unless Elgey can go to another more consistent level , still can not see him offering an improvement on the D C E and Walker half "s combo . , he will get his opportunity but again i rate him more of an above average depth signing . Think that his best position is as a 7 and he certainly will not be displacing D C E .. Also a further indication that Barrett sees Tom Wright: more suited as an outside back , i reckon that he could go O K as winger [ suli as a centre but time will tell ]

Walker is a great line breaker and speedster, not a ball player. He's ideal in the centre and forms a great combination with Kelly. Elgey doesn't have Walkers attacking brilliance, but he's a better attacker than Green and he is a fine ball player (knows how to set up his backs). Walker serves us best in the centres. That's what Manly have been missing this year. A ball player and speed in the three quarters. I see only one wing spot still open with DCE, Elgey, Taufua, Walker, Kelly and Tom T filling the other positions. Suli will probably get first shot, but I'd like to see Anderson given a go. Tom W. will need to grab his chances big time when one of these backline positions becomes available through injuries or poor form (though Barrett seems loathe to drop established players even when they are playing badly)

Always enjoy reading your 'inside info'

Maybe you can't say but did you get any on Kane (and were told not to post) 'cause you usually hear these things first? (Or did I just miss your post on it?)

Anyway, I don't mind the signing. A few years ago some people here wanted everything possible offered to him to sign with us.

Was told about it was most likely, but was given a gag order because if I said anything they would know where it came from. Out of respect for the source I let this one go through to the keeper.

Personally I think this strengthens the side as Walker can go back to centres.

I dont have a problem kid can attack put him next to thommo.
Heard few rumours on hoppa returning any info or just that rumours. Kelly a priority yeah defence still suspect but a very good attacking player

Just looking at that YouTube item, he has what we have been missing big time this year relying entirely on DCE to make the plays, and that is a great selective and at times long passing game and a great kicking game...as well as the goal kicking. He could turn our backline woes around next year if he still has those skills working well for him. Maybe he can serve as a stall for Tom Wright, and allow him to develop his game as apprentice...just dreaming there really.

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
05. Will Hopoate
06. Kane Elgey
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Addin Fonua-Blake
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Manase Fainu
15. Kelepi Tanginoa
16. Taniela Paseka
17. Moses Suli

Hmmmm...backline actually looks pretty good too. Hoppa defends like a weapon.

Last edited:
01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
05. Will Hopoate
06. Kane Elgey
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Addin Fonua-Blake
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Manase Fainu
15. Kelepi Tanginoa
16. Taniela Paseka
17. Moses Suli

Hmmmm...backline actually looks pretty good too. Joppa defends like a weapon.
God damn about time, I've been waiting for a YART

You are right though ,we need to find some money for a hard line running,skilled, attacking 2nd rower.Cant rely on paper machete Sirro..

Sirro is a good player but I feel it’s almost not worth 400k out of the cap, how much footy has he played over the last 5 years? Always injured, have we signed him for next year?

Looks like he has a great passing and kicking game, also an advantage that he is a left footer which will go well with dce and his right boot. Goal kicker. But his defence is very poor. Fingers crossed.

Unsure , but I’d agree , much as we are better with him he’s played what in two years , 10 games ? If not 10 not that many more.

Its usually just bad luck when a player gets injured\. Just because Sirro has had a couple of bad injuries doesn't automatically mean he will be seriously injured again. Look at Walker this year. Doesn't work like that. The only problem will be if those injuries will cause permanent debilitation. Some like Matai's and Snake's injuries will cause ongoing problems. Some will have minimal ongoing effect. Its a tough game and most players will suffer serious injuries during their career (Menzies was a rare one who didn't seem to get injured seriously throughout his career). Sometimes those injuries will happen spaced out, sometimes in a batch. And most footballers are tough bastards who fight tooth and nail to get back on the field. If Sirro comes back to play, chances are after half a dozen games or so he'll be back to his best, if the injury has been properly healed.

Its usually just bad luck when a player gets injured\. Just because Sirro has had a couple of bad injuries doesn't automatically mean he will be seriously injured again. Look at Walker this year. Doesn't work like that. The only problem will be if those injuries will cause permanent debilitation. Some like Matai's and Snake's injuries will cause ongoing problems. Some will have minimal ongoing effect. Its a tough game and most players will suffer serious injuries during their career (Menzies was a rare one who didn't seem to get injured seriously throughout his career). Sometimes those injuries will happen spaced out, sometimes in a batch. And most footballers are tough bastards who fight tooth and nail to get back on the field. If Sirro comes back to play, chances are after half a dozen games or so he'll be back to his best, if the injury has been properly healed.
I actually think Tanginoa has come back better than before the ACL. Weird.

There’s no doubting his talent nor desire.

But I just hope if we punt a large portion of Cap on him that he actually gets on the field more regularly.

On Elgey, he's a lot more direct and flamboyant than DCE. Exactly the foil DCE needs imo. I'm thinking a Foran (without Foz defense).

Other benefits of Elgey:

1. Played with Kelly through juniors, and the two lit it up (will play his side);
2. Adds some X-Factor to our team;
3. Strengthens our centres;
4. Leaves just 1 hole on the wing to fill
5. Adds speed to the backline (he's quick)

I'm super pumped for this signing. Under rated. Had some bad injury luck. Is a kid (look at Kelly's improvement in defense).

He is an attacking half so at least our exciting backs will get more ball. He takes the line on and likes to throw the ball to the centres. Honesty walker, tom and kelly are so underused in our current set up. They will carve sides up with bettet early ball. He cant defend but im ok with that as we need a positive half to help dce and structure the side better
Green was a **** defender but his attacking skills made up for it

Not the worst signing but lot getting excited about it either. Given our position in both cap and general club running we have to take what we can get.

Maybe a change of club and surroundings can bring out that potential. Also think that when he came through too much was expected of him. Being next to one of the games best halves might teach him a thing or two.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8