Kane Elgey -->Manly√

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I just woke up!

Did you know Sir Sandford Fleming, a Canadian, invented time zones,,,!

Anyway, nice arrow :)

:darts::darts:

I remember when we had no halves, people on here were all like "throw everything at Elgey!"

Time for breakfast.

...??? ... can you please tell me the process for "inventing" a time zone .....

Jai Arrow is my current non manly player crush, he’s a tough workhorse who sets himself a high standard and would be a great bloke to play alongside. He will take a team to a premiership. If manly signed him we would actually be a good team next season, especially because of his minutes and that he would push someone to the bench who probably belongs there anyway.

Cook is dynamic - far from an average player.
If NSW had Elgey at hooker Qld win 3-0.....then again Elgey is on the bench in reserve grade so won’t be in SOO any time soon.
I think the point @Cliffymagic was making was that 3 clubs overlooked cook first thinking he was average. Once upon a time people thought elgey was a good player. For the right price he could certainly be a good player again. Look at Sirro he was bagged from pillar to post. I think sometimes people expect too much too young from players. Cook is 27. Elgey is 24. At 24 cook was an absolute nobody not even getting a run in first grade.

.... I hesitate to correct you Happily .... but you have described the prerequisites for forwards ... in the halfs a modicum of nose breathing and the ability to count to six are distinct advantages .....

PSS ... of course they don't have to be as bright as winger/fullbacks .... but then few are ...
So a 6 fingered ball player is all we need :D

I think the point @Cliffymagic was making was that 3 clubs overlooked cook first thinking he was average. Once upon a time people thought elgey was a good player. For the right price he could certainly be a good player again. Look at Sirro he was bagged from pillar to post. I think sometimes people expect too much too young from players. Cook is 27. Elgey is 24. At 24 cook was an absolute nobody not even getting a run in first grade.
In fairness when looking back to Elgey first coming in looked like a real goer with some spark, potentially a fair enough call....suppose it was a smart play by Rabbits knowing off the back of the Burgess boys who are back to the form of the 2014 GF win, Cook could utilise his explosive speed and true, his confidence has lifted along with his form.

If it is true that we are chasing Elgey, it confirms that the coach has no confidence in Tom Wright as a solution. Our problems are far greater than signing a five-eighth, it would be nice if we could have some defenders to help out Jake and some wingers who can take a bomb and make better decisions when defending!!

If thus is true it just shows Barrett has no idea.
Elegy is a midget who cannot tackle now and never will.

All Tom Wright needs is some coaching to improve his defensive capabilities as he is a large unit.

There liesv the problem - COACHING. Seems Trent is not so good at coaching young guys.

Jai Arrow is my current non manly player crush, he’s a tough workhorse who sets himself a high standard and would be a great bloke to play alongside. He will take a team to a premiership. If manly signed him we would actually be a good team next season, especially because of his minutes and that he would push someone to the bench who probably belongs there anyway.

I'd be happy with any footballer who has made it into first grade because of his ability rather than his size.

Can "t see any value at all in signing someone like Elegy , Hodko will still be here next season for depth and as things are now , would consider giving the 6 to either Walker , Tom Wright or Kelly and as good an option as any to partner D C E .

Think that he is just into his first season at the Titans and can only assume that he is contracted for at least two seasons . Seems to have some really good and resilient qualities , and when next off contract will no doubt be in demand and if the circumstances permitted , i am sure that Manly would at least give him some consideration .

Funny what a few years in a **** team can do to a players rep..

Remember only a few years ago when foran left and elegy was a potential replacement, everyone wanted It to happen... I'm not against the kid, I think a new team could do him wonders.. Take him over mr glass croker any day of the week

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
9 4 5 -16 8