Kaeo Weekes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Should be noted the first 'Messiah', Albert Hopoate, is now a regular first grader and consistently has one of the best yard making efforts (average 158 mtrs) per game in Canberra, as well as a total of 61 tackle breaks. Played every game in 2023 until injured very late in the season. And Canberra made the semis He's doing very well thank you. As for Weekes, I'm friendly with a young Canberra supporter who says the Raider's supporters he knows are very excited by Weekes coming to their team. Cant understand why Manly let him go, but very pleased they did.

Had an excellent game.

I'm still not sure why we didn't have a game plan to rush him all night. The one time we took his time away, he threw a wild pass.

Actually, I am sure....we don't do defence, we like attacking "weapons" only.

Was the highlight of the night seeing him play well.

I always thought he had a touch of class.

Actually I like Raiders side, so many young talented players and some real tough forwards.

Another kid we let go too early for the quick fix solution. When will they learn?

Spoonbold looking for quick fix for short small wins.
We gave him a run when the side was playing like busted asses, the entire team was sheat.
We’ll regret it for week's to come.

Another kid we let go too early for the quick fix solution. When will they learn?
Spoonbold looking for quick fix for short small wins.
We gave him a run when the side was playing like busted asses, the entire team was sheat.
We’ll regret it for week's to come.

How many years do you think a club should keep a player until they 'come good'?

Kaeo was in our first-grade squad for three years under 2 different coaches, and played 12 NRL games in that time (most of those under Siebold). When he got those opportunities, he didn't do too much of note, so when it was contract time Manly decided to look elsewhere for the same money. That's just part of professional sport, it didn't work out here, we move on.

Kaeo played well today given the opportunity, but it was one game... It will be interesting to see if he keeps his spot at Canberra long term as next year they'll also have Jamal Fogarty, Ethan Strange and have just signed Ethan Sanders, all of whom play either 6 or 7.

Kaeo was in our first-grade squad for three years under 2 different coaches, and played 12 NRL games in that time (most of those under Siebold). When he got those opportunities, he didn't do too much of note, so when it was contract time Manly decided to look elsewhere for the same money. That's just part of professional sport, it didn't work out here, we move on.

Kaeo played well today given the opportunity, but it was one game... It will be interesting to see if he keeps his spot at Canberra long term as next year they'll also have Jamal Fogarty, Ethan Strange and have just signed Ethan Sanders, all of whom play either 6 or 7.

Rather Scorpio ask yourself how successful Manly has been in the past decade letting those players go. I wonder how successful Manly would have been if they had retained some of those kids they spent a lot of time preparing for their big chance and then showing them the door after a handful of games. Schuster I understand. He had several years of opportunity and though I think he will come good eventually, it was obvious that he wasn't in the right frame of mind to continue. Manly acted appropriately. But in answer to your question, several others who had played only a hand full of first grade appearances for Manly, or even none at all, despite obvious talent, were shown the door and several have succeeded elsewhere.. Knee jerk reactions in my opinion. Looking for the quick fix. Showing no patience. The Storm would never have done that. I know I harp on this issue, but to me its been ongoing since 2015. Before that, as far back as I can recall (that's back to the 60's) Manly held onto their young potential stars. Let them develop at their own pace.

Well it’s only taken Canberra 10 weeks to get the best out off him. If he plays well then he will retain his spot.
Tonight I feel he stood up and keep in mind he’s still young but confidence is everything and he’ll get plenty from tonight.

Maybe we should be looking at
why a promising young player who spent 3 years in our system could play so well in a new system within a couple of months

Maybe he was playing with a point to prove, maybe not being moved between fullback, 5/8, bench hooker and reserve grade helped him? He’s only 22 and has a long career ahead of him, but if you read on here you would think we were heroes for letting him go. No long term thinking around these parts

Maybe we should be looking at
why a promising young player who spent 3 years in our system could play so well in a new system within a couple of months

Maybe he was playing with a point to prove, maybe not being moved between fullback, 5/8, bench hooker and reserve grade helped him? He’s only 22 and has a long career ahead of him, but if you read on here you would think we were heroes for letting him go. No long term thinking around these parts
He played ok tonight,still poor in defence,but he was ordinary last week.Maybe he had a chip on his shoulder and wanted to prove a point,but that inspiration isn’t there week in week out.The Raiders have Strange at 5/8,Fogarty to come back later in the year,plenty of decent outside backs and they just bought Sanders from the Eels.It would seem the Raiders are not totally convinced on Weekes either

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10