Juniors Discussion Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Quite a few to drop back from extended FG squad. One or both of Johns/Weekes will change the backline significantly. Tui has also been named on the extended bench and if omitted will also drop back to ressies.

Zac Fulton named in the centres for blacktown, seems like an interesting choice.
Think he had a stint at dummy half in one of our trials, looks like we're trying to skill him up as a full-on utility player, which is a very valuable commodity if you can be competent in several spots. He has attitude and work ethic so that's a pretty good start. Maybe a slightly more aggro Jamie Buhrer in the making?

I always try to watch the Flegg highlights. While it is very much a highlights package of tries scored you can get a bit of a hindsight of those players who stand out consistently. For the Eagles the number 8 Uesele (scored 2 tries on the weekend) consistently stands out. I note that he has also been promoted to the Blacktown team a couple of times. In addition Fainu showed a few glimpses, as did Gordy but overall they were beaten by the first placed Roosters team.

Now the Roosters team looked very good. They appeared bigger and more athletic and one of their centres Henare-Schuster looked dynamite.

I always try to watch the Flegg highlights. While it is very much a highlights package of tries scored you can get a bit of a hindsight of those players who stand out consistently. For the Eagles the number 8 Uesele (scored 2 tries on the weekend) consistently stands out. I note that he has also been promoted to the Blacktown team a couple of times. In addition Fainu showed a few glimpses, as did Gordy but overall they were beaten by the first placed Roosters team.

Now the Roosters team looked very good. They appeared bigger and more athletic and one of their centres Henare-Schuster looked dynamite.
Any relation?

Speaking of relations. I see Zane Dunford is named 18 man this week for ressies. That's before the top 30 drop back so he certainly won't play this week. But probably suggests his debut in the twos is getting closer.

Is that the same son that backflipped on the Raiders this year? How's he been travelling?

Congrats to young Viliami Kuli selected on the wing for Flegg.
Only started playing league less than 2 years ago in NZ.
Came to Oz and has worked his way up through Penrith Brothers SS and RMC sides and now gets a chance with our flegg side.
Mainly a centre,hope he is another smokey like Vaega.

Article in DT today about "Battle of the Birds". Relates to Beau Alexander (Brandy's son). He is currently in our development team. No surprise the other Bird is the Roosters. Wonder who he will choose?

Sport Confidential: Manly and Roosters chasing Beau Alexander​

The tug of war for the son of Greg Alexander is heating up, as rival clubs battle to add youth to their playmaking ranks — read all the details in SPORT CONFIDENTIAL.

Manly and the Roosters are locked in a tug of war to land former Penrith superstar Greg Alexander’s son Beau.
The head-gear wearing halfback dominated as part of Manly’s under-16 development side this year. He plays for Narraweena in the local Manly competition.

His form has attracted attention from Manly and the Roosters with the clubs moving to lock down Alexander to a multi-year deal.

Beau and his agent Braith Anasta were spotted at Roosters headquarters recently.

The Roosters already have an Alexander in their ranks after signing Beau’s older brother Braith to a 12-month contract this year. Braith has played halfback and hooker in the Roosters’ Jersey Flegg side.

He previously played in Penrith’s Harold Matthews and SG Ball teams and played alongside Penrith first graders Sunia Turuva and Izack Tago last year.

The Roosters also have Brad Fittler’s son Zach contracted.

Brad Fittler and Greg Alexander combined for Penrith’s 1991 grand final victory and head up the Blues’ brains trust.

Flegg win 36-16. Fainu 2 tries, Humphreys a swag of goals. Josh Feledy scored for Tigers. I think he is in year 2 of his 3 year contract. I wonder how his game is going and will he make the big time?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4