Juniors Discussion Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fulltime 46-14
72197E9A-20BB-40FA-A280-E39FED5DF2A3.jpeg

There is an article Top 50 Schoolboys headign into the ASSRL championships. Unfortunately Manly only have 2 (see below) but what is interesting is that teh West Tigers have a heap and a few half+5/8's.
View attachment 24286

View attachment 24287
Not suprised. Mestrov made the decision to "prioritise northern beaches local juniors" who are simply not good enough. Northern beaches kids are simply softer than the kids from out west. (the truth hurts)

Scott fulton was the one who was scouting good young talent and recruiting them over to manly. Then, Mestrov decided to sack fulton for "neglecting local juniors" who are simply not good enough.

Now fulton is recruiting for tigers and as you can see from the list you mentioned, many of the top 50 school boys are tigers players.

Not suprised. Mestrov made the decision to "prioritise northern beaches local juniors" who are simply not good enough. Northern beaches kids are simply softer than the kids from out west. (the truth hurts)

Scott fulton was the one who was scouting good young talent and recruiting them over to manly. Then, Mestrov decided to sack fulton for "neglecting local juniors" who are simply not good enough.

Now fulton is recruiting for tigers and as you can see from the list you mentioned, many of the top 50 school boys are tigers players.
I think we had a grand total of zero in the 50 last year,so not sure how it is truly relevant.....
I may be wrong.....
I don't think Fulton recruited any of the Tigers kids in the top 50?
He hasn't been there long enough,it is just their junior nursery and the rugby league schools there.

We still recruited this year from Western Sydney,we just expanded our search further afield as well
We brought kids in from NZ,Qld,Country NSW,rugby etc...
Yes,they are looking more at local kids,who by the way the U16 Dev side beat the Eels pretty handily.

We still recruited this year from Western Sydney,we just expanded our search further afield as well
We brought kids in from NZ,Qld,Country NSW,rugby etc...
Yes,they are looking more at local kids,who by the way the U16 Dev side beat the Eels pretty handily.
The coach who brought down the kids from Scone were very average. The two junior teams looked pretty bad in what I saw and read.

The coach who brought down the kids from Scone were very average. The two junior teams looked pretty bad in what I saw and read.
The Ball and Matthews sides did not have great years Daz no doubts.
However there are a number of that Ball side like Hopoate,Stoltman,Bunting,Mihinui,Hayley,Konz who are all up in our current flegg side who are on a roll at the moment and there are some other talents like Douglas,Bagon,Taotua and Mapusua coming through.(Not sure about Brett's ability as a coach,rode the coat tails of some solid kids)
The Matthews side has some talent,particularly in the outside backs and middles and to a lesser extent the edges.
Their main problem was having no one able to step up at 6/7 and 9 in my view.
If you get some talent coming through it is not so bad if they don't kick arse every year
There are some real talents hopefully coming through to the Matthews next year from our local boys like McKee,Rylands,Alexander(maybe),Kalms,Elkins,Oldfield etc...

Hi Adz, thanks for the update. I think we have been lucky to have such good junior teams recently so to have such a poor season was a shock. Hope to see these kids head through and make the top team one day.

I watched this match. Melbourne looked more like a representative team from Polynesia so stocked were they with Pacifika players. I just wonder how the Melbourne scouts operate. Are these kids from the Pacific, from Queensland or from Melbourne.
Anyway, many of them were impressive.
Our blokes were pretty good too, especially Humpreys who played hooker and scored a barnstorming try. Fainu didn't get involved much. Not sure if he has already checked out of Manly.
The lad that caught my eye was No. 16. A big kid who was very strong. Anybody know anything about him?

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8