[Resurrected] Josh Schuster

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeah he has injured his wrist. It looked minor at first but further scans have revealed a more serious injury that requires surgery and we will not see him playing Flegg this year.
Bad news. Presume he was an Origin casualty. So we have to hope he actually signs with Manly.

I'd have to disagree with that one and perhaps because we didn't see much of Wally until the end of his career we didn't fully appreciate his gifts. Wally could dominate a game, just take it by the throat and turn it on its head. I remember watching some of the test matches and he just stood out like a beacon. He may not have been as fast as Kenny or slick on his feet, but he was like a fast forward in the backline and just made things happen. Kenny was better suited as a centre. He was more the individualist. To me Wally was the only player Cliffy seemed to have problems overcoming, and Cliffy I think was better than Kenny overall in effectiveness as a 5/8, also not as fast or slick, but he could turn a game with that extraordinary deceptiveness. Wally was plain brutal, Kenny fast and Cliffy the play maker.

I saw plenty of wally when he was younger playing in the Bris comp ... I remember a game for the kangaroos when Wally played lock and Brett Kenny played 5/8 ... what a lethal combo

@:D

Not much you can do on these ones as it is a case of paying for potential - some clubs, dependent on their cap / roster, are in a place to offer money and opportunities which others can not.

As an example of we were resign most of our players mentioned where does he fit in our first 17? And lets be realistic that any kid is somewhat of a gamble

Tigers all over him, his junior coach is over there and they are chasing him hard.
I have heard from a good source he knocked back their offer and will be given a development contract at Manly.
Lambkin is the coach at Westfield’s sports high and tigers under 20s. He tried to lure Sione Fainu over as well but I think he is staying at Manly as well. Lambkin was in Maguire’s ear about Manase earlier this ear too.

1. Josh is contracted for next season but SG Ball finishes in May, which means he is fair game for other clubs to enquire.
2. He is about to step up and have a run in Jersey Flegg. We have to be careful with the young guys; they've been playing since October and it is important they don't burn out.
3. There is interest from other clubs but that's not a surprise; he comes with huge raps. He will take some keeping. Yes, he wants to stay at Manly with his mates (he also rates Hasler, who gives his time at training sessions and takes an active interest in our junior programs). The SG Ball side are a great crop of talent and a very close knit group. However, when clubs are knocking and waving big money, it is not an easy decision. There is external pressure from managers, family, friends and coaches...everyone in your ear telling you what you should do.
4. Josh is a fantastic person with a great attitude; that's why he was Captain of the team...he is professional and has the drive to match the talent. Outside of injuries, he is the shortest odds to play FG of any junior playing rugby league in 2019.

as per above Schuster contracted for part of next year- so hopefully that give us leverage to retain him beyond that. I did hear Tigers were keen and have tabled a pretty good offer. Cutting Peter from Blacktown probably didn't help our cause, would have been good for him to have some family around the place

Rumours are flying around that this kid is being courted by numerous clubs and one of our Slvertailers has suggested the Tigers are seriously in the hunt. Has this kid signed with Manly. I understand Des has been helping this kid out so he's obviously in Dessie's plans. Understand he is presently injured. I would be signing him up asap and not letting another top junior leave the camp. Any thoughts?

Rumours are flying around that this kid is being courted by numerous clubs and one of our Slvertailers has suggested the Tigers are seriously in the hunt. Has this kid signed with Manly. I understand Des has been helping this kid out so he's obviously in Dessie's plans. Understand he is presently injured. I would be signing him up asap and not letting another top junior leave the camp. Any thoughts?
Someone on telly said he'd heard he might be going to the Tigers.

as per above Schuster contracted for part of next year- so hopefully that give us leverage to retain him beyond that. I did hear Tigers were keen and have tabled a pretty good offer. Cutting Peter from Blacktown probably didn't help our cause, would have been good for him to have some family around the place
The Tigers missed out on Schuster. The Storm were the big danger but it looks like he'll be staying with us.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8