John Bateman

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We are in no position to chase anyone wanting the sort of coin Bateman would be demanding.

We are going to have to replace Thommo from within.

We haven't splashed cash on a big name in a long time. But apart from needing a bit more depth in the backs, we aren't far of having a premiership squad.

Id like to think it will be Haumoles spot down the track.. someone may hold the jersey for a year before it happens. Id like to see him get a run on the bench this year though. Drop Gosiewski

This Bateman sounds like a real tool. Any Australian club who signs him after what he is doing to Canberra is nuts.
A real team player... he was agitating for an upgrade through the media during grand final week last year. Absolute mercenary,.

Well who is going to fill the void of Joel Thompson esquire?
Who is available and who can we afford?
Bateman would be the best on the market.. and most expensive.

When Ben Kennedy retired at the end of 2006 we had a then-reserve grader replace him... his name was Glenn Stewart.

Maybe we will be fortunate enough to have someone in our club step up to the challenge, without having to spend big money to buy someone.

John Bateman is coming back to Super League with Wigan – and to his daughter.

The England star was roundly criticised for saying no to a new deal with Canberra, with many claiming he was only doing it for the money.

But he is in fact more likely to be taking a pay cut to return to England on a four-year contract with his former club, so he can be close to Millie.

“I’m very happy to be returning to Wigan on a long-term contract,” said the 26-year-old, who has not played this season because of a shoulder injury.

“On a personal level, some of the best times of my life have been in a Wigan shirt and I can’t wait to return, to play and make some more memories.

“It’s been a tough decision but to be back to Wigan, to be at home with my little girl, my mum and the rest of my family is something I can’t wait to experience once again.

“I still have plenty of unfinished business with the Raiders and my focus now is to get myself back on the pitch as soon as possible and put myself in the frame for selection.”

Bateman is leaving the Raiders after they got ‘sick of waiting’ for an answer on his future.

The main reason to come over here (Australia), was to test myself, to see how good of a player I am, and I feel like I’ve done that these last two years,” he told Wigan TV.

“For me, I’m happy with that. I’m happy where I’m at and I want to progress my career, I want to progress my playing abilities at Wigan. I want to come back there and win more trophies.

The Canberra Raiders have received a representative injury allowance due to the shoulder injury plaguing English international John Bateman's 2020 campaign.

Nine News rugby league reporter Danny Weidler reports the NRL will allow the club to spend $120,000 this season on a replacement.

Should the club spend the $120,000 on a reinforcement it will not be counted in the salary cap, due to a new rule that was brought in to protect clubs against injuries suffered on international duty.

Bateman injured his shoulder playing in a Test match against Papua New Guinea last off-season.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4