John Bateman

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

KNUCKLES

weights before dates
Bateman has been allowed to test the market for next year although been contracted til 2021. He is on 580k and I seeking a 800k contract. Make it happen des! If we could manage it a premiership trophy would surely be on its way to brookie

Taufua and Thompson perhaps.. suli if gone?
I agree it would be difficult to get him here..
But anything is possible..
Plus, des was seeking out wade Graham last year so he may think a player signing like that is plausible?

I get te angle of Bateman as he brings a massive point of difference to our current power game....I also feel the current team simply retained and growing in combinations with 2-3 stars already in the backyard yet to join the 17, will both take be dominant in coming years and take up the cap by 2021/22.
Fair call though, a Bateman fan, 1 of the best attacking forwards in the game.

Last edited:
The Canberra Raiders have reportedly given John Bateman permission to speak with rival clubs after his management put in a request for a release on four different occasions.

According to a report from Fox Sports, Bateman is on a contract worth around $580,000 a season and is hoping for an upgrade worth close to $800,000.

Bateman is currently under contract with the Raiders until the end of 2021.

The news comes after earlier report from Fox Sports which said the 26-year-old had repeated release requests knocked back by the club over the summer, with the Raiders refusing to budge on a contract that doesn't expire until the end of next season.

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2F35ed4999-d657-42cc-acfa-3b85a23918b0
Canberra Raiders forward John Bateman. (Getty)
Whispers of Bateman's restlessness in the nation's capital surfaced last year ahead of the Green Machine's grand final clash against the Roosters.

That sentiment coincided with a change in management after joining high profile player manager Isaac Moses ahead of the grand final.

Since then, the England forward's management has reportedly made at least four approaches to the club, arguing Bateman could sign a more lucrative contract elsewhere.

Currently recovering from shoulder surgery, the backrower will be unavailable for the Raiders' round three clash against the Storm.

Says it all really ,the player managers are truly screwing the game.
580k ,It was good enough for him to sign a multi year contract on ,you dont like it,**** off.

Yup, Bateman tweets he has never asked for a release and Hooper is buII****ing, so the obvious liar is that scumbag Isaac Moses.

It is way past time something needs to be done about these managers.

Didn't The Turd have an opportunity to fix it but goat photo's scared him off?

C'mon Abdo and Pete, you are cleanskin's, do something really good for the game. It's a great opportunity to make sweeping changes and lower player contracts in hard times without hurting players, by cutting out these integrity bereft parasites. They are turd stain on the game.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4