Jesse Ramien

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I’m going to go out on a limb and suggest that, barring mass injuries in the forwards, T-Rex has probably seen the last of first grade. I reckon his Blacktown contract is more of a ‘transition to retirement’ lifeline than anything else.

He’s past his best, will be 31 this year, is still yet to come back from his latest drugs suspension, and there are a lot more younger, better prospects in front of him than he’s ever faced before. I don’t see the fairytale comeback happening for him, TBH.

I was one of T Rex's biggest supporters back in the day, and for a couple of periods in 2011 and 2012 he was great for us and looked like becoming the player he was destined to be. B

But so far as "transitioning to retirement " as you rightly put it...… T Rex has been transitioning to retirement for the past 6 or 7 years now the way I've seen it. Gave up the ghost years ago. Should be a very smooth transition.

I was one of T Rex's biggest supporters back in the day, and for a couple of periods in 2011 and 2012 he was great for us and looked like becoming the player he was destined to be. B

But so far as "transitioning to retirement " as you rightly put it...… T Rex has been transitioning to retirement for the past 6 or 7 years now the way I've seen it. Gave up the ghost years ago. Should be a very smooth transition.

Oh, totally agree. I think @ricardo summed up exactly what I meant in the comment below yours - he always seemed like a decent enough bloke, drug/drink issues notwithstanding, and I reckon he’s been given the deal largely on the ‘good bloke’ basis, so everything doesn’t just all fall in a heap for him. Hopefully he sorts out something sustainable for his long-term future while he plays out his time at BWSE.

I was also a fan of his back in the day, and I do hope he gets it together, in life terms anyway. In NRL terms, it’s passed him by already.

This link indicates he is 7 games into a two year contract with Drugcastle ... ie finishing end of 2020. Call me old fashioned but I like players who play out their contract. I like Noodles, but perhaps in 2021?

True, but I can see it from his point of view as well - there’s such a small window for these guys to make their fortune. He went to Drugcastle with all the wraps in the world, and hasn’t gone on with it - if that’s because he isn’t a good fit for the team structure, and it’s not a good fit for him, I can see why he would want out before 2 seasons of sub-par footy hits him in the market value, not to mention any rep chances he might have.

True, but I can see it from his point of view as well - there’s such a small window for these guys to make their fortune. He went to Drugcastle with all the wraps in the world, and hasn’t gone on with it - if that’s because he isn’t a good fit for the team structure, and it’s not a good fit for him, I can see why he would want out before 2 seasons of sub-par footy hits him in the market value, not to mention any rep chances he might have.

Agree with the principles behind your comments .... but 7 weeks is hardly time to unpack your bags ... it's very close to being either a prima donna or a quiter ..... if I was a recruiter I would be concerned signing him and committing to 3 years .... only to find he wants out again

Sometimes it's not all about who you sign ... but who you miss out on ..... for example who was Newcastles 2nd choice .. and where did they go ?

Agree with the principles behind your comments .... but 7 weeks is hardly time to unpack your bags ... it's very close to being either a prima donna or a quiter ..... if I was a recruiter I would be concerned signing him and committing to 3 years .... only to find he wants out again

Sometimes it's not all about who you sign ... but who you miss out on ..... for example who was Newcastles 2nd choice .. and where did they go ?

All true, and I can definitely see that side as well. Both sides probably should’ve done a little more thinking about the signing before it happened - not just about the $$$/closer to family factors in Jesse’s case, and not just about the locking up one of the better prospects factor, in the club’s case. If they’re going to build the team around Pearce & Ponga, there needs to be a bit of forethought about which other players are going to fit that structure well. All good to think, yep, we need a decent centre on the right side as well, but how are you going to get him involved when your ballplayers always go left?! There’s a missing link somewhere...and it’s not doing team or player any good.

Exactly, he gets paid to play footy.. if his not seeing any football then what's the point. It's like taking on a job that has no career path. Hed just be biding his time. And if that's the way Newcastle want to play mainly down the left wouldn't they better off having Ramien who's on good coin off the books and invest elsewhere considering they could prob get away with a just a solid defensive centre not demanding much

Why is perrett on good coin? When has he ever been good? How strange must be the same guy who recruited myles and lussick. I want gutho to come back hes an exciting player but i am worried about his knees. Who else would we be looking at to play 6? Cheers
He was signed when Fulton took over recruitment and we were paying overs for players because no one wanted to come to Manly to play under Barrett. Walker, Hastings, Perrett, Winterstein and Myles were all offered more than they were worth to entice them to sign.

It’s not that Perrett is marquee money, but it’s coin that a player of his ability and experience is lucky to be on. For that reason, it’s hard to find a taker until his contract expires and another club buys him for his actual market value, which is less than he is on now.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10