Jerome Hughes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Hope this shows how late it was
1st pic just b4 & 2nd is after
Look how far out Ruben is

Attachments

• 4DA9C96B-DE07-4157-9AA9-0631ABE430B2.png
    4DA9C96B-DE07-4157-9AA9-0631ABE430B2.png
    398.1 KB · Views: 48
  • CCF767E9-3788-49E8-8466-1CD5E05099FE.png
    CCF767E9-3788-49E8-8466-1CD5E05099FE.png
    400.2 KB · Views: 43
Really grubby player in a team full of them. It was really noticeable the other night the tactics the Storm use to get every one percent possible. Grab the head when any hint of a crusher was one that stood out for me. Sure others do it but the Storm players looked exactly the same when they did this. They must actually put a lot of time practising stuff as opposed to just being told to do it by the coaching staff.

Do Manly have to do all this stuff to conquer the Storm? You would hope not, but they seem to get such an advantage over 80 minutes playing this way.

The fact Brandon Smith winks after easily sucking in the official was also a terrible look....the problem with Manly is they got up like men and got on with the game and could have earned penalties or more on 3-4 occasions ....this type of antics is rated as poor sporting conduct and I always rate Smith a tough competitor, but this type of thing leaves a bad taste and is a bad look for the game....would say the same if it was a Manly player....the game had gone soft enough without this type of BS

Would like to hear from The Better Robbo on this event... maybe he has an inside track and can fill us in on why the review/judiciary panel that does such a great job has ignored it.

My guess is ( I know, I'm not robbo) - and I think his brother is on the mrc, not the judiciary - anyway...

I reckon it's because there's no charge for diving (there is in the nhl - it's called embellishing) and the outcry would be that refs aren't doctors and cant make that judgement so better to be safe...blah blah blah...kiddies...daughters touch footy team.

So even if they say "you were faking" the player just says "Was not" and the coach musters up all the faux outrage and yells 'how dare you' at the nrl.

Funny how the head high debacle has come and gone, but the crusher b/s still remains.

My guess is ( I know, I'm not robbo) - and I think his brother is on the mrc, not the judiciary - anyway...

I reckon it's because there's no charge for diving (there is in the nhl - it's called embellishing) and the outcry would be that refs aren't doctors and cant make that judgement so better to be safe...blah blah blah...kiddies...daughters touch footy team.

So even if they say "you were faking" the player just says "Was not" and the coach musters up all the faux outrage and yells 'how dare you' at the nrl.

Funny how the head high debacle has come and gone, but the crusher b/s still remains.
"review/judiciary panel"

Sorry I left of the "s" after "panel".

Did they not pick up Hughes' knees into Sandwich for the same reason? That incident was the one I mean't to refer my post. My bad.

"review/judiciary panel"

Sorry I left of the "s" after "panel".

Did they not pick up Hughes' knees into Sandwich for the same reason? That incident was the one I mean't to refer my post. My bad.

The Hughes one was an interesting 'let go'.

Sometimes the nrl will send a letter of caution out but not report it. I emailed them a few years ago when sam burg-cat shoulder charged dce off the ball when Manly were scoring. they replied that they sent such a letter of caution but that was it.

I dunno... I'm hungry.

this type of antics is rated as poor sporting conduct and I always rate Smith a tough competitor,
Players who are actually tough players have no qualms about milking because they don't care what other people think of them. Including some of the toughest ever, our own Bozo was not above the odd playing for penalty.
Players who want to be seen as tough players are the ones who fight their way to their feet even when they've been clobbered good.
Which is neither here nor there, it is a more visible problem in the current game due to so many tv cameras but aside from smarter refs, not sure how to deal with it.

Players who are actually tough players have no qualms about milking because they don't care what other people think of them. Including some of the toughest ever, our own Bozo was not above the odd playing for penalty.
Players who want to be seen as tough players are the ones who fight their way to their feet even when they've been clobbered good.
Which is neither here nor there, it is a more visible problem in the current game due to so many tv cameras but aside from smarter refs, not sure how to deal with it.
Your probably right to an extent, but these same tough players constantly complain and shake heads about how soft the game has become, yet these soccer dive type plays contribute to exactly what they are complaining about...

He was very close to getting a release from Storm last year as was disgruntled with a few broken promises....that were suddenly solved....
Actually rate him as a player, but should not have been there last night and I noticed prior to almost losing his head, on a try to Simmonsen, he again came sliding in late knee's first !!
Thing was, he was saved by it being so late the try scorer was half way up to celebrate....has Slater been giving this bloke Ninja lessons ??

Hughes dropped to his knees and slid across again last night on I think Bailey’s second try, no contact as he wasn’t close enough to the try scorer, however it’s become a habit (maybe coached or not, similar to slater leading with his legs) its leading with the knees and has to be stopped, hopefully his received or will receive a caution before he actually breaks someone jaw.

He was very close to getting a release from Storm last year as was disgruntled with a few broken promises....that were suddenly solved....
Actually rate him as a player, but should not have been there last night and I noticed prior to almost losing his head, on a try to Simmonsen, he again came sliding in late knee's first !!
Thing was, he was saved by it being so late the try scorer was half way up to celebrate....has Slater been giving this bloke Ninja lessons ??
I was just typing the same thing about him leading with his knees again last night

Yup , as others have rightly said.

Gets tackled high... immediate send off, melb cronk states its the worst he's ever seen, media guess length of bans; "oh no, a melb player was touched...!"

Same d-bag slides into rubes with his knees, late... could easily have been checked but nothing from anyone (including the media). MRC dropped the ball big time on that one. As I'm sure they don't need a knee in the face to remind them how dangerous the action is, still confused by the silence.

So with that... something something 'Karma' something something.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8