JDB Federal Court Challenge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Indy0204

Reserve Grader
It looks like the NRL have taken a bit of a hit today in Court:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...l/news-story/3d8394f8bb229e9118aa011bf1b624bf

One of things they were relying on to justify the introduction of their 'no-fault' policy is historical evidence of their NPS or Net Promotor Score, which is essentially how likely someone is to recommend the NRL to another person.

The NRL's case thus far has been that because of the off field incidents, the NRL's NPS has been reducing and this reduction has required the introduction of the policy.

The judge, has thrown out the evidence for a lack of relevance to the case.

I am a law student, but am not quite sure with the precise question of law that is being put to the Federal Court. My understanding is that this is an issue of administrative law; the NRL is a body which was presumably empowered by Federal Act and can make decisions within the ambit of the authority delegated to them. They will not be able to violate fundamental freedoms which include principles of natural justice - i.e. the right to a fair trial and the presumption of innocence.

So the case will turn on whether the NRL had the authority to bring in this policy.

All in all, looks like a bit of a blow to the NRL's case and we might be seeing JDB and Dylan Walker back in action sooner rather than later!

I am no legal eagle but is it a restraint of trade in this case for no justifiable reason? Ie they are not allowing JDB to apply his trade especially given he in the eyes of the law is innocent at the moment

I am no legal eagle but is it a restraint of trade in this case for no justifiable reason? Ie they are not allowing JDB to apply his trade especially given he in the eyes of the law is innocent at the moment
I think that's what's been plead by JDB's counsel so far. I imagine his team are arguing multiple grounds for why the policy is invalid. I think there is also a real issue with the possibility of interfering with the right to fair trial of these players. It will be very hard to empanel a jury who do not know who these players are because of the controversy that has been caused. And even though it's called a 'no-fault' policy, the issue is that it is a form of pre-judicial punishment which can invite bias and preconceptions from potential jurors.

For the legal nerd in me, it is a very interesting case!

I’m no legal eagle either but it’s a dumb **** rule and deserves to be ****ed off to oblivion!!

This is the rule to prejudge and penalise a player before their day in court as nothing to do wether I think the players are guilty or not.

As a responsible member of the Australian community, the NRL and its sponsors should be standing up for Australian principles of democracy and justice. Innocent unless proven guilty.

It looks like the NRL have taken a bit of a hit today in Court:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...l/news-story/3d8394f8bb229e9118aa011bf1b624bf

One of things they were relying on to justify the introduction of their 'no-fault' policy is historical evidence of their NPS or Net Promotor Score, which is essentially how likely someone is to recommend the NRL to another person.

The NRL's case thus far has been that because of the off field incidents, the NRL's NPS has been reducing and this reduction has required the introduction of the policy.

The judge, has thrown out the evidence for a lack of relevance to the case.

I am a law student, but am not quite sure with the precise question of law that is being put to the Federal Court. My understanding is that this is an issue of administrative law; the NRL is a body which was presumably empowered by Federal Act and can make decisions within the ambit of the authority delegated to them. They will not be able to violate fundamental freedoms which include principles of natural justice - i.e. the right to a fair trial and the presumption of innocence.

So the case will turn on whether the NRL had the authority to bring in this policy.

All in all, looks like a bit of a blow to the NRL's case and we might be seeing JDB and Dylan Walker back in action sooner rather than later!

In that case Turdy Greenburglar and Peter Beatoff should be on trial, its their uneven playing field, that allows eye gouging from the pets but gives manly 2 weeks suspension for an accidental slap, that is reducing the NPS

As a responsible member of the Australian community, the NRL and its sponsors should be standing up for Australian principles of democracy and justice. Innocent unless proven guilty.
The idiots implement things to make themselves look good but end up looking like turkeys.
Time and time again...

If the NRL are relying on what is tantamount to a customer satisfaction survey (NPS) as the reasoning behind the creation of the behavioural guideline, that in effect creates a restraint of trade, then the FC Judge quite rightly will pay no attention to it. I will be surprised if the appeal is not upheld and de Belin not free to play. Counsel for de Belin have played the smart angle on his inability to earn future income due to ignoring the presumption of innocence by not allowing him to play and showcase his skill due to a trial that could last months/years.

Interesting precedent to be set here either way for all sporting codes. Let's hope that it ends the career of Greenturd and his moronic chairman Peter Beat-off

I'm with the NRL and the NPS figures they use. It's a very credible point the make.

The NPS is based on the PPS ( pooch prodding scale) that was used when Mitch Pierce attempted intercourse with that dog all those years ago. Apparently that one prodding caused the PPS to go from Negitive 20 to positive 320453. Dogs were flocking to the game like never before in the hope of a good shafting. Unfortunately the head dog greenturd decided to make it his life work to shaft any Seaeagle south of Newcastle first and foremost.

Cant believe the judge would disregard such strong evidential evidence.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6