JDB Federal Court Challenge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I am gobsmacked. This is a monumental decision that attacks the very heart of the principle of innocent until proven guilty. It is a precedent totally against the decisions made at other courts dealing with almost identical issues. They should take this to the Supreme Court because this has very disturbing implications to a fundamental principle. I'm horrified that a judge would come to that conclusion. The law in this case is certainly the victim
Maybe so, however there are a lot of guys in jail awaiting trial that are unable to raise bail, in theory they're innocent also.
Sometimes police or teachers get suspended on full pay pending outcomes, I think Debellin is still being paid and I think Dragons are getting some cap relief for that.

Judge Melissa Perry determined the ban on de Belin was not a restraint of trade and was necessary to protect the “legitimate interests” of the commission and the NRL.
----

On the plus side, players now have another incentive to behave like most of us do whilst working for a corporation :wait:

(Snake was an anomaly that nothing can protect against:()

I am gobsmacked. This is a monumental decision that attacks the very heart of the principle of innocent until proven guilty. It is a precedent totally against the decisions made at other courts dealing with almost identical issues. They should take this to the Supreme Court because this has very disturbing implications to a fundamental principle. I'm horrified that a judge would come to that conclusion. The law in this case is certainly the victim

The law is not the victim.As I said from the beginning this was not a monumental decision.It was always going to be a garden variety court case based on the particular facts of this case.The fact that he is presumed innocent till found guilty of a criminal charge is just one of a myriad of facts the court considers in deciding whether his employer has a right to stand down an employee and this is backed up by Judge Perry’s verdict.

We see this every day in cases of impropriate sexual complaints against senior executives.Thry get stood down !They have a right to be presumed innocent in a criminal trial ; that right has never extended to protecting them from an employer taking disciplinary action against them and NEVER WILL.God help us if you need to be actually convicted of a criminal offence to face disciplinary action from an employer.Just because these guys play rugby league doesn’t mean they are any different to any other employee.

Not sure how many times people need to hear it but you don’t have to commit a criminal act to be stood down or reprimanded at the office.It happens every day and a lot of times, unlike De Bellin , without pay.He has as much chance of taking this to the Supreme Court as I have of playing halfback this weekend. His wallet will decide that .In any case unless things have changed the Federal Court is not a state court so the Supreme Court has nothing to do with it and any appeal would be to the full bench of the Federal Court and after that to The High Court with special leave to appeal. Good luck with all that. . I don’t agree with the rule one bit but it was always a good chance of being upheld, especially with the onus of proof on De Bellin.

But the bad side to this of course is our little friend Turd and Beatoff having a little win.

Last edited:
Well, we know what Nein will be talking about in tonight's pre and post game bits.

The Chooks vs Drongos will be incidental to this issue.

This decision leaves a pit in my gut. Putting aside the legal issues determined the moral reality is that a young man who’s at the peak of his career has been thrown under a bus destroying his career whilst his guilt remains undetermined in the name of protecting corporate dollars. I hope Greenberg and Beattie enjoy their champagne having destroyed this guys career and probably destroying him financially as well. It is immoral and disgusting. Shame shame shame.

This decision leaves a pit in my gut. Putting aside the legal issues determined the moral reality is that a young man who’s at the peak of his career has been thrown under a bus destroying his career whilst his guilt remains undetermined in the name of protecting corporate dollars. I hope Greenberg and Beattie enjoy their champagne having destroyed this guys career and probably destroying him financially as well. It is immoral and disgusting. Shame shame shame.
JDB is on full pay and Drags are given an option for a Cap exempt replacement :nod:

Meanwhile JDBs coaccused is still playing in the CRL :rolleyes:

I want to know why Alan Joyce is not being held to account for wielding the considerable influence of one of Australia's largest companies in favour of his political and religious views.

I have been saying the same thing, talk about double standards and reverse discrimination. The muppet Joyce should be ashamed of himself and the role he has played in the sacking of Folau.

But that was due to his decision to challenge a code of conduct rule rather than speeding up his criminal case somehow :nerd:

Easily a couple of hundred thousand to cover his and the NRLs legal costs for about 5 days at court :eek:
He can’t speed up his criminal trial that is beyond his control.

The of hypocracy of the JDB case is astounding, his case could take years to be heard and now his career is basically over. Why? The almighty corporate dollar.

The media are quick to report incidents involving sportsmen and women yet a very senior ALP figure can contest an election tomorrow while an historic allegation of rape has been relodged with Victorian police during the week and what has the general public heard, barely a squeak.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8