• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I’m glad he is back, but it takes players coming back from knees a couple of mothis to get fit and the best part of a year to have full confidence and performance.

If he is a lame duck who has been rushed back against Penrith, we are better of having a fit and confident player, no matter who it is.

Still, if he plays, best of luck and great recovery

It's not like the defence on that side - or across the whole field - has been doing a great job anyway. We have been shot defensively everywhere. Yes, it ends up looking bad when the guys at the end of the line miss tackles, but if we weren't such a shambles from the minute the opposition begins a set, they wouldn't be placed in those positions a lot of the time.

These words may come back to haunt me, but can it really get any worse?
Something about singing from the same sheet of music.

The 2023 side, a 1973 redux it ain’t.

Makes our backline super fast. Exciting to see how his bulking up helps his kick return carries
The hit ups I want to see improve from our outside backs, especially after the opposition kick's downfield and create rush defence is coming out of our red zone.
I realise we have no To'o , Marzew types, but we are possibly up with the worst across the NRL in this area and why when we play these top 4 type sides we play 80% of the game in bad field position along with lack of pressure on the opposition kicker.

I don't think it matters if bulking up has made him a yard or two slower. If he's in the clear no-one is catching him anyway, and that is 1% of the game. So hopefully the extra strength and size he's gained will help when bringing the ball back which is 90% of any wingers game

tough coming back against the riff who isolated him so effectively in round 1 2022. every kick went to his wing in that match and im not expecting a lot to be different this time around.

tough coming back against the riff who isolated him so effectively in round 1 2022. every kick went to his wing in that match and im not expecting a lot to be different this time around.
I thought it strange that most of Newcastle's kicks went to Garrick. I would have kicked to Tui all day long. To be fair, it's a tough assignment for any winger against the elite kickers (Cleary, Burton, Reynolds etc)

V
The hit ups I want to see improve from our outside backs, especially after the opposition kick's downfield and create rush defence is coming out of our red zone.
I realise we have no To'o , Marzew types, but we are possibly up with the worst across the NRL in this area and why when we play these top 4 type sides we play 80% of the game in bad field position along with lack of pressure on the opposition kicker.
Penrith get a lot of wraps about their amazing attack/kicking game but it all comes back to 1 simple thing... win the ruck.

They make teams kick from uncomfortable positions and it makes their back 3 look amazing. On the flip side if they're in their own half every set is built around getting time and space for Cleary to kick where and when he wants with a relentless kick chase.

If there was one thing that I wish Manly could emulate it would be their ruthless pursuit of field position, through hard work and discipline.

Certainly a testing game for Jason to make his comeback considering how the Panthers targeted and pressured him the ist game last season with those effective tactical kicks . Did certainly and gradually improved from that night and Ideally can resume with the confidence and really solid play he showed in his last game before injury last season .

I don't think it matters if bulking up has made him a yard or two slower. If he's in the clear no-one is catching him anyway, and that is 1% of the game. So hopefully the extra strength and size he's gained will help when bringing the ball back which is 90% of any wingers game

Bolt proves Muscle bulk does not make you slower
It gives you power to propel out in the clear

Nothing more exhilarating than speed
Nothing more deflating than a slow Manly back

5bc8b44a4e7c1.image.jpg

Bolt proves Muscle bulk does not make you slower
It gives you power to propel out in the clear

Nothing more exhilarating than speed
Nothing more deflating than a slow Manly back

5bc8b44a4e7c1.image.jpg
A yard or two slower doesn't make him slow, he would still be the fastest man in the game over the length of the pitch. Given his height he is never going to be quick off the mark like the fox, koula or tabuai-fidow. Even Bolt, the fastest man ever, was behind his competitors over the first 10-20 metres until the after-burners kicked in. But Saab plays rugby league so has to work on what will make him a better all round footy player. It would be different if he wanted to compete in the 100m at the Olympics.

And I now carefully put a post up saying someone pictured "is yet to test positive", but his relay partners (which he anchored) did, and it isn't like it is a "bolt out of the blue". Much like Lance - until someone dropped him in it

Explosive muscle bulk without the correct "supplement" system is a difficult thing to achieve

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8