Jason Saab

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
JASON SAAB HAS SO MUCH POTENTIAL
BECAUSE
THERE ARE NO SPEED LIMITS ON THE ROAD OF SUCCESS
images.jpg

He's defo quick.. I dunno, all I'm saying is Addo carr and pappenhuyzen (especially paps) have the ability to score trys off their own plays... They are great at backing up to score, but they also CREATE the scoring opportunities..
It's just something Saab hasnt shown..
BUT like I said, he's young, there's PLENTY of time to prove himself..
Yeah but your comparing a young rookie with a few games behind him to 2 well seasoned players in Fox and Papsmear in the present.

Go back a few years to when Fox was at the Tigers starting out and you'll see some similarities.
Not saying Saab will grow into a Fox though I hope he does and then some.

Yeah but your comparing a young rookie with a few games behind him to 2 well seasoned players in Fox and Papsmear in the present.

Go back a few years to when Fox was at the Tigers starting out and you'll see some similarities.
Not saying Saab will grow into a Fox though I hope he does and then some.
He needs to fix his defence. Watching from the ground on the weekend and his defence is terrible. He was rushing in a taking nobody, turning in circles etc. Luckily he is so quick he can turn a chase when we are down field but on our line is going to be an issue.

He needs to fix his defence. Watching from the ground on the weekend and his defence is terrible. He was rushing in a taking nobody, turning in circles etc. Luckily he is so quick he can turn a chase when we are down field but on our line is going to be an issue.
I said the same after watchinh him live at StMerge game... plus he had a tendency to amble back to pick the ball up from kicks - no sense of urgency... not an issue when the team is on top but will quickly become one if he doesn't improve...

Yeah, but the NRL's GOAT winger, Ken Irvine, couldn't or wouldn't tackle.
Like Irvine, Saab's attributes outweigh his weaknesses.

Agree 100%. As I said in my original post there are a number of areas he needs to improve, his defence being the most urgent. He looks all at see when they come down his side.
Just made the comment that comparing Saab today against Fox today is a little unfair. You need to go back to when the Fox was just starting out and he had similar problems.

Agree 100%. As I said in my original post there are a number of areas he needs to improve, his defence being the most urgent. He looks all at see when they come down his side.
Just made the comment that comparing Saab today against Fox today is a little unfair. You need to go back to when the Fox was just starting out and he had similar problems.
That's it. He's only 20. Some kids are ready at 20 but I feel Saab will get better and better in time.

Dont forget the storm system made JAC and pap smear the players they are right now.
JAC was a rough diamond when at tigers and The Pap was shopped around multiple clubs who did want a bar of the kid.
Saab will get there in time but the upside is he will score pkenty of meat piea on the way with straight up speed.

Manly needs to stick with Saab as we haven't had a fast winger with potential like his for a long time. We shouldn't blame him too much for our dysfunctional right edge. Our right edge has been garbage since 2014 (in comparison with what we had) Saab would do better with a high quality defensive centre inside him. Harper is doing a good job there at the moment. Suli does better for us when he isnt playing. Walker should be the answer but has never been allowed to make this position his own. Do we look outside? No one really standouts who is off contract and available on reasonable coin. It's a tough one to get right, but for Saab to reach his potential he needs to have confidence in the defense inside him.

Manly needs to stick with Saab as we haven't had a fast winger with potential like his for a long time. We shouldn't blame him too much for our dysfunctional right edge. Our right edge has been garbage since 2014 (in comparison with what we had) Saab would do better with a high quality defensive centre inside him. Harper is doing a good job there at the moment. Suli does better for us when he isnt playing. Walker should be the answer but has never been allowed to make this position his own. Do we look outside? No one really standouts who is off contract and available on reasonable coin. It's a tough one to get right, but for Saab to reach his potential he needs to have confidence in the defense inside him.
I think Burns from Rabbits is off-contract, but I really like Billy Smith from Roosters (big, young, fast, strong, plays direct and can't get a look in their team with Manu and Morris - he would probably be great value). Assuming guys like Taufua, and Gosiewski prob won't get a new contract, we should definitely invest in a quality centre from outside. Agreed, Harper is great for now, and Tuipulotu may come good soon, but we are 1 strike centre (and 1 quality edge forward) from being a serious contender - assuming Fainu gets off. I like Saab's potential, but also a little concerned with our depth on the wing too

I think Burns from Rabbits is off-contract, but I really like Billy Smith from Roosters (big, young, fast, strong, plays direct and can't get a look in their team with Manu and Morris - he would probably be great value). Assuming guys like Taufua, and Gosiewski prob won't get a new contract, we should definitely invest in a quality centre from outside. Agreed, Harper is great for now, and Tuipulotu may come good soon, but we are 1 strike centre (and 1 quality edge forward) from being a serious contender - assuming Fainu gets off. I like Saab's potential, but also a little concerned with our depth on the wing too
I agree with you that our recruitment should be focussed on a good quality centre. Personally, I think our current back row rotation is pretty good, (yes I would keep Schuster in that rotation for next season). Depending on who we recruit as our right centre we might have some backrow cover there, from that recruitment. I think Capewell would go well in a Manly jersey (outside Schuster and inside Saab). We extend Foran for one more year, and also focus on developing Tupiluto for that centre spot for 2023.

I reckon that's a pretty big assumption as he is a Des favourite...
I think Des picks him on experience due to lack of options. After 1 game, Davey had already taken his starting spot. It was only a matter of time before Gauc would take his bench spot. Time and time again, Jack unfortunately has shown to have extremely poor ball retention, discipline, and tackle efficiency. Surely with Schuster proving to be a dynamic option in the backrow, the emergence of Gauc, the possible re-signing of Siro, and the return of Davey, even Des would struggle to justify giving much needed cap space to Gosiewki. Surely?!

I agree with you that our recruitment should be focussed on a good quality centre. Personally, I think our current back row rotation is pretty good, (yes I would keep Schuster in that rotation for next season). Depending on who we recruit as our right centre we might have some backrow cover there, from that recruitment. I think Capewell would go well in a Manly jersey (outside Schuster and inside Saab). We extend Foran for one more year, and also focus on developing Tupiluto for that centre spot for 2023.
If Schuster stays (which I agree, looking to be a great outcome for us) then yeah we should go hard for that centre instead (and a winger?)

I think Des picks him on experience due to lack of options. After 1 game, Davey had already taken his starting spot. It was only a matter of time before Gauc would take his bench spot. Time and time again, Jack unfortunately has shown to have extremely poor ball retention, discipline, and tackle efficiency. Surely with Schuster proving to be a dynamic option in the backrow, the emergence of Gauc, the possible re-signing of Siro, and the return of Davey, even Des would struggle to justify giving much needed cap space to Gosiewki. Surely?!
I need 2 'likes'... 'Agree" and 'optimistic'...

The tries he has scored in recent weeks are amazing, not many players would’ve done the same. But I question his work rate. 6 runs and 2 tackles last week isn’t good enough for a modern winger. And his runs are usually very ineffective.
The best wingers (Brian To’o for example) are making over 200m a game from hitups.

We badly needed speed out wide and now we have one of the fastest men in the game on the end of our backline we want to dismantle his game because he is young and raw and needs to improve his defence. He is getting better with every game with growing confidence. There is no doubt he needs to build up his upper body but he is only 20 years of age and has plenty of time. There are very few people that have the gift of lightning speed like his. He reminds of me of Larry Corowa and Martin Oppiah. It wont be long and ill be jumping to my feet every time he gets the ball in space.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2