[Resurrected] Jarryd Hayne, the (forgotten) locked up man

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Manly bashing has become an accepted media pastime over the years. And in this internet day and age, the thought of Manly doing something wrong is worth clicks. And even if it turns out Manly had nothing to do with it, the clubs name will forever be associated with it because of a few headlines.
But they’re going to get more clicks by mentioning popular clubs.Manly have one of the smaller fan bases in the comp and they’re not as despised by other fans as they once were,I’d say Roosters and Storm have surpassed them now.

NRL 2021: Jarryd Hayne sentencing hearing, spitting, supporter, jail time, update, news, reaction
I disagree somewhat, not the guy spitting or the derogatory comments made but the journalist and photographers have alot to answer for in my opinion.
They do this sort of thing all the time trying to get into the face of people leaving court or anything story really, forcing their way through to put a large microphone or camera lenses right in someone's face.

Must be remembered here it wasn't Hayne they were trying to do this to, he would be fair game, it was his wife, and the family and friends in my view were trying to shield her from that.
Kind of ironic really, violence against woman and headlines they scream and here they are participating in these types of scenes to an innocent woman who had no part in what Hayne did, just leaving the court.
Just my view on this particular aspect, not the case or Hayne himself.

I disagree somewhat, not the guy spitting or the derogatory comments made but the journalist and photographers have alot to answer for in my opinion.
They do this sort of thing all the time trying to get into the face of people leaving court or anything story really, forcing their way through to put a large microphone or camera lenses right in someone's face.

Must be remembered here it wasn't Hayne they were trying to do this to, he would be fair game, it was his wife, and the family and friends in my view were trying to shield her from that.
Kind of ironic really, violence against woman and headlines they scream and here they are participating in these types of scenes to an innocent woman who had no part in what Hayne did, just leaving the court.
Absolutely spot on. The media are antagonistic grubby cats - a law unto themselves. Provoking highly emotional people, then squeeling like piglets when one of them bites back.

A Current Affair employs such tactics every night.

But T-Rex and Inu - what can you say?

T-Rex is the perfect example of where society expectations meet our reality. I’m a fan and love nothing more than T-Rex’s run over the top of Billy Slater as a rookie many a year ago. But these comments expose his very human nature and need to be called out.

You're spot on regarding the scum media, it's always p1ssed me off watching those jackals getting in the space of people arriving at or leaving court with their inane questions and intrusion, it surely borders on harassment, the court should provide a guarded escape route for families or victims rather than forcing them to run the gauntlet of these morons

T Rex has gone into remorse and regret mode today. He has apologised for his poor choice of words. Not sure if one of those words was "innocent". And of course we all misunderstood him, he wasn't targeting the victim. Maybe God "did his thing" and pointed out to Tony what a muppet he was being ?

But gee, doesn't God work in mysterious ways. I'm still trying to figure out what God was trying to achieve by letting one of his loyal and devout flock get himself into a situation like that in the first place. Was God trying to teach Jarryd a lesson ? was God testing Jarryd (quite clearly he failed.....or maybe he didn't ?) I'm sure it'll all work out OK for Jarryd, and Tony for that matter, God wouldn't let them down. I hope he keeps an eye out for the victim as well.

Last edited:
T Rex has gone into remorse and regret mode today. He has apologised for his poor choice of words. Not sure if one of those words was "innocent". And of course we all misunderstood him, he wasn't targeting the victim. Maybe God "did his thing" and pointed out to Tony what a muppet he was being ?

But gee, doesn't God work in mysterious ways. I'm still trying to figure out what God was trying to achieve by letting one of his loyal and devout flock get himself into a situation like that in the first place. Was God trying to reach Jarryd a lesson ? was God testing Jarryd (quite clearly he failed.....or maybe he didn't ?) I'm sure it'll all work out OK for Jarryd, and Tony for that matter, God wouldn't let them down. I hope he keeps an eye out for the victim as well.
It's all about the bigger picture. God is sending Hayne off on a mission to spread the good word in jail and redeem the lost souls of those behind bars.

God says that he gave man free will....

so don't pin this one on him!

(not that I would dare to put words into the omnipotent one's mouth, mea culpa).

So my assumption is he stays in Silverwater until his appeal is heard ??

I bet the hard noses in there are lining up to give him a taste of prison life.

There are no special perks for former footballers inside prison.

That’s what Jarryd Hayne has learnt as he adjusts to his new life after being jailed earlier this month for sexually assaulting a woman at her Newcastle home in 2018.

The Saturday Telegraph reports Hayne requested to watch Foxtel on the TV inside his cell — only to be bluntly told it’s free-to-air service only for inmates.

There are no special perks for former footballers inside prison.

That’s what Jarryd Hayne has learnt as he adjusts to his new life after being jailed earlier this month for sexually assaulting a woman at her Newcastle home in 2018.

The Saturday Telegraph reports Hayne requested to watch Foxtel on the TV inside his cell — only to be bluntly told it’s free-to-air service only for inmates.

Yep it’s part of the sentence having to listen to the 9 commentary team.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2