Jarryd Hayne accused of rape in US civil suit

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct, if you have sex without consent you may be liable for up to 14 years in the slammer, and consent has to be real consent. The law around this is quite specific and includes this (NSW Crimes Act)
"The grounds on which it may be established that a person does not consent to sexual intercourse include:
(a) if the person has sexual intercourse while substantially intoxicated by alcohol or any drug,

Correct, if you have sex without consent you may be liable for up to 14 years in the slammer, and consent has to be real consent. The law around this is quite specific and includes this (NSW Crimes Act)
"The grounds on which it may be established that a person does not consent to sexual intercourse include:
(a) if the person has sexual intercourse while substantially intoxicated by alcohol or any drug,
Before I did my criminal law unit I thought it was going to be fun and interesting and dangerous but then when we got into it, it was all sexual assault and infanticide and totally depressing.

He should have had a breathalyser above his bed and we wouldn’t be having this convo. Or perhaps it’s “always been his dream” to make love to a lady incapable of providing legal consent?

99EA6040-301A-4A5C-BFE7-EF78194D4CE4.jpeg
04F0427B-136C-4884-996B-AD950F52E41B.jpeg
NSW is pretty clear (although proving no consent just because they’re drunk would be tough beyond a reasonable doubt). Not sure what California Law looks like. Asleep or passed out - no (especially if you Facebook live it like the idiots recently). Drunk - no. Regardless of what one thinks about an adults responsibility in regards to consumption of alcohol or drugs.

This is not a debate for Silvertails!

We do not know the situation, we do not know the people and we are purely speculating. Time to put it to rest and let it play out in the media and the Eels forums

Exactly my point.
A person who is unable to give consent due to intoxication - I would call this rape.

A person who has had too much to drink and makes a mistake sleeping with someone they usually wouldn't if sober - (in my opinion) this responsibility is the one who is intoxicated because how can if be the other person's responsibility to know how much alcohol they've consumed, how much they can handle (without even knowing them), what their blood alcohol content is, what they've had too eat and how it's affected the alcohol consumption etc etc.

This has to be the responsibility of the person's consuming the alcohol. This is what responsible drinking is. This is why a mature aged drinking level is established. The law assumes you will be adult enough to monitor your own drinking.

In my opinion, waking up the next day after a consentual mistake isnt anything remotely close to a person not consenting and becoming a victim of rape. Two completely different ends of the spectrum.

Yeah it's not because as you said, it's a consentual mistake. Hindsight doesn't remove consent at the time of the act.

Firstly The Plane is innocent until proven otherwise. We know what damage trial by media and in his case, the NRL, did to Snake.
*On the consent/drinking topic there's an old Jodie Foster movie called The Accused. Foster's character was intoxicated, smoking weed and flirting. She did not consent to anything sexual. It was a legal battle but justice was served in the end.
Getting drunk isn't a crime.
Sexual assault is.
I wonder if this situation happened to men more often would people still find ways to put responsibility on victims?
Rightfully, nobody blames a man who's been out drinking until he's intoxicated and then gets coward punched. You don't hear arguments that he shouldn't have been out drinking and putting himself in this position.
Just a bit of a rant from a female perspective and yes I personally know women who have lived this situation.
Oh, it's a footy forum.....Go Manly!

You have to base each situation on its own merits...it's when we have preconceived outcomes that we end up making emotional decisions.

Firstly The Plane is innocent until proven otherwise. We know what damage trial by media and in his case, the NRL, did to Snake.
*On the consent/drinking topic there's an old Jodie Foster movie called The Accused. Foster's character was intoxicated, smoking weed and flirting. She did not consent to anything sexual. It was a legal battle but justice was served in the end.
Getting drunk isn't a crime.
Sexual assault is.
I wonder if this situation happened to men more often would people still find ways to put responsibility on victims?
Rightfully, nobody blames a man who's been out drinking until he's intoxicated and then gets coward punched. You don't hear arguments that he shouldn't have been out drinking and putting himself in this position.
Just a bit of a rant from a female perspective and yes I personally know women who have lived this situation.
Oh, it's a footy forum.....Go Manly!

Agree 100%. Thankfully, I haven’t personally had a friend or relative go through it (that I know of), but as the friend who can generally handle my booze better than most, I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve had to ‘retrieve’ an intoxicated friend from the clutches of a guy trying to take advantage of her, or tell some creep who wouldn’t take no for answer “f@$& off, we’re lesbians”, or similar.

The thing I don’t get is, what’s in it for the predatory party, when the object of their attentions is that wasted? You get just as much response and interaction from a fleshlight, FFS!

Agree 100%. Thankfully, I haven’t personally had a friend or relative go through it (that I know of), but as the friend who can generally handle my booze better than most, I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve had to ‘retrieve’ an intoxicated friend from the clutches of a guy trying to take advantage of her, or tell some creep who wouldn’t take no for answer “f@$& off, we’re lesbians”, or similar.

The thing I don’t get is, what’s in it for the predatory party, when the object of their attentions is that wasted? You get just as much response and interaction from a fleshlight, FFS!
Someone has drugged my wife twice whilst I was there in the same establishment, once at Surf Rock once in Hervey Bay. The Surf Rock a guy lead her outside, one of the girls saw and alerted us that the guy had been hovering around us and the girls all night and saw them go, so we went out sorted him out. In Hervey bay I picked up on her not being completely responsive and right. Got her to near the bounces sat her down and called an ambulance, she spent the night and day in hospital.

Others have hit on her multiple times, which leads me to wonder why I didnt let them have her, would have been a cheaper ride and better for sanity

So his lawyer is the same one that represents Salim Mehajer and Dyldam who his old/new club is suing for lost money....NRL/Eels soap opera keeps getting better

Now the NRL are asking why Hayne hadnt told the Titans... The bloody NRL owned them, maybe Greenturd should be asked did he know and covered it up???????. Another stench around a Greenturd deal.

Now the NRL are asking why Hayne hadnt told the Titans... The bloody NRL owned them, maybe Greenturd should be asked did he know and covered it up???????. Another stench around a Greenturd deal.
You think the NRL didn't know about this and didn't move him away from a club that was just about to be sold because of it..? Maybe I'm too :tinfoil:

Maybe everyone should take a reality f***ing check!!!

Who would go for an interview for a new job and say ......................oh btw back in 2015 I was accused of rape but the police dropped the charges because there was insufficient evidence!!!

Hayne shouldn't have had to say sh*t to anyone about it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8