Jarryd Hayne accused of rape in US civil suit

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why wouldn't the NRL, to whom he was contracted to as the owner of the Titans, not know of this. Where is the integrity commission now

Another Greenturd cover up????

Last edited:
Not victim blaming but getting paralytic drunk is stupid and puts yourself in a dangerous position where you are completely helpless and at the mercy of those around you.
If you're lucky a friend helps you home and you wake up ok.
If you're not, anything can happen to you. Robbed or bashed, walk into traffic or wake up in a strangers bed.......

The sounds like a bogus accusation and the NRL is acting sensibly, for once. Then again, it is an Eeels player.
It's not how the NRL handled the bogus claim against Stewart, suspending him for four matches without any justification.

Not victim blaming but getting paralytic drunk is stupid and puts yourself in a dangerous position where you are completely helpless and at the mercy of those around you.
If you're not, anything can happen to you. Robbed or bashed, walk into traffic or wake up in a strangers bed.......
Seriously? Next time I get drunk I hope I don’t wake up with Haynes in my bed.

"At the mercy of those around you" - sad world we live in.

Many years ago I was on a no drinky streak, my Snr manager asked me to go to the Xmas party as a chaperone, yes a chaperone. Frankly it was disgusting to see how many guys I worked with that tried to take advantage of women that had over indulged, no party was innocent there (on the drinks front). All were discretely moved along, put into seperate cabs (of trusted drivers we knew) and got home safely.

We have all had too much one time or another - but there used to be a social contract which seems to be void for many these days

I don't blame the girls - I blame the society that makes these guys think it's ok

"At the mercy of those around you" - sad world we live in.

Many years ago I was on a no drinky streak, my Snr manager asked me to go to the Xmas party as a chaperone, yes a chaperone. Frankly it was disgusting to see how many guys I worked with that tried to take advantage of women that had over indulged, no party was innocent there (on the drinks front). All were discretely moved along, put into seperate cabs (of trusted drivers we knew) and got home safely.

We have all had too much one time or another - but there used to be a social contract which seems to be void for many these days

I don't blame the girls - I blame the society that makes these guys think it's ok
That's my point. The world is full of scum bags just looking for an opportunity.

And yet... most of us have been there at some point.

It's not a guys responsibly to know if a girl has over indulged.... Plenty of guys wake up next to girls they normally wouldn't unless helped by alcamahol...

Let me just say, there's a big difference between a woman who's drunk and agrees to her actions.... and someone who has been forced into something. Someone who has been forced into something against their will should be defended without question.

But everyone makes stupid decisions when drunk and a girl sleeping with someone who she normally wouldn't isn't any different than a guy sleeping with a girl whom he usually wouldn't.

If this girl from the States made a drunken mistake... that's her issue.
If Hayne forced himself on her, he must pay....

But honestly, I get sick of hearing that it's a guys responsibility to be the woman's alcohol monitor. Women are big girls and they should be no less mature and responsible than the guys they are in company with. Anything less is a cop out.

Sorry my friend but there is no excuse for rape.

It's not a guys responsibly to know if a girl has over indulged.... Plenty of guys wake up next to girls they normally wouldn't unless helped by alcamahol...

Let me just say, there's a big difference between a woman who's drunk and agrees to her actions.... and someone who has been forced into something. Someone who has been forced into something against their will should be defended without question.

But everyone makes stupid decisions when drunk and a girl sleeping with someone who she normally wouldn't isn't any different than a guy sleeping with a girl whom he usually wouldn't.

If this girl from the States made a drunken mistake... that's her issue.
If Hayne forced himself on her, he must pay....

But honestly, I get sick of hearing that it's a guys responsibility to be the woman's alcohol monitor. Women are big girls and they should be no less mature and responsible than the guys they are in company with. Anything less is a cop out.
A few points of order

1 - if you can't "score" with this girl when she is sober you are agreeing that her judgement is clearly inhibited if you can when she is drunk. That is a murky path in my view

2 - nothing was mentioned about "alcohol monitor", clearly I am from a different generation, I think it just decency.

Let's be clear we are discussing a cultural problem not the issue with the player, that is now a civil matter amd will be heard. Too often we hear of assaults where alcohol is a factor, it is a problem and as a society we tend to blame the victim - why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10