Jamie Lyon to the Titans?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Has Jamie Buhrer asked for a release? (joking guys)

Sorry couldnt help but take the opening. True a rumour can start from a flippant word or two cant it.

Bearfax said:
Has Jamie Buhrer asked for a release? (joking guys)

Sorry couldnt help but take the opening. True a rumour can start from a flippant word or two cant it.

I expect Rothfield to run with it tomorrow.

Cap rise won't help Titans' bid for Lyon

Date January 22, 2013
Brad Walter

A $1.4 million increase to this year's salary cap is expected to be approved within days by NRL players, but cashed up Gold Coast officials don't believe it will help their bid to entice Jamie Lyon from Manly.

After releasing Scott Prince (Brisbane), Beau Champion (South Sydney), Dominique Peyroux (Warriors) and Kayne Lawton and Brenton Lawrence (both Manly) from their contracts, the Titans last week made an audacious approach for Lyon but the Sea Eagles captain opted to stay put.

The Titans, who are tipped to appoint Greg Bird and Nate Myles as co-captains for the upcoming season, also missed out on NSW Origin centre Michael Jennings after he was released by Penrith to Sydney Roosters. However, Gold Coast coach John Cartwright said the club won't be rushed into making a signing and admitted that Lyon was now unlikely to make the move north.

''I would say so - if it was going to happen it would have been last week,'' Cartwright said on Monday. ''Jamie is one of the best in the game so if he was available we would be silly not to have a go. We've got money in the bank to make an offer but it is not just going to be to anyone.''

The expected salary cap rise from $4.4 million to $5.8 million under the new collective bargaining agreement between the NRL and the Rugby League Players Association may even make the Titans task harder as Manly will have more room to accommodate Lyon for the rest of his career.

The Sea Eagles should also have no problems fitting star fullback Brett Stewart's new contract under the salary cap once the new agreement is finalised.

Other key components of the deal are a rise in the minimum wage to $80,000, a $100,000 rise in the marquee player allowance to $400,000 and improvements to the players' retirement fund and injury insurance.

Meanwhile, Wests Tigers prop Matt Groat will require surgery for a toe injury sustained at training last week.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/cap-rise-wont-help-titans-bid-for-lyon-20130121-2d39v.html#ixzz2Ie6FElU2

"The Titans, who are tipped to appoint Greg Bird and Nate Myles as co-captains for the upcoming season"... the perfect choice, one who glasses his girlfriend and blames his best mate and one who does'nt know your not supposed to **** on the floor...

Berkeley_Eagle said:
it seems very far fetched to me that Jamie asked for a release

Reading the statement that Killer released, i'd go so far as to say that whether he asked for a release or not, it came across to me that he was quite pissed off with the Titans for leaking it. I'd say that was the only window they had and they blew it.

swoop said:

Date January 22, 2013
Brad Walter

A $1.4 million increase to this year's salary cap is expected to be approved within days by NRL players, but cashed up Gold Coast officials don't believe it will help their bid to entice Jamie Lyon from Manly.

After releasing Scott Prince (Brisbane), Beau Champion (South Sydney), Dominique Peyroux (Warriors) and Kayne Lawton and Brenton Lawrence (both Manly) from their contracts, the Titans last week made an audacious approach for Lyon but the Sea Eagles captain opted to stay put.

The Titans, who are tipped to appoint Greg Bird and Nate Myles as co-captains for the upcoming season, also missed out on NSW Origin centre Michael Jennings after he was released by Penrith to Sydney Roosters. However, Gold Coast coach John Cartwright said the club won't be rushed into making a signing and admitted that Lyon was now unlikely to make the move north.

''I would say so - if it was going to happen it would have been last week,'' Cartwright said on Monday. ''Jamie is one of the best in the game so if he was available we would be silly not to have a go. We've got money in the bank to make an offer but it is not just going to be to anyone.''

The expected salary cap rise from $4.4 million to $5.8 million under the new collective bargaining agreement between the NRL and the Rugby League Players Association may even make the Titans task harder as Manly will have more room to accommodate Lyon for the rest of his career.

The Sea Eagles should also have no problems fitting star fullback Brett Stewart's new contract under the salary cap once the new agreement is finalised.

Other key components of the deal are a rise in the minimum wage to $80,000, a $100,000 rise in the marquee player allowance to $400,000 and improvements to the players' retirement fund and injury insurance.

Meanwhile, Wests Tigers prop Matt Groat will require surgery for a toe injury sustained at training last week.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/cap-rise-wont-help-titans-bid-for-lyon-20130121-2d39v.html#ixzz2Ie6FElU2

The News Ltd version of this story: "All clubs soon to have an extra $1.4m to raid Manly"?

swoop said:

Date January 22, 2013
Brad Walter

This is an example of professional journalism. He reported the news - the facts - without polluting it with personal opinion. A pleasure to read.

What a difference between Brad Walter and Phil Rothfield.

What a difference between Fairfax and News Ltd.

That story in the Brisbane paper is also in the Sydney Morning Herald this morning.

Isn't it time for the to build a side?

The English Fb they have can play
Every couple of weeks hear stories of Milford being home sick
Get the raiders half as well.
Pick up Linnett and with out offering Preston a contract to come back you've got a fair side.
Srama is getting better as well

eagles2win said:

Pick up Linnett and with out offering Preston a contract to come back you've got a fair side.

Either you are drunk or I am, because I didn't understand any of that.

eagles2win said:

Who the hell is Milford and Preston

http://digitaledition.manlydaily.com.au/#folio=70 for Saturday 26th

'Zorba's View' has Jamie Lyon v Titans last word - Titans last Team he would sign with :p

16k6tms.jpg

Sorry ladies and gentleman, I have to say this.
1. I want to root Jamie Lyon in the least gay way possible.
2. Our roster / club rocks.
3. Lets get Cliffy GC (AKA Cam) back and posting !

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Ryan said:

1. Use an armpit.
2. Yes. Yes, it does.
3. Agreed.

Do you think the Titans were accidentally negotiated for the wrong Lyon(s). I heard Cliffy recently was getting excited about an offer to move to the Gold Coast for a bit of sunbaking and game time with the local team. At his age he would still probably be the star of their show...but what more would you expect.

Hamster Huey said:
Ryan said:

1. Use an armpit.
2. Yes. Yes, it does.
3. Agreed.

+1

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10