Jamie Lyon to the Titans?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm glad this all seems to be dying down. If Jamie's original statement was the truth then he will sign beyond 2013. I don't believe he asked for a release it would be far too risky to outright deny it if he did. Sea eagles for 2013!

Am I looking at this too simply, or is this all a huge storm in a tea cup? Seems this is what's happened so far:

Objective: Manly and Killer wanted to determine Killer's market worth for his next contract.

Method: Killer's manager "surveys the market".

Result: Titans are desperate for Killer and provide this info via an offer. Offer rejected. Titans CEO & Rothfield jump the gun (incorrectly assuming the massive offer must succeed), and make total fools of themselves. When the offer fails, Titans CEO & Rothfield desperately try to create diversions to hide their incompetence and amateurish ill-judgement. Killer sets the record straight and their pathetic diversions all crumble, making them look even more foolish.

Haha.

The Titans CEO seems out of his depth, and that is before considering the possibility that the ludicrous postings on the Titans forum are from him. Tough times ahead for the Titans it seems.

2013 will be Lyon's last season as a Sea Eagle unless he accepts a 2 year extension.

Briza said:
2013 will be Lyon's last season as a Sea Eagle unless he accepts a 2 year extension.

I'm ok with that. He will be going on 32 then. No 32 year old centre should be offered a three year deal IMO, I don't care who they are. Anyone 32 or over should be a year to year proposition only. Look at Matt Cooper at the Dragons. One of the best centres in the game in his prime, but now even the dragons fans are saying he has hung around too long. And they're stuck with him again in 2013. I don't want that to happen to Jamie.

I've noticed a few "journos" still sticking to the original hysterical story about Killer leaving this year, despite what's actually been said by Jamie in the last few days.

If someone had the time we should run a journo table for writing incorrect jibber for the 2013 season. We could have a points for and against column. I'd be amazed if any of them came close to being in the positive.

^ Sounds like a job for.....

Dan's new-ish blog/website thingy where you can post b/s stories too.

Or someone else.

Stevo said:
So is Jamie Lyon a Titan yet or what?
It's possible.

In Greek mythology, the Titans were a primeval race of powerful deities, descendants of Earth and Heaven, that ruled during the legendary Golden Age. They were immortal huge beings of incredible strength and stamina.

Jamie isn't huge but he has most of the other qualities...

One of the points I was trying to make is that in a situation like this the only people who gain an advantage are the Titans, The Player Manager and Jamie--- it's none of our business until something is signed and delivered. I'm not saying or even implying that the situation was created to improve Jamies next contract negotiations what I am saying is that all the above parties are happy in some ways with the reaction and can only benefit Jamie in the long run.

I actually feel sorry for Jamie having to cave in to the pressure from fans and the media to clarify a situation that was probably not of his making.(even if he benefits from the added attention)

All that was required from Jamie was to speak to his employer which I'm sure he did about the situation and then the Manly Club as a whole releasing a simple short effective statement about the matter.

“Jamie Lyon is contracted to the end of the 2013 season and hopefully beyond any reports suggesting Jamie has asked for a release or that a release is imminent is laughable and beyond belief.”

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8