Jamie Lyon to the Titans?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
i hope this ends with frothfield looking like a douche (again).. sadly though either way its a win for the telegraph, all those hits to keep the advertisers happy, ultimately its all they want, couldn't care less about subject matter.

My titan buddies have been spruiking it up here for a couple of days.thought it was utter bull**** but i have a nasty feeling it aint.

All over the media outlets lots of speculation. If its true as Ive said good luck to him he broke his back for Manly and I have nothing but praise for the guy , we will survive.

If this is true, it's going to put a real dampener on what is shaping up as a great 2013.

For f*%s sake, give him whatever he wants.

I'll wait for the club to make any announcement. And just sit here crapping myself till then.

simon64 said:
If this is true, it's going to put a real dampener on what is shaping up as a great 2013.

For f*%s sake, give him whatever he wants.

I'll wait for the club to make any announcement. And just sit here crapping myself till then.
Me too

I can't believe the club would not give the BEST player a 4 or 5 year deal. I rather keep Jamie than all these other first graders combined -
George Rose, David Williams, Brent Kite, Steve Matai (even though he's awesome), Vic Mauro, Ben Farrar, Joe Galuvao.... and more.

Don't tell me there's not enough money combined here to make room for Jamie Lyon? MORE THAN ENOUGH!

if true,he is our heart and soul gone.Add that to the fact that Esi Tonga or Ben Farrer will be in the centres and it makes for a very difficult year.i rate him that highly i thought we could win it.Without him fringe 8 at best.

If the club is having a press conference I'll take it as bad news, if it was good news they'd just deny it and say he's staying

Ramrod said:
I can't believe the club would not give the BEST player a 4 or 5 year deal. I rather keep Jamie than all these other first graders combined -
George Rose, David Williams, Brent Kite, Steve Matai (even though he's awesome), Vic Mauro, Ben Farrar, Joe Galuvao.... and more.

Don't tell me there's not enough money combined here to make room for Jamie Lyon? MORE THAN ENOUGH!

Its that kind of thought that ruins clubs. Didn't you see what happened to the Panthers with Jennings? You cannot be a one player team in the modern game. Depth is important. Hamstringing the club with too many years and too many dollars is not the right thing to do at this point in Jamies career. Im glad that Perry has set limits for years and dollars for all of our players, even our most important ones.

Mals, I didn't say he was on triple the money. I was implying that if we are only looking for $150-200k a season extra, get rid of Wolfy to keep Lyon.

Wolfy has not been a good return on investment, when he is on the field he is outstsanding, but due to bad luck he has been off the field far more than on it.

Yes, we've seen it all before with Fulton and Vautin, but to my mind Jamie Lyon is a more influential player than both of them. Still hoping he sees out his career with us. Be nice to get through at least one pre-season without bull**** like this…

I feel sick right now,and it aint the heat either,why still salary cap pressure,we have let heaps go and they will increase it this year,good old Des,must have done a right old job with ours

I see nothing wrong with killer approaching his boss and saying - "look I know we have a deal, but these guys are throwing silly $$$ my way. Boss what can we do?"

A good boss will say "you have worked hard for us and deserve this, we can't give you the same offer so we won't stand in your way"

As has been said by others it's business. I'll be gutted to see him go, but he has given us consistent and loyal service

Echo's DCE's contract negotiations. Surely just Lyons manager working his magic to extend Manly's current offer further than 2 years

faithful said:
For all you newbys out there we have seen this before with Bobby Fulton and Paul Vautin , we will survive.

Newby my ass. I've been a fan even before you graced a diaper.
It's only natural that we want to keep the best. Jamie is the BEST.
You can't possibly think Vautin is in the same class as Killer and Bozo?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8