James Roberts

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Bozo must want him bad. This Roberts rumour isn't moving, even after some have him signing with Brisbane. Thing is the cooling off period hasn't finished feathered Friends. We can still counter offer. When the bald man wants a player, he won't give up without a fight. This sounds like one such fight. Just hope walkers staying. Kelly to the wing.

Problem is Roberts.

He walked out on his Titans contract to play under Bennett, even though the Titans were giving him more money :confused:
Yes but Manly are at least as successful as Brisbane. The Titans weren't close to being contenders when he was there. Plus we have Bozo as that patriarchal figure to replace Bennett. Then there's the quality of our squad, more money and of course the famous Northern Beaches lifestyle. The lifestyle Manly offers is possibly one of the biggest advantages we have as a club, and something that very few other clubs can compete with us. A Panthers mate of mine said it best "Your mob will never win a spoon because there will always be decent players attracted to the lifestyle on offer." And that in itself is as much a part of the fabric or culture of the place as anything I believe.

Problem is Roberts.

He walked out on his Titans contract to play under Bennett, even though the Titans were giving him more money :confused:
Broncs probably offered **** all, but promised two thirds in 3rd party deals. Money talks & if we've offered much more, we're in with a chance. Money to burn we have.

Expecting a decision on James Roberts future in the next few weeks with mail that he is going to sign with Manly on a bigger contract that he is on at Brisbane. If so, I feel for Kelly as once his body starts to grow he could be a real top class centre.
Quote : Kelly COULD grow into to a real top centre ????
A BIRD/SEA EAGLE or a JET IN THE HAND
is BETTER than two uncertain COULD be's in the bush feathered friends
With Jimmy the Jet what you see
*****UNLESS YOU BLINK******
is what you get !!!
lbgf-mp3-youll-miss-it-2-600x600.png

I watched Roberts last night. Must say I badly underrated him. He doesnt just have speed, he has very good footwork, and a lot more strength than I thought. His defence isnt amazing, but its solid enough. I wouldnt be unhappy if we signed him, actually quiet excited after his game last night. Just a couple of questions surrounding him. He plays right, so does Walker im sure roberts could play left though. Kelly has plenty of potential, is it right to just get rid of him, i think we should be patient with him, and Roberts doesnt have a great record in sydney.

I watched Roberts last night. Must say I badly underrated him. He doesnt just have speed, he has very good footwork, and a lot more strength than I thought. His defence isnt amazing, but its solid enough. I wouldnt be unhappy if we signed him, actually quiet excited after his game last night. Just a couple of questions surrounding him. He plays right, so does Walker im sure roberts could play left though. Kelly has plenty of potential, is it right to just get rid of him, i think we should be patient with him, and Roberts doesnt have a great record in sydney.
If Kelly can play wing then maybe we shift Taufua to bench, with Jorge playing in the forwards (second-row) and have no utility. Although then we'd have no goal kicker. I don't know, great yet terrible signing if it were true (which it likely wont be)

What made the great Arko build the most successful club in the modern era was that he was a shrewd operator who had the vision to get quality players in our club and the courage to make the tough decisions.
Like the great Arko the Immortal has followed suit .
If you cant beat them then buy them
Taupau, Walker, Jimmy the Jet
Why change a winning formula
GOD BLESS ARKO
GOD BLESS BOZO
GOD BLESS THE MIGHTY SEA EAGLES !!!
4c8ceedfd7575a22a6d9cb091d0dfc89.jpg

2017 Jimmy the Jet is 24 years old & Kelly is 21
Look at this footage of Roberts in action in 2011 at the age of 18 in debut for South Sydney. Absolute freak /Match Winner !!!
Arko ....
To win the big games
We need the big names

Quote : Kelly COULD grow into to a real top centre ????
A BIRD/SEA EAGLE or a JET IN THE HAND
is BETTER than two uncertain COULD be's in the bush feathered friends
With Jimmy the Jet what you see
*****UNLESS YOU BLINK******
is what you get !!!
View attachment 6004
Living by grace, nice @BOZO nice.

Yes but Manly are at least as successful as Brisbane. The Titans weren't close to being contenders when he was there. Plus we have Bozo as that patriarchal figure to replace Bennett. Then there's the quality of our squad, more money and of course the famous Northern Beaches lifestyle. The lifestyle Manly offers is possibly one of the biggest advantages we have as a club, and something that very few other clubs can compete with us. A Panthers mate of mine said it best "Your mob will never win a spoon because there will always be decent players attracted to the lifestyle on offer." And that in itself is as much a part of the fabric or culture of the place as anything I believe.
The biggest drawcard we have is Barrett's already established relationship with Roberts from the Penrith days. They got along well when Baz was assistant coach under Cleary. Our players love Barrett so you can only assume that his reputation in and around playing circles is positive.

The other thing in our favour is Roberts has a child living in Sydney.

I know Walker is definitely not being squeezed out the door and I know we are definitely chasing Roberts and have been for months. It will be mighty hard to pry him away from Brisbane's open cheque book and Bennett's manipulative streak, but we can try.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...b/news-story/65bc4cf9920933d2d21285e35f31b13f
Brisbane Broncos’ James Roberts to sign a new deal with the club
TRAVIS MEYN and RIKKI-LEE ARNOLD, The Courier-Mail
July 21, 2017 4:23pm

THE Jet will not be departing Brisbane, with lightning centre James Roberts to ink a new deal with the Broncos.

Roberts will become the latest player to commit to Wayne Bennett’s premiership pursuit when he signs off on a likely three-year extension, possibly as early as next week.

Rum
Exactly Wayne wants to keep him so it is a matter of the thoroughbreds buying some more paper bags and then Roberts can re-sign for $200k under the cap and $500k cash
All the players at Brisbane have been telling him to stay, that they all want him and are building a young guns team.
Its only about the money and roberts will go with the money.
Game. Set. Match Brisbane.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...b/news-story/65bc4cf9920933d2d21285e35f31b13f
Brisbane Broncos’ James Roberts to sign a new deal with the club
TRAVIS MEYN and RIKKI-LEE ARNOLD, The Courier-Mail
July 21, 2017 4:23pm

THE Jet will not be departing Brisbane, with lightning centre James Roberts to ink a new deal with the Broncos.

Roberts will become the latest player to commit to Wayne Bennett’s premiership pursuit when he signs off on a likely three-year extension, possibly as early as next week.
Another 100k a year signing.
Gee they are good negotiators the donkeys.
However do they do it?
Toddles must be proud..

Quite a bit of intrigue to the whole matter. Brian Kelly is still contracted to Manly for next year, Jorge and even Parker surprisingly still unsigned for the Sea Eagles . Moga departing the Broncs for the Knights, so hard to imagine that Bennett would willing let Roberts go but every indication is that Manly are certainly still interested . According again to a sports report some weeks ago , Roberts current contract value is 300 grand and he is requesting more then this figure for any future contract .Not so much a question of him reforming completely but ideally Roberts has now just become more responsible and his attacking football brilliance is as dynamic as ever . Kelly as a future winger to accommodate Roberts joining Manly , i have seen worse outcomes in order to acquire a match winning capable player. Can BOZO [1] and our BOZO [2] entice him here ,does seem an appealing proposition but also still seems long odds but who really knows . However then there would almost certainly be no big name forward signing if this Roberts signing does eventuate for Manly .

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8