The Take on Jake

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
People quickly seem to forget that when Jake was sin-binned in the finals last year, our whole defensive structure went to the ****ter and we were carved straight up the middle.

Earlier in the 2019 season, we had players in the bin and were able to hold on comfortably.

You think the losses are bad this year. Take Jake out and our middle, which is probably the best defensive part of the side, gets torn to shreds and we have 50 put on us more than just once this year.

I've lost count of the times Jake has saved the likes of Levi and co. by making a last ditch tackle.

Yes I am surprised how quickly some are turning on Jake T, absolute champion who gives his all every game. No doubt he does makes some errors and gives away penalties but tell me a player who doesn’t? Definitely not through lack of trying or not caring

Okay I've had enough, I've seen for months people blowing up about Jake being over paid and how Jake is just a tackle bot and offers nothing else.

Just seen it again in another thread and I cant take it anymore.

Complete disrespect to a player who has been our best and fairest in 3 of our last 5 seasons (2019, 2018, 2015) and who is our current spiritual leader.

So lets take a look at the hysteria, it is justified or simply petulant fans trying to lash out where they can.

I jumped onto the foxsports stats lab to compare Jake to other locks in attacking stats (I assume nobody has issues with defense)

So here we go

TRY ASSISTS = equal 2nd
1. Murray - 4
2.TRBOJEVIC - 3
2. Peachey - 3
3. Elliott - 2
3. Glasby - 2

TRY CONTRIBUTIONS = equal 3rd
1. Fisher-Harris - 3
1. Brown - 3
3. TRBOJEVIC - 2
3. Carrigan - 2
3. Yeo - 2

TRIES = equal 4th
1. Faasuamaleaui - 5
1. Faitala-Mariner - 5
3. Asofa-Solomona - 3
4. TRBOJEVIC - 2
4. Murray - 2

TOTAL TRY INVOLVEMENTS = 1st
1. TRBOJEVIC - 7
2. Murray - 6
3. Yeo - 5
3. Faitala-Mariner - 5
3. Faasuamaleaui - 5

LINE BREAKS = equal 6th
1. Yeo - 6
2. Faasuamaleaui - 5
2. Faitala-mariner - 5
2. Peachey - 5
5. Taumalolo - 4
6. TRBOJEVIC - 3

LINE BREAK ASSISTS = equal 2nd
1. Murray - 6
2. TRBOJEVIC - 4
2. Finucane - 4
4. McInnes - 3
4. Harris - 3

Tackle busts he is obviously well down the chart but that is not the role we are playing him.

PENALTIES CONCEDED
Jake has conceded 6 which is equal 33rd worst forward with 13 other players so 46 forwards have conceded 6 or more.

Jake is one of the best forwards in the game and we are lucky to have him....it blows my mind that people don't see that

Great post! From 2015 onwards I have always had the highest regard for Jake

Love the bloke... if only we had four more like him.
4 more of him on 900k each? shirley you jest.

Averages at least 1 set restart given away per game with 3 in a game twice.

I love him but 400k overpaid so the "unders bros" stay at Manly.

Yeah we can all say we would have done a lot better if Tom played, but he didn't...and he would not have been enough for us to COMPETE this year, even if he did.
We have very serious TOTAL MONIES AVAILABLE issues that are TOTALLY on DCE, Tom and Jake.

We will have a similar injury run next year as we have been having and throwing huge money at "unders" guys, hoping they will carry us to a premiership is beyond naive.

Not aimed at you buddy.

Last edited:

Yeah we can all say we would have done a lot better if Tom played, but he didn't...and he would not have been enough for us to COMPETE this year, even if he did.
We have very serious TOTAL MONIES AVAILABLE issues that are TOTALLY on DCE, Tom and Jake.

We will have a similar injury run next year as we have been having and throwing huge money at "unders" guys, hoping they will carry us to a premiership is beyond naive.

Not aimed at you buddy.
Yeah I was thinking the other day if Tom stays fit and dce goes down we are in a similar position. I do think Jake is overpaid tho by 200k

I’ve been one of the guys who’s had a few things to say about Jake......not because I dislike him or think he’s useless. I love the guy & think he is integral to our forward pack but I do think he’s overpaid by around $200,000! What got me irritated was the “we should get rid of Marty” agenda so we can go out into the market for other players. Marty showed on the weekend what he’s worth to us! He WAS our best forward along with AFB & Siro. He’s not overpaid for what he brings to our team! I believe our forward pack at full strength & injury free is the best in the league & wouldn’t swap them for anyone! Our pack is well balanced, intimidating & I’m sure other teams feel the same.....like I said I think Jake is overpaid but at the same time I don’t think Marty is!
AFB
Fainu
Marty
Olakau’atu
Siro
Jake
Res: Paseka, Keppie, Sipley, Gosiewski, Boyle, Saddler, Titmuss.........
A new assistant coach next year to replace Cartwright, a motivational forwards coach in Spud Carroll & we would kick ar$e!!!
Our backs have been the issue & again at full strength plus the emergence of a few newbies we have the nucleus of a speedy backline who will cause problems for other teams next year!
Tom T
Funa
Suli
Walker
Harper
Schuster
DCE
Res: Cust, Hoppa, Garrick, Parker, Ben T, Taufua....plus a few ‘experienced’ additions!
With the departure of Elliott, Waddell, Croker & a few others we can still afford to go to market.

Last edited:

Not aimed at you buddy.
I do agree with the sentiment that he is 400K overpaid.

Awesome character, great passion, gritty in defence but if he is ever injured our attack will probably run a little smoother and our defence will be the only thing to suffer a noticeable negative impact, but not a 900K-type impact.

If he wasn't related to tom i don't think anyone could justify 900K. I love Jake though but if we're realistic he isn't a gamebreaker or significant line-bender. Good leader, needs to slim down a bit and move back to prop for mine and he might become a lot more valuable

I guess we are buying the family which adds a hundred K to his value

So Jake is a $500k a year forward?..... @:D @:D

Also, given how incredibly marketable the Trbojevic brothers are....does anyone know as fact what portion of their contract is actually tied to the cap?

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8