Jake Simpkin signed until 2026

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

joeboy

Bencher
I really liked parts of his game, but didn’t think the speed off his passing was as good as everyone else, he was accurate, but it still looked slow release and slow through the air to me and compared to other hookers.

I will watch more closely this weekend.

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Why are you assuming that's a negative, unless you perceive it that way ya negative banana? See how we can both play that game? I may have been looking forward to Croker's return? How about you think about Lawton and Croker in more a positive light?

You always lean on pessimism.

Oh, and my comments today are mostly directed at our recruitment and retention. If you've thought that has been anywhere NEAR a positive, then I honestly think you just straight out hate our club. Wanting the status quo is the epitome of negativity. Wanting positive change, and being angry or frustrated at our current situation is the epitome of positivity - how you like that Mr toxic positivity?

Hi B2.

We are singing from the same hymn-book re: recruitment and retention.

Scorpio

Armchair Expert
I think Simpkin will be a keeper BUT it's also worth pointing out that after 2 games last year, some here were completely sold on GCKT as our next #9, which did not transpire.

I think the coach and staff are slowly but surely making pragmatic decisions regarding retention. Some of the long deals they've given some players are a bit concerning but I suppose it depends on the price.

Ryan

Journey Man
Hi B2.

We are singing from the same hymn-book re: recruitment and retention.

So we are in the same boat, but you rag me for vocalizing it? If you haven't noticed, I don't really bag individual players anymore (as much as possible). It's a team sport. I also don't think Siebold (or coaching) is the problem (we've had so many different types) either.

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
So we are in the same boat, but you rag me for vocalizing it? If you haven't noticed, I don't really bag individual players anymore (as much as possible). It's a team sport. I also don't think Siebold (or coaching) is the problem (we've had so many different types) either.
Rag you? Lmao.
Lighten up.

Also, if you dont think Seibold is a problem, why bag future Seibold for future picking Croker and Lawton, whilst future dropping Simpkin?

You're being negative on something that may or may not even happen in the future.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Croker will be immediately thrown back in the team upon his return, and Lawton straight back into the 14.

I agree in that Lawton will go back to the bench. But it won't be as the 14, if you count the 14 being the backup hooker / utility spot. He'll be back primarily as a back rower who just happens to be able to fill in at hooker.

I won't go so far as to pre-empt Seibold and say he'll keep Simpkin in the 9 and put Croker in the 14. But while I can see Froggy coming straight back into the team, I'm not so certain when they're trying to protect him from a possible neck injury, that it will be as the starting dummy half. If Simpkin is still playing anything like he did on Sunday he might ... might ... keep the starting spot.

LeonardCohen

Bencher
I think this is another area where the Shu situation really hurts us. I think in an ideal world Ben T is on the bench to cover outside backs and forwards. With him starting every week there is no natural cover which is why rather than a hooker or forward we end up with Karl who is sort of both but neither
I think Ben is a better edge forward than Schu. Runs harder, tackles harder and scores more tries. Schu has a better skill set and that’s it. I’m glad we have Ben and not Bryce Car- i mean Schuster.

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Croker will be immediately thrown back in the team upon his return, and Lawton straight back into the 14.
I'm not so sure, @Ryan I think Seibold could potentially play Lawton and Croker off the bench with two middles. Ideally with Lawton to cover backrow, lock, centre and Froggy to cover hooker and the halves. I can envisage a more mobile bench than we have had, with Bullemore and any of Sipley, Lodge or Waddell taking the last spot. With all players available my pack plus bench would look like this.

Paseka
Simpkin
Aloiai
Burbo
Haumole
Jake

Croker
Lawton
Bullemore
Waddell

Sipley
Lodge

I would play Lawton in a similar role to how Walker is used for the Warriors, and have him come into the side after 20 minutes, with Jake going into the prop rotation.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Croker has been great and completely changed my opinion of him. In my opinion with Lawton heading out the door next season, there is no point persisting with him, we should be moving towards Simpkin so when Froggy is back I would say its those two playing. Froggy is getting toward the end of his career and with his tackling its just expediting things.

We have 100% missed Crokers defence and if we had unlimited interchange, I would say just swap him and Simpkin for attack and defence.

Gordy just hasn't really developed, so I think we need to look at a future where Froggy may be out for long stretches if not retire, neck injuries never really get better and the head knocks the guy gets I think we may see the curtain call soon. So for me let Froggy play out his career dump lawton into the back row whilst we need him there, but once we don't let him head off to his new team. The future at this point appears to be Simpkin and Gordo so lets choose the one we want to be our lead hooker and give him as much game time as possible and then start bringing in the other more slowly once that transition happens

MW66

Reserve Grader
Great summary Dan. For me you have nailed it. I would expect Croker to come back in (apparently, he will be back after the bye) and Simpkins on the bench. Lawton then hopefully will used as a middle/2nd row replacement.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
I'm not so sure, @Ryan I think Seibold could potentially play Lawton and Croker off the bench with two middles. Ideally with Lawton to cover backrow, lock, centre and Froggy to cover hooker and the halves. I can envisage a more mobile bench than we have had, with Bullemore and any of Sipley, Lodge or Waddell taking the last spot. With all players available my pack plus bench would look like this.

Paseka
Simpkin
Aloiai
Burbo
Haumole
Jake

Croker
Lawton
Bullemore
Waddell

Sipley
Lodge

I would play Lawton in a similar role to how Walker is used for the Warriors, and have him come into the side after 20 minutes, with Jake going into the prop rotation.
Brown?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18