• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Whenever I'm having a discussion or debate with ANYONE - instead of adding value to a conversation or debate - you just try and lay the boot in without substantiated discussion.

I have ignored it, and ignored it, hoping it will pass, but you are definately consistent.

All I ask is that you lay off.

I beg to differ, most of the time I do not lay the boot in. Have I ever personally attacked you? some of your points I have even agreed with and often I put forward points I believe valid in response to your posts.

I just think you are :bdh: with some posts that you repeat over and over and over again. Jesus mate I have seen much worse go on here, I am sure you are big enough to deal with it.

But if you want to ban me go ahead, I wont lose any sleep over it.

No - I would never REALLY ban anyone. This place is here for the enjoyment of everyone - and I shouldn't have said it.

BUT there is only one team I support Garts, with 17 players in it, and we have seen the same trend repeat itself for the past 10 weeks. It's hard to discuss differring subjects. That's what the general section is for.

that is true. I guess I just cant be bothered putting my responses down again.

however I still maintain I never personally attacked you.

Where have you boys found the stash of anti-depressants.

1. I still rate Harris and think he will come back to bite us. We only let him go because we are saddled with the Moanaghan fool.

2. Burns is untried, has been playing half back and didn't impress when he did play 5/8th.

3. When the whips were cracking in the 2nd half of the season, against quality sides, we have been found badly wanting.

4. We won without BK - against Souths woohoo, and they didn't have Fletcher and it was Walker's first game for them.

5. Our defence has been a joke and we will go close to registering the 751 points that we did last year.

All I hear from you boys is \"if this happens, if that happens\". All I hear is \"**** happens\".

Reality check - the only improvement in the side is Orford and Bell and we've lost depth to achieve it.

If we have a bad run of injuries next year (say just Orford and BK out for most of the season) we will be wooden spooners.

\"I'm so glad you came, I'm so glad you remembered, to see how it ended, this last dance together\".

(Ryan - don't forget that e-mail you sent me today. On the money)

I am not on anti-depressants - I can just remember where we have come from and the fact that at this time last year we were breathing a sigh of relief for avoiding the spoon.

1. Harris is a bitter disappointment and has not reproduced consistent form since being resigned last year. He has been inconsistent and mostly mediocre. He has wonderful skills but hasn't lived up to the hype. For what we are paying him he has been a bitter disappointment.

2. Burns is untried but you could hardly argue that Beaver and Willo at 5/8 has been a raging success. Orford will certainly add creativity though this position much be fixed for 2006.

3. Apart from Cronulla (who I don't rate) our form against the good teams has been okay. It is our form againt the lower ranked teams that has worried me. Our inability to play well away from Brookie has also been of concern. A year under the belt of many of our team will assist in winning away. We did not recover well from Origin but nor did Brisbane or the Cowboys. Parra only had one Origin rep and they have a lot more that can cover him.

4. We do struggle without BK but so did Newcastle and Canberra. Look how long the Knights took to adjust to life without him. Take any two star players our of a team and they may struggle. Souths - who cares!!!

5. Our defence has been improved this year and will go nowhere near 754. It still needs to be better but what has worried me more is the attack, which had degenerated rather than developed. If you don't get repeat seats and good field position you end up having less than 50% of the ball, meaning that you usually lose. That is where we need to pick up our game as possession creates pressure!

6. There is no point 6.

Re depth I am expecting players like Brett Stewart, Watmough, Alberts etc to develop, for young players such as Ballin, Cuthbertson and Glenn Stewart to come through. We have dispensed with some disappointments and I am hoping that there is more good news on the signing front to come. If we are going to spend to our cap, the cash freed up by Harris, Randall, Hill, Hoppa etc has to be worth a few good players. Hopefully the end of the season will unearth a few surprises.

We do have to hope that Orford and BK stay fit but most teams have the same prayer with their star players.

I don't think things are as bad as painted and hopefully a year older and more experience will make us at least competitive in most games we play. i would love to give players semi experience as that would help (forlorn hope now) but surely this season is better than 2004 with some promise for next year.

We will probably end up closer to the spoon this year than we did last year. Ponder that.....

Also, on the turnover issue - we are beaten there even by halfway houses like Souths etc.

What it boils down to is we're the weakest financial entity in the NRL and therefore our head is first on the block should the ill winds of recession blow.

We can't even sell a decent sponsorship it seems.

10th is closer than 13th??

If your talking points then almost everyone is a dissapointment this year as most teams are closer.

As CC said Burns played hooker, made 27 tackles for 1 miss coming off the bench. Made 1 error. Thats a fairly impressive debut for a guy out of position.

Wouldn't it be ironic if it's Penrif that take our spot?

Seeing as we should have put them away the night of Burns' debut.

And they did everything they could to let us win too.

Agree Matabele, many teams have fallen over below us to make the semis.

All Manly has shown is they cannot handle pressure whatsoever.

I'm dissapointed.

Alot of it reflects on coaching imo.

10th is closer than 13th??

If your talking points then almost everyone is a dissapointment this year as most teams are closer.

As CC said Burns played hooker, made 27 tackles for 1 miss coming off the bench. Made 1 error. Thats a fairly impressive debut for a guy out of position.

Also a guy who was playing Flegg last year.

Burns is the answer!

Think of it like this though guys. We haven't been in this position for almost a decade. The players were getting huge wraps etc for probably the 1st time in most of their careers. Tim Sheens has said publicly lately that that kind of press can be VERY damaging.

Also guys - next year we won't have a huge number of BIG name contracts to negotiate, so this Monnas thing won't be happenning again.

Burns is being talked about in the same way as Dorn in 2001. :roll:

Many here have expressed an opinion on Burns and I assume most of seen many of his performances live.I can't recall one negative opinion on this kid. I know you don't see many games so I am struggling with your negative comments regarding Burns. By all means be critical, but at least have some substance with your comments.

"but at least have some substance with your comments."

Andrew Walker did that, and look what happenned to him !!!

The same folk had the wraps on Dorn.

The point is, let's see how the boy goes in the furnace of First Grade before we start having wet dreams about him.

I don't disagree that he hasn't proved himself in the NRL. But as a spectator you watch the lower grades not only to watch the game but to also spot that spceial young kid.

Whilst it galls you that I supported the JV that allowed me to watch North Sydney PL team play when matches were in Gosford.

There was a young bloke in that team that exited me then just as much as Burns does me now, sadly he never really kicked on with Manly, lets hope however that when he next dons a Manly jersey we will all be exited.

Oh, by the way his name was Orford.

I am not convinced Burns has what it takes, guess I have seen too many kill it PL then struggle in the NRL. Will reserve my judgement till he gets a real shot in the big time. He can not be written of yet!!!

One thing about him, he shown more in PL than Witt has. If Witt gets a run over him next season I will be pi$$ed off.

I think Burns & Ballin are GREAT buys - and are the future of the club. Oh yeah - I HAVE seen them play. Regularly.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4