Jack Hetherington

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I do think Hetherington is a good move. We are actually too "gentleman" when it comes to our forwards. I'd rather we bring in a player like Hetherington that gives away penalties for being a grub (aka being a little too competitive) than one that gives away penalties for being lazy (eg. Waddell six-agains)

Good addition if we get him and will hopefully keep our forwards firing and create tension in games

So he has shown massive upside?

Sounds good then, I was worried he was a benchie who was loaned out and has gotten attention from knocking Marty out and getting lippy with JWH.

But as I said.....haven't really paid attention to him so will defer to those who have
He carved up when on loan with the warriors.. had some really good games.

Ok

So you are saying you believe Hethrington would be good value at that price?

I'm not being facetious just asking if he is as good as people make out or its just because he is fiery?
I've watched him a few times and he is worth 400k imo. A massive bloke but very mobile and athletic, can play front row or on edge. I think he has a lot of potential and his style suits the modern game.

I can’t say I’ve seen much of him, but I’m definitely not opposed to the move because he has a bit of fire in him... those are the best players to watch... someone that actually wants to smash his opponent. Matai, Tallis, Burgess. Sign him up

I was today years old when I realised Jack is the son of raiders premiership winner Brett Hetherington, grandson of Bill Mullins.. so that must mean Brett mullins is his uncle

I was today years old when I realised Jack is the son of raiders premiership winner Brett Hetherington, grandson of Bill Mullins.. so that must mean Brett mullins is his uncle
And Warren Mullins is his great uncle

Played 21 matches,suspended for 10,every time he gets suspended now will be for a while.Love him as a player but the guys behind him will get plenty of opportunities with the time he spends on the sideline.Could be another Darcy Lussick who got the crap bagged out of him on this site or another JWH.

Has it been confirmed that Boyle has gone to the Dogs. I know that there was a report but he was signed to the end of 21. If he has gone good chance they will sign Jack as Dogs may have filled their prop rotation. We do have Marty , Paseka, Keppie, Sipley and the three young ones in Fainu Saddler and Titmus on the books already. Would like to see the younger Sironen added to the backrow options to replace Waddell and Thomo.
I actually think some journo screwed up and confused the waddell signing cause I haven't seen/heard it anywhere else... I could be wrong

I liked him too, was on my drunken wish-list last week that had me self-isolate from Silvertails for a week in remorseful shame ;).

What we are willing to dish out on him though....that is the question I can't answer.

What I REALLY don't want to see is Manly starting to become one of those clubs that has to pay overs to attract talent that would gladly go under Nicky's sombrero at 70-80% the amount just to be a part of their perceived 'success'.

I am fine with Hetherington - at the right price. If we are using most of what we recoup from AFB's departure on him, then we know our club has lost its sheen. That's when you know things have really gone sour.

This coming season has a higher level of importance than ever. We simply MUST make an impact, keep our $$ (ie spine) on the paddock, and make a deep run into the finals. With the 2020 squad (and makeshift spine) we simply can't do that.

"The Purge" has to recognise the changes to the game - I will give Des the benefit of the doubt that he had contractually planned for BAU season 2020, not 6-again shortened season with super-long injury list and Fainu on stabby-stabby street.

If Des doesn't learn and adjust then we know the old professor might be past his prime, sad as it is to say - and that is why 'The Purge' is actually encouraging. Who replaces purged fodder is now key - and sniffing around Hetherington (at the right price) actually suggests a wisening up to the modern form of the game.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2