Jack de Belin court case

That is a disgrace if the DPP use the government balance sheet to basically bully someone who could quite possibly be innocent into making a guilty plea because they have been bled of funds
How is that justice or fair?
It isn't justice at all but sadly that is how the justice system can work against you. At times and I say at times Police get cases adjourned and adjourned - each time the case is in court the defendant has to have their Solicitor/Barrister there costing money. I had a friend up on the absolute flimsiest of charges - her boss sent her a text - the friend shared that text and was then sacked and the boss then asked Police to charge her charged for basically sharing "company information" (stealing according to Police) when the text from her boss was a statement slandering my friend. The case went for almost a year with I think 6 adornments all costing her significant dollars and then when the judge refused to accept another adjornment - the Police dropped the case! They were hoping she would plead guilty but she refused and so the Police just kept delaying the case hoping she would plead. They knew they had no evidence She refused but it cost her a packet.

It isn't justice at all but sadly that is how the justice system can work against you. At times and I say at times Police get cases adjourned and adjourned - each time the case is in court the defendant has to have their Solicitor/Barrister there costing money. I had a friend up on the absolute flimsiest of charges - her boss sent her a text - the friend shared that text and was then sacked and the boss then asked Police to charge her charged for basically sharing "company information" (stealing according to Police) when the text from her boss was a statement slandering my friend. The case went for almost a year with I think 6 adornments all costing her significant dollars and then when the judge refused to accept another adjornment - the Police dropped the case! They were hoping she would plead guilty but she refused and so the Police just kept delaying the case hoping she would plead. They knew they had no evidence She refused but it cost her a packet.
It's little wonder the police aren't held in high regard by a good number in the community, when I was young the place I was working at was broken into and I had some personal stuff there which the thieves took with their bounty, on their way out they dropped one of my pieces of property and based on this one thing the head cop investigating decided that I had broken in and had decided to take my own stuff, what sort of idiot would do this was as unfathomable then as it still is today, although I had a cast iron alibi this bastard harassed me for months telling me that I was going down for the robbery, I lost my job because he convinced my boss that I was the one, it was a nightmare, this went on for 6 months then suddenly ended, I couldn't get the cops to tell me what happened all I got out of the grub who was in charge of the case was that he knew I was it and he would eventually get me, I was only a young fella and until that particular time I had nothing but respect for the police, he changed my attitude forever, I don't know about now but apparently back in those days the cops fitted a lot of innocent people up in order to close their cases, I've spent the next 50 years with absolutely no trust or liking for the police force, shame really

It's little wonder the police aren't held in high regard by a good number in the community, when I was young the place I was working at was broken into and I had some personal stuff there which the thieves took with their bounty, on their way out they dropped one of my pieces of property and based on this one thing the head cop investigating decided that I had broken in and had decided to take my own stuff, what sort of idiot would do this was as unfathomable then as it still is today, although I had a cast iron alibi this bastard harassed me for months telling me that I was going down for the robbery, I lost my job because he convinced my boss that I was the one, it was a nightmare, this went on for 6 months then suddenly ended, I couldn't get the cops to tell me what happened all I got out of the grub who was in charge of the case was that he knew I was it and he would eventually get me, I was only a young fella and until that particular time I had nothing but respect for the police, he changed my attitude forever, I don't know about now but apparently back in those days the cops fitted a lot of innocent people up in order to close their cases, I've spent the next 50 years with absolutely no trust or liking for the police force, shame really
See that is just plain wrong for that to happen to you - Disgusting. I was sadly married to a Police Officer..... all I can say is I saw and heard it all. Not many are squeaky clean in the job - you could count on one hand in any particular station across the country how many were above reproach. The culture is... are you part of the "team" or not and if you want to be part of the "team" or "family" as they call it then you play the game - one in all in and snitches are dogs. Not really different to how prisoners see snitches really. They believe their are there to enforce the laws when they want to enforce them and subvert the principles of justice also when they want to. Sad but true reality.

I don’t know if you’ve got Stan @eagleron , but I binged watched a four episode series called "After the night" last night. Set in Perth in the 60’s...all factually true. That was the worst, that it was true. Families, individuals torn apart by lies and corruption by the cops of that era. Your story Ron really resonated with me and this series. Disgusting and heartbreaking. Innocent people framed. The worst was one of the dirty coppers back then still wouldn’t accept or admit the atrocities that occurred because of their bent behaviour. It also reminded me of @Shane4500 account of the "family". Or as one copper I knew in the 80s used to say to me, "you just have to go along to get along".

Last edited:
I don’t know if you’ve got Stan @eagleron , but I binged watched a four episode series called "After the night" last night. Set in Perth in the 60’s...all factually true. That was the worst, that it was true. Families, individuals torn apart by lies and corruption by the cops of that era. Your story Ron really resonated with me and this series. Disgusting and heartbreaking. Innocent people framed. The worst was one of the dirty coppers back then still wouldn’t accept or admit the atrocities that occurred because of their bent behaviour. It also reminded me of @Shane4500 account of the "family". Or as one copper I knew in the 80s used to say to me, "you just have to go along to get along".
All true and certainly not just in the 80's I can assure you

Very similar to Lindy Chamberlain case, police were just so single minded they basically didn’t investigate just got the evidence no matter how rubbery they wanted to frame her

Yeah but no one will sign them cos they would be stood down so effectively leaving them unemployed
But do you really think that is the only reason no-one will sign them!
I suggest most clubs would not be keen to associate themselves with the potential for truly horrendous publicity. Hence the reason even a player of Hayne's standing hasn't been signed, though off contract.
(And yes that would leave them effectively unemployed...along with about a million other Australians, most of whom are not alleged to have committed a serous offence.)

"It presents an alternative which is difficult to contemplate: that the prevailing regime of harsh sanctions and thorough education, of public and private shaming, of incremental cultural change, of getting women into these male workplaces, is not just working too slowly, it is not working at all."

Probably because you can't change ideology without changing the material relationships that produce ideology. While ever women lack equality generally, misogynist attitudes are likely to be most unrestrained in the most male dominated spaces.

Reminds me of people in the US railing against racist cops, as though you can stop that while racism still remains structurally entrenched in the wider community.

Lots of horrible, dirty, things are said in private conversations between friends both blokes and women. I am sure most people at some stage have said things in private that if they knew were going to be plastered all over the media they may have thought twice. I am not a Pearce fan at all nor Crichton, but I think it is pretty poor that their reputations have been scarred because of a private conversation with a mate.
We clearly have different friends

So everything you have ever said in a private conversation with a friend you would be happy to print in the paper? Wow you guys really are saints. I am out of this conversation, I'm happy to admit I am not perfect, so I am not going to pick a fight with all of you righteous perfect people. I will just agree to disagree. P.S. I don't go around saying racist or sexist stuff as a point, but I am not prepared to say I have never said something in private that I may have regretted later.
Don"t think that Seaeagles rock 8 was trying to be sanctimonious in any way but merely pointing out the double standards and hypocrisy at many levels of any society and particularly with numerous high profile identities . Supposed role models and expected at a minimum to promote for instance some basic respect and tolerance but where their private and public outlooks and conduct are in complete contrast . Including high profile sports people and in some cases regrettably , even worse examples .

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2