Jack de Belin court case

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Don"t think that Seaeagles rock 8 was trying to be sanctimonious in any way but merely pointing out the double standards and hypocrisy at many levels of any society and particularly with numerous high profile identities . Supposed role models and expected at a minimum to promote for instance some basic respect and tolerance but where their private and public outlooks and conduct are in complete contrast . Including high profile sports people and in some cases regrettably , even worse examples .
The reason I deleted my post was because I can't support an argument about a right to privacy without sounding like I support these dickheads. I am purely coming from a privacy perspective and I think Pearce and Crichton have been hung out for trial by media. Imagine you had a situation where somebody you were barely friends with at one time in your life called you up and said they are in trouble in this kind of scenario, you may not necessarily believe their story, but you aren't sure, so you just go along with the nature of the call, because now is not the time to call him out and cause trouble for yourself, even though you aren't really sure you say things like "Don't worry mate I am sure she is making it up, she sounds like she is probably crazy anyway, I will check and see with the boys if anyone knows her." even though you are thinking that this person has messed up and you want nothing to do with it so you you are just polite and agreeable to get him off the phone. The next day your name and this convo is plastered all over the papers because the cops tapped the phone. That is what bothers me. Let Debellend fry but pulling the other 2 in because of a private conversation is crappy in my opinion.

Are critics of the rule happy for this deputy principal to front up to school until his case is heard?

Deputy principal thought he was meeting 14yo girl for sex but was greeted by detectives, police say
Don't think this is a valid comparison because the work environment of the NRL player wouldn't (usually) have potential vulnerable victims as does a school.

Inappropriate places for the three current stood down NRL players would be night clubs, pubs & Mormon dances @:)

Don't think this is a valid comparison because the work environment of the NRL player wouldn't (usually) have potential vulnerable victims as does a school.

Inappropriate places for the three current stood down NRL players would be night clubs, pubs & Mormon dances @:)
There should be a clause in every nrl contract prohibiting attendance at Mormon dances. Just asking for trouble!!

I don't support these guys at all and I am disgusted by the suggested circumstances surrounding the allegations. But I agree in fundamental personal rights. We live in a society where privacy is fast becoming extinct. All of our movements are tracked by our mobile phones, cell towers and CCT cameras. Our mobile phones, ipads and computers listen to our words and monitor our online activity then targeting us with advertising. Now we are reading about people's private conversations which frankly should have remained private. I have a real problem with open court proceedings and the press publishing evidence prior to verdict. It is unnecessary and contaminates the following jury if there is a hung jury or mistrial. Victims names are not released but the accused are fair game for the press and social media. How the heck is that a just and equitable system. Our personal civil rights are precious and are disappearing at an alarming rate. We allow it to happen because we love the technology and the convenience that comes with it. But we are paying far too big a price and soon we will have not privacy left.

But isn’t he innocent until proven guilty?

The Dept of Ed has stood him down, just like the nrl stood down de Belin. I agree with the standing down of these accused people btw.

To me there is no difference between the nrl no fault stand down and the Dept’s standing down of this deputy.

I don't support these guys at all and I am disgusted by the suggested circumstances surrounding the allegations. But I agree in fundamental personal rights. We live in a society where privacy is fast becoming extinct. All of our movements are tracked by our mobile phones, cell towers and CCT cameras. Our mobile phones, ipads and computers listen to our words and monitor our online activity then targeting us with advertising. Now we are reading about people's private conversations which frankly should have remained private. I have a real problem with open court proceedings and the press publishing evidence prior to verdict. It is unnecessary and contaminates the following jury if there is a hung jury or mistrial. Victims names are not released but the accused are fair game for the press and social media. How the heck is that a just and equitable system. Our personal civil rights are precious and are disappearing at an alarming rate. We allow it to happen because we love the technology and the convenience that comes with it. But we are paying far too big a price and soon we will have not privacy left.

Nothing is private these days , we all use a mobile phone , we all ( or most) use Google / Maps , we all shop online ( or most) we all have a Medicare card we all pay or have paid tax , a lot get welfare of sorts ( even if only child support ) and we all use social media of sorts ( even ST is a form of that ). We all have bank accounts , ATM cards , credit cards , loans , after pay or whatever .......the list goes on and on and on and every part of that list is a tracking excercise.

Our lives aren’t private and haven’t been for a very long time.

It’s why criminals use prepaid mobiles with fake emails and only use cash.

The modern system knows everything about everybody.

For our legal Eagles - do trial normally go to a 3rd retrial after 2 hung juries?

How so? Five charges still have a hung jury. Only the anal rape charge produced a unanimous not guilty. Prosecution has until May 28 to decide whether to try a third time.
Spot on mate - The journo that posted this tweet then followed up by saying the Prosecution now has until the end of the month to determine if they will press ahead with a third trial.

Given both juries could not reach a verdict in the first two trials how likely that it goes to a third?

If he is found not guilty (and I'm not suggesting he didnt do it just that if a determination comes that there is insufficient evidence), then this opens a can of worms over the No Fault policy. Would he sue?

I've never liked the way the NRL handled this.

The guy has been presumed guilty. I'm no QC but I always thought you had a right to a trial before being sanctioned. Even though I know the NRL is not the legal system.

For our legal Eagles - do trial normally go to a 3rd retrial after 2 hung juries?

Quote from Legal Services

WHAT IS A HUNG JURY?​

A hung jury occurs where the members of the jury cannot agree whether a person is guilty or not guilty.

In the case of a hung jury, there can be a retrial, or the Crown may terminate the criminal proceedings. If there have been two trials with hung juries, it is only in “exceptional circumstances” that there will be a third re-trial.

If he is found not guilty (and I'm not suggesting he didnt do it just that if a determination comes that there is insufficient evidence), then this opens a can of worms over the No Fault policy. Would he sue?
I stand corrected but I’m sure a court has given the No Fault Stand Down policy the all clear as far as it’s legality.The players are fully payed during their stand down period

A judge can determine that "no reasonable jury could reach a verdict" or "there is insufficient evidence for a verdict" and direct a verdict of Not Guilty, or dismiss the case (but judges try to stay out of this).

If the Court won't step in, there is no limit to the number of times they go to trial.

IF He is not guilty he should sue the NRL arse for his loses and more
Where is the innocent before being proved guilty principle from the NRL ?
If he has a good law team he should win Big time .

If the verdict was wrong and the lady was right that would be a devastating thing to happen

I've never liked the way the NRL handled this.

The guy has been presumed guilty. I'm no QC but I always thought you had a right to a trial before being sanctioned. Even though I know the NRL is not the legal system.
I understand your thinking but what image would the game have had if Hayne was allowed to continue to play?(not sure Hayne was actually stood down anyway,it was just that nobody wanted to sign him after his charge so the NRL didn’t have to make a decision)

If the verdict was wrong and the lady was right that would be a devastating thing to happen
As i stated

As I stated before,I’m pretty sure the NRL have been given the all clear as far as the legality of the No Fault Stand Down policy by a court.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6