Jack de Belin court case

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So, if the first verdict came back as 11-1 & the judge sent them back for further deliberation, the second verdict must have been 10-2 (or any other variable other than 11-1), as we know from the article @Bearfax posted the judge could call 11-1 as a majority verdict, so at least 1 juror must have changed their decision.

All we can know for certain is that there were at least 2 on each side who made it clear there was no way they were ever going to change their view. They have to deliberate for at least 8 hours, that means time in the jury room, not counting lunch breaks etc. Only after that can the judge ask if there is a chance of a majority verdict, and if the answer is still no then that's all we can deduce really. Doesn't mean anyone changed their mind.

So, if the first verdict came back as 11-1 & the judge sent them back for further deliberation, the second verdict must have been 10-2 (or any other variable other than 11-1), as we know from the article @Bearfax posted the judge could call 11-1 as a majority verdict, so at least 1 juror must have changed their decision.
I don’t think so. If not unanimous the judge can ask if they can get to 11-1. Obviously they couldn’t. So at least 2 were not agreeing with the rest.

I don’t think so. If not unanimous the judge can ask if they can get to 11-1. Obviously they couldn’t. So at least 2 were not agreeing with the rest.

EDIT: Okay dont mind me, I was basing my calculations on what I thought was an announcement that the first verdict returned was 11-1.

Where did I get that idea from? :D

That's what I believe is called a "strawman" lol

Exactly.

So initially 11-1, sent back by judge to reconsider, failed to reach unanimous (12-0) or majority verdict (11-1 again) means it wasnt 12-0 or 11-1, so could only have been 10-2, 9-3, 8-4, etc.

Meaning at least 1 juror must have changed their initial decision, no?

Last edited:
That's not such a silly thought, and it may be why a future trial could be held in Sydney.

I’m actually a little bit surprised that wasn’t considered in the first place. Sure, there are Dragons fans in Sydney - but it’s not an ‘overwhelming, rabid majority’ situation like it is in the Illawarra.

I work with several younger, female dragons fans whose opinions about this case were pretty obviously coloured by that from the get-go, TBH. All ‘poor Jack, he should be able to play until he goes to court, imagine what the poor guy is going through, look at all the damage it’s done to his career and life’ etc. Fairly shocking when you consider these are young women, about the same age as JDB and his girlfriend/fiancé - and one was also pregnant when this all came to light. You’d think even if she couldn’t raise any sympathy for the alleged victim, she might’ve been able to at least recognise the ****ty way ‘poor Jack’ has treated a woman not too different from herself by cheating on his pregnant partner. But apparently he’s a dragons player and therefore beyond reproach.

No-one knows how they were split except the jury members themselves. The DPP will consider all aspects of how the case played out, as well as the attitude of the complainant, in making a decision about a re-trial.
lol I never said how they were split my contribution here was based on ifs. But they were split lol. I will just be surprised it it proceeds to another trial... just my view.

lol I never said how they were split my contribution here was based on ifs. But they were split lol. I will just be surprised it it proceeds to another trial... just my view.
I was just commenting on you speculating that the DPP decision for a new trial might depend on what the jury split was. But the DPP wouldn't know the split, no-one does. That's all I meant.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6