Jack de Belin court case

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Acres is another Imperial that real estate agents still add to a property write up. A good thing as I’m lost with hectares.
Also, measuring a horse’s height dodged the metric system, a hand is 4”.

I'm still struggling with the demise of cubit measures of gopherwood, sun dials, shekels and minas. Give me chicken entrails any day to foretell what's going to happen to De Bellin for example.

An interesting article on the JdB and Hayne cases. Well worth the read.

Jarryd Hayne, Jack de Belin and the sports players who never learned how to have sex.

"There was no verbal or physical resistance, it was just normal, Mum. I just can't believe it," de Belin said in a text message.

And therein lies the problem.

"Normal".

Normal sex shouldn't leave a woman feeling distressed.

-------------------
And in my view why would a woman put herself through all of this after what may or may not have happened?

An interesting article on the JdB and Hayne cases. Well worth the read.

Jarryd Hayne, Jack de Belin and the sports players who never learned how to have sex.

"There was no verbal or physical resistance, it was just normal, Mum. I just can't believe it," de Belin said in a text message.

And therein lies the problem.

"Normal".

Normal sex shouldn't leave a woman feeling distressed.

-------------------
And in my view why would a woman put herself through all of this after what may or may not have happened?
I understand what you are getting at; however, I think that is a little simplistic. One could easily counter by saying why would a distressed rape victim come out afterwards happy and laughing with two rapists and happily jump in a cab with them to go back out to town again and then take a photo of them with a fan they met on the street.

The truth is, none of us really know what happened, best to let the courts decide it.

I think that’s his point. He didn’t know she was distressed. At least that is what his text to his mum was about.
It doesn’t say anywhere she was distressed and he said that was ok.

And without anyone being there, no one will know if she was or wasn’t. That’s why it’s up to the jury to decide on the situation leading up to the alleged event.

As for women putting themselves through situations like this, I think you’ll find there are plenty of instances of accused rapists being found not guilty.

In her evidence, the alleged victim has stated that she cried during/after the incident, and that JDB’s response was ‘why are you being so emotional?’ (I’m pretty sure I read in another article that it was ‘why are you being so emotional? It wasn’t bad, it was good’ or similar). And they know what Sinclair said, along the same lines, the next day - because it was sent in a text - again, I don’t know why you’re upset, it was a good night etc.

That’s the issue - not realising/understanding why she was upset, and just plain not getting it that you don’t get to be the sole judge of whether something was ‘good’ or not, when it involved other parties who didn’t see it that way.

Yeah I don’t claim to know all the details - gets confusing with the accused and defence statements. I thought I read she got emotional afterwards not during...? But could be wrong.

Getting emotional after is very different to during. The article you quoted above says that Debelin asks her AFTER the event, why she is being so emotional.
I can’t see anywhere where Debelin admits to her being upset during the alleged rape (understanding that she alleged this to be the case)? Maybe I’ve honestly missed that part. All I can read is that Debelin thought there was no issue - until afterwards.

It clearly is a he said she said and that’s now up to the jury to review the before and after evidence to make their decision on who’s telling the truth. Hopefully justice is served.

Yes, he asked her ‘after’, but she states that she started crying while the...ahem...’activities’ (and the cheering his little mate on) were happening. Given what it’s alleged was taking place (ie a ‘spit roast’ type set up), not surprising that the individual behind her wouldn’t have noticed her crying until he was finished. That, and his focus seems to have been more on ‘Cal’ than on the female participant anyway.

In her evidence, the alleged victim has stated that she cried during/after the incident, and that JDB’s response was ‘why are you being so emotional?’ (I’m pretty sure I read in another article that it was ‘why are you being so emotional? It wasn’t bad, it was good’ or similar). And they know what Sinclair said, along the same lines, the next day - because it was sent in a text - again, I don’t know why you’re upset, it was a good night etc.

That’s the issue - not realising/understanding why she was upset, and just plain not getting it that you don’t get to be the sole judge of whether something was ‘good’ or not, when it involved other parties who didn’t see it that way.
Jdb and Sinclair probably gave each other top marks for their performance.

Not surprising. Hard to win a case when its your word against two others, even if he was guilty of committing the offence. I'd hate to be a juror on this one.

Agree , my wife was a juror on another rape case 6 females 6 males one of whom was ( of all things ) a Catholic Priest.

They too couldn’t reach a verdict with the one hold out the priest ( she thought because the accused was Catholic).

There had to be a retrial and he was convicted with the jury taking about 35 minutes to decide.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4