Jack de Belin court case

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Maybe Crichton isn’t ok with it, who knows? But the fact de Belin casualty discussed ‘just your standard bun’ with him suggests he felt pretty comfortable talking about that kind of behaviour with him. Which isn’t something most people would discuss unless they had an idea the other party doesn’t have a problem with it.

And I’d reckon Walker is probably like the dickhead drunk every group seems to have. His mates probably know he’s a liability at worst and an embarrassment at best, but it’s passed off as a bit of a joke and nobody thinks it needs addressing. Or it’s someone else’s issue to address. Again, the behaviour you walk past...

The next de Belin or Hayne could just as easily be a Manly player. The entitlement culture is a problem across the sport (and plenty of others), and it’s partly why people are switching off.

The next player is likely to be Fainu. He has already been guilty of sending nude pics of a girl he had sex with.

The only reality to come out of the discussions on this thread and the case at hand are:
De Bellend is an absolute POS and deserves to be punished. I hope he is proven guilty.

His wife does not deserve what has been done to her.

Most here have absolutely no idea the part sex plays in a modern day 20 somethings life.
While I agree he did a low POS act on his girlfriend saying he deserves to be punished and that you hope he's found guilty is a big statement.
Say you had a son. Say even thou you did your best as a father he went out one night and had consensual sex with a girl or boy in a group setting even thou your son has a girlfriend and say said girl turns around and calls rape would you want your boy punished by a guilty verdict even thou he was innocent???
I'm not backing JDB and for sure he's a low lifeforwhat he did but it may have been consensual and we will never know. Regardless of where we are right now none of us know a thing about what really happened that night. A group of strangers will decide on his fate based on who tells the best story.

You’d be surprised what their wives/girlfriends discuss amongst themselves, for starters. And if they’re into it but not discussing that with those women in their lives - then who are they involving in it? That’s what makes it grub behaviour.

You’d be surprised at what gets discussed at 3am on night shifts as well. Funny, it’s usually one of the males who mentions the obvious homoerotic element to watching your mate/s do their thing and cheering them on a la JDB. Which is totally cool if that’s your thing, but I don’t think many Neanderthal footballers would be admitting that they’re turned on by seeing old mate’s wang as much as by whatever random girl they’ve picked up to use as a shared fleshlight that night.

I was in no way condoning anything, or making judgement on any persons sexual appetites, I was merely pointing out that most would not admit to any desires that may be determined as unwholesome.

I have lived for 15 years in a 3rd world country where fathers make little huts for their young daughters to receive visitors, where we lose a foreigner to murder about once a month and where baby boys are born unwanted and discarded. There is not much that would surprise me.

Last edited:
That is the biggest load of horse crap I've read in the last 20 min and considering the amount of baseless conjecture on these boards thats a good effort.
Try saying this with a stupid voice im envisaging' its the media. The media. Its all the media's fault I tell ya'....
Let me tell you a secret. Its not the media's fault.... and anyone who directly says it is is just another sheep sprouting the same lines.
Damn, hit a nerve there.@:eek:

While I agree he did a low POS act on his girlfriend saying he deserves to be punished and that you hope he's found guilty is a big statement.
Say you had a son. Say even thou you did your best as a father he went out one night and had consensual sex with a girl or boy in a group setting even thou your son has a girlfriend and say said girl turns around and calls rape would you want your boy punished by a guilty verdict even thou he was innocent???
I'm not backing JDB and for sure he's a low lifeforwhat he did but it may have been consensual and we will never know. Regardless of where we are right now none of us know a thing about what really happened that night. A group of strangers will decide on his fate based on who tells the best story.
If you can't quote someone properly mate, please use the cut and paste function.

I said PROVEN guilty, not FOUND guilty. HUGE difference.

He deserves to be punished for what he did to his partner. He did what he did to her and there is no grey area there mate. Punishment for raping the girl will be meted by a jury of his peers if the evidence compels them to.

If you can't quote someone properly mate, please use the cut and paste function.

I said PROVEN guilty, not FOUND guilty. HUGE difference.

He deserves to be punished for what he did to his partner. He did what he did to her and there is no grey area there mate. Punishment for raping the girl will be meted by a jury of his peers if the evidence compels them to.
While I take your point on my misquote and I apologise it means the same when talking about the punishment you think should be forthcoming does it not?
You say you hope he is proven guilty as punishment for what he did to his misses? If you look at whats at stake the punishment might have already been dished out regardless of his guilt or not in the eyes of the law. His reputation is gone. His career is pretty well over regardless of the outcome. His child will see these stories when its grown up. He is seen as a prick by most people. That could be considered punishment for cheating on his misses.

Now if he is guilty then punishment will be swift and hard. That's good and expected.

Off on a tangent.

I remember back to some canine issues many years back that miraculously sorted itself out in pretty doggy sorry dodgy circumstances. Many of those young men went onto great careers and higher. Just because it was buried away doesn't make them innocent or good blokes does it?

While I take your point on my misquote and I apologise it means the same when talking about the punishment you think should be forthcoming does it not?
You say you hope he is proven guilty as punishment for what he did to his misses? If you look at whats at stake the punishment might have already been dished out regardless of his guilt or not in the eyes of the law. His reputation is gone. His career is pretty well over regardless of the outcome. His child will see these stories when its grown up. He is seen as a prick by most people. That could be considered punishment for cheating on his misses.

Now if he is guilty then punishment will be swift and hard. That's good and expected.

Off on a tangent.

I remember back to some canine issues many years back that miraculously sorted itself out in pretty doggy sorry dodgy circumstances. Many of those young men went onto great careers and higher. Just because it was buried away doesn't make them innocent or good blokes does it?
No
Not really, but if he is PROVEN guilty it will go a way to setting things right.
No, not enough.

Damn, hit a nerve there.@:eek:
Yes. I'm sorry. It did.

As I've said before I work in the dreaded main stream media (TV side). I have never made **** up to sell a story. I have never in 25 years worked with someone who made **** up on my jobs to sell a story.

Too many blame the 'media' as first port of call in todays world. Try looking at yourself and ask do I think for myself or do I need to be led like a blind sheep? Not many people blame themselves.....

No
Not really, but if he is PROVEN guilty it will go a way to setting things right.
No, not enough.
Yes but suggesting that if he's found guilty that guilt will set the balance is wrong. For all we know his GF has stayed out of choice? He's a cock sure but going down for rape won't make his GF feel any better.

Yes but suggesting that if he's found guilty that guilt will set the balance is wrong. For all we know his GF has stayed out of choice? He's a cock sure but going down for rape won't make his GF feel any better.
What REAL choices does she have with his child in her? It is numbingly sad she is virtually forced into such a crap choice.

Him being PROVEN guilty may go some way to financially helping her and it would definitely make a hell of a lot of other people "feel better", including me.

What REAL choices does she have with his child in her? It is numbingly sad she is virtually forced into such a crap choice.

Him being PROVEN guilty may go some way to financially helping her and it would definitely make a hell of a lot of other people "feel better", including me.
Real Choices are sometimes sticking with it regardless. Look at Colleen Rooney. Wayne has cheated multiple times with different people including a 55yo grandmother. I wonder why she stays? Mr and Mrs Beckham. He's cheated and been caught but the brand was worth more than making a stand. DW and his GF? Should she have gone? As I've said before sometimes forgiveness is a lot easier than working for a living.

You, me and 99.9% of the population will never know her reasons but she stayed none the less....

proven guilty and found guilty are the same thing
Does it tend to be a unanimous jury decision or just a majority jury decision in the Australian judiciary system in general . and in the beyond reasonable doubt concept .

Does it tend to be a unanimous jury decision or just a majority jury decision in the Australian judiciary system in general . and in the beyond reasonable doubt concept .
unanimous decision last time i was on a jury and if we couldn't get to that after exhausting all discussion then it would be hung and re-tried.

I can't remember exactly but I think we started with a majority of jurors saying one thing and took a few hours to discuss things the things that the 2 saw differently and eventually get a unanimous decision

You’re right that the higher profile + more money + more leisure time are all contributing to incidents like this getting more media attention. I know the ‘god status’ stuff went on with local players my own age in the 90s, and my mum has mentioned similar stuff from my dad’s playing days in the 70s (there was a particular local groupie in that era named Lucy who was apparently known as Lucy Lastic due to the propensity for her underpants to fall down/off when around the footy players).

Yep ... it has ever been thus ... back in my day we called the girls hanging around training .. tap tap girls ... tap them on the head twice and their pants fall off ... and I would hazard a guess there were girls hanging around outside the Coliseum in Roman days ..

But now, as then it still gets back to the individuals own set of values and self respect ... for many the flesh is weak and it is all just a big lark .. and the trouble starts when they get that self entitled that they begin to treat all girls they meet the same way ..

I have no sympathy for JDB .. he is a grown man with a wife, child and responsibilities ... deserves what ever he gets ..

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2