Jack de Belin court case

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Did you miss the part of there opening statement where De Belin apparently gives her $50 afterwards and says “You better not tell anyone about this sl*t”

The bloke hasnt denied doing it. Hes a grub and I hope he rots.
I agree this is sus but couldn't the $50 to shut up be easily suggested/defended by De Belin as a shut up - I am married - my wife can't find out we had sex? Pretty simple defence/explanation for that specific statement I would suggest.

Yeah but I'm not making my judgement of him from a footballing perspective or from a legal perspective. He could lay bricks and have a clean record and I'd still think he is knob.

Not sure why people keep raising the point that there are dickheads everywhere and gang banging is not illegal etc. I am not disputing any of that but it doesnt change the fact that I think he is a piece of work...I've seen him out in public numerous times and he is a typical meat head...I don't think what he did to his wife and kid was morally acceptable.
Yeah, you wouldn't want him near your daughter.

The woman who accused Jack de Belin and Callan Sinclair of raping her after a night out at a Wollongong bar in 2018 has defended her exuberant behaviour on the dance floor in the lead-up to the alleged assault, saying "I'm allowed to be a 19-year-old girl".

The NSW District Court jury on Friday was shown CCTV footage from around midnight at the Mr Crown bar, where the woman - then aged 19 - could be seen dancing and gesturing with Mr de Belin and Mr Sinclair amid a tightly-packed dance floor.

In a third day of gruelling cross-examination, Mr de Belin's barrister David Campbell SC questioned the woman, who cannot be named for legal reasons, on her behaviour at the club and suggested she was "looking fondly" at the star St George Illawarra Dragons NRL player.

Mr Campbell asked the woman if she recalled talking, dancing and cuddling with Mr de Belin before taking his hat. She replied that she didn't recall dancing or cuddling him but "I might have ... I did say I took his hat".

In the footage, Mr de Belin is wearing a wide-brim fedora and his accuser can be seen taking his hat off and putting it on her own head before continuing to dance.

"Can I suggest that at around the same period, which was pretty well midnight, that you were also looking very fondly into his eyes," Mr Campbell put to her.

She responded: "I don't remember, it was two years ago. I was dancing, I was having fun, I was a 19-year-old girl. I'm allowed to go out and have a dance."

After viewing the footage, Mr Campbell again said "you're certainly looking fondly in the direction of Mr De Belin", to which she replied, "I'm smiling, I can't see if my eyes are open or not".

During the Crown's opening statements earlier this week, the court heard the woman left the club with Mr de Belin, 29, and Mr Sinclair, 23, a Shellharbour Sharks rugby league player, thinking they were going to another club. Instead, she alleges she was taken via tuktuk to Mr de Belin's apartment where the two men took turns switching places to repeatedly rape her.

The two footballers have pleaded not guilty to five counts each of aggravated sexual assault, with their barristers saying the encounter with the woman was entirely consensual.

On Friday the woman was also questioned about the details of conversations she had about the night in question with colleagues in the days following, but she was unable to recall what she said and repeatedly told the court "it was two years ago".

At one point during the questioning, the woman became upset and asked for a five minute break.

"All that matters is what happened in that unit," she said.

The trial continues.

(This is allegedly what was stated in court if we are to believe the media. I have no doubt that if we request a transcript from todays hearing it would be exactly the same..... NOT).

Last edited:

The woman who accused Jack de Belin and Callan Sinclair of raping her after a night out at a Wollongong bar in 2018 has defended her exuberant behaviour on the dance floor in the lead-up to the alleged assault, saying "I'm allowed to be a 19-year-old girl".

The NSW District Court jury on Friday was shown CCTV footage from around midnight at the Mr Crown bar, where the woman - then aged 19 - could be seen dancing and gesturing with Mr de Belin and Mr Sinclair amid a tightly-packed dance floor.

In a third day of gruelling cross-examination, Mr de Belin's barrister David Campbell SC questioned the woman, who cannot be named for legal reasons, on her behaviour at the club and suggested she was "looking fondly" at the star St George Illawarra Dragons NRL player.

Mr Campbell asked the woman if she recalled talking, dancing and cuddling with Mr de Belin before taking his hat. She replied that she didn't recall dancing or cuddling him but "I might have ... I did say I took his hat".

In the footage, Mr de Belin is wearing a wide-brim fedora and his accuser can be seen taking his hat off and putting it on her own head before continuing to dance.

"Can I suggest that at around the same period, which was pretty well midnight, that you were also looking very fondly into his eyes," Mr Campbell put to her.

She responded: "I don't remember, it was two years ago. I was dancing, I was having fun, I was a 19-year-old girl. I'm allowed to go out and have a dance."

After viewing the footage, Mr Campbell again said "you're certainly looking fondly in the direction of Mr De Belin", to which she replied, "I'm smiling, I can't see if my eyes are open or not".

During the Crown's opening statements earlier this week, the court heard the woman left the club with Mr de Belin, 29, and Mr Sinclair, 23, a Shellharbour Sharks rugby league player, thinking they were going to another club. Instead, she alleges she was taken via tuktuk to Mr de Belin's apartment where the two men took turns switching places to repeatedly rape her.

The two footballers have pleaded not guilty to five counts each of aggravated sexual assault, with their barristers saying the encounter with the woman was entirely consensual.

On Friday the woman was also questioned about the details of conversations she had about the night in question with colleagues in the days following, but she was unable to recall what she said and repeatedly told the court "it was two years ago".

At one point during the questioning, the woman became upset and asked for a five minute break.

"All that matters is what happened in that unit," she said.

The trial continues.

(This is allegedly what was stated in court if we are to believe the media. I have no doubt that if we request a transcript from todays hearing it would be exactly the same..... NOT).

I can see the defence going in on the fact she remembers clearly what happened in the unit but can't remember what happened on the dance floor.

Not saying she's lying but her constant statement of it being 2 years ago & therefore is hazy in her memory will surely be used against her by the defence when it comes to recalling the details of what happened back in the flat.

I can see the defence going in on the fact she remembers clearly what happened in the unit but can't remember what happened on the dance floor.

Not saying she's lying but her constant statement of it being 2 years ago & therefore is hazy in her memory will surely be used against her by the defence when it comes to recalling the details of what happened back in the flat.
100%. A lot of doubt already created.

I agree this is sus but couldn't the $50 to shut up be easily suggested/defended by De Belin as a shut up - I am married - my wife can't find out we had sex? Pretty simple defence/explanation for that specific statement I would suggest.
A $50 brib
The biggest question is the use of tuktuks in Wollongong.

What the **** is going on there ?
Yeah, I was about to look that sh1t up.

One is dancing and the other is allegedly a serious sexual assault. Easy to remember the latter I’d say.

Again all we can hope for is that justice is done and the truth comes out. No way am I going to suggest the accused is guilty or innocent or that the plaintiff is being honest or lying. That's for the court to decide and hopefully its the right decision.

Personally I think it was rather naïve of the girl to accompany two men to their room if she didn't realise the situation she was placing herself in, and at the same time disturbing those two men decided upon group sex with one girl, using her as just a sex object. But then that's just my values speaking.

She’s likely been out on plenty of dance floors, and hopefully only sexually assaulted once, in her lifetime. One would obviously stick in your memory more than the other.

Again all we can hope for is that justice is done and the truth comes out. No way am I going to suggest the accused is guilty or innocent or that the plaintiff is being honest or lying. That's for the court to decide and hopefully its the right decision.

Personally I think it was rather naïve of the girl to accompany two men to their room if she didn't realise the situation she was placing herself in, and at the same time disturbing those two men decided upon group sex with one girl, using her as just a sex object. But then that's just my values speaking.
Agree. Regarding the second part, especially after hooking up with one bloke already and gesturing the oral sex stuff on the dance floor etc. As others have said I just hope justice is done but frm what I’ve read already it would seem there would be a level of doubt creeping in already. If what she has alleged is true, bloody hell what a rough ordeal for the poor girl.

and regarding the fedora, I mean would we expect anything less from that gut maggot JDB? Fair go grow another pony tail u knob.

What is absolutely plausible is the woman was keen on these two guys and flirted and what not and was well and truly up for a shag, etc. But most women don't like being treated like a toy and cast aside afterwards. My guess is she consented but when they started getting rough and then showed no interest in after the act was finished, she took on the persona of the scorned lover.

I have no proof but reading between the lines of what has come out so far with her behaviour on the dance floor and the laughing and smiling afterwards when lining up for the next nightclub and the $50 to 'keep quiet' which I assume refers to de Belin's Mrs not finding out, and it starts to look like she had regrets when these guys showed their true colours...she was just a root and nothing more and a lot of women can't live with that revelation for long.

Pair that with the rough treatment of the choking and the attempted bum penetration and who knows...maybe they got a bit heavy handed after what was originally consensual

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2