Jack de Belin court case

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
How so? Five charges still have a hung jury. Only the anal rape charge produced a unanimous not guilty. Prosecution has until May 28 to decide whether to try a third time.
Seems weird. That would appear to be the least likely act for consent. Surely the jury don’t believe his defence that it was “an accident”?

If we are indefinitely banning players for being grubs off the field, I hope you will enjoy watching the Turbo brothers play Jarrod Croker every week.
Nah I reckon there are plenty of good blokes running around in the NRL... it's just that the grubs have the bigger personalities, cause the most issues and therefore get the most attention....

when do you ever hear anything about the off-field antics of Ryan James or Tyrone Peachey, Corey Oates or Alex Glenn??? yet the Titans and Broncs have reputations of being full of gangsters... same with some of our players yet I have never heard a bad word about Brad Parker or big Marty....

2 or 3 douches does not mean a whole team are numbnuts... just like 20 or 30 idiots does not mean all NRL players are germs....

There doesn't appear to be any "extreme circumstances" so it is likely they will walk free.
Yeah if the prosecution has failed to prove
Looking more closely I think the prosecution might have over-complicated the case by trying to assert both men were equally responsible for all activities.
that may be their angle next time, apparently its headed back into court on the 28th, not sure if for a new trial or just a mention.

One would think though that most Judges would conclude that if two juries had more or less the same result, the probability shows that a 3rd would also likely have the same result and therefore be an unfair burden on the courts to run again.

My guess is his presumed innocence will stay intact

Nah I reckon there are plenty of good blokes running around in the NRL... it's just that the grubs have the bigger personalities, cause the most issues and therefore get the most attention....

when do you ever hear anything about the off-field antics of Ryan James or Tyrone Peachey, Corey Oates or Alex Glenn??? yet the Titans and Broncs have reputations of being full of gangsters... same with some of our players yet I have never heard a bad word about Brad Parker or big Marty....

2 or 3 douches does not mean a whole team are numbnuts... just like 20 or 30 idiots does not mean all NRL players are germs....
Yes, thank you Captain Obvious.

How so? Five charges still have a hung jury. Only the anal rape charge produced a unanimous not guilty. Prosecution has until May 28 to decide whether to try a third time.
If not found guilty of one charge, and me not being a legal eagle by any means surely in the one charge not found guilty there is enough evidence to suggest there was consensual fornication. I personally think he has been innocent and but sounds a warning on all players to be mindful of their actions will have consequences

Sadly i feel the biggest question here is....

Would the CPS even consider a third trial if it was a couple of No name blokes from XXXX standing trial?

My guess would be no so that leads to the question of fairness of the system.

The bloke is a grub obviously but is he being hung out to dry by a legal system that would most likly trat him differently if he was a no name?

Sadly i feel the biggest question here is....

Would the CPS even consider a third trial if it was a couple of No name blokes from XXXX standing trial?

My guess would be no so that leads to the question of fairness of the system.

The bloke is a grub obviously but is he being hung out to dry by a legal system that would most likly trat him differently if he was a no name?
To be fair,the poor girl is being hung out to dry too

To be fair,the poor girl is being hung out to dry too
Would you be saying the same thing in the Brett Stewart case? In what sense is he a grub. Yes, he has been unfaithful to his girlfriend and mother to be of his child but does that make him a grub. Lots of everyday families go through the same thing but never gets reported as someone who is a high profile. Innocent until fully proven guilty regardless of what you think of him

Would you be saying the same thing in the Brett Stewart case? In what sense is he a grub. Yes, he has been unfaithful to his girlfriend and mother to be of his child but does that make him a grub. Lots of everyday families go through the same thing but never gets reported as someone who is a high profile. Innocent until fully proven guilty regardless of what you think of him
Difference between this case and Brett Stewart’s are plenty but the biggest is that Stewart’s lasted 10 days and was found not guilty without a shadow of a doubt and the girl and father were found to be making up the story.In this case,it’s been dragged through a few years and two court cases and is still yet to finalise other than one charge.Obviously something went on that night,rightly or wrongly and the fact that two juries can’t get to the bottom of,completely different to Stewart’s case

What is the likelihood of the prosecution going for another trial?

Sounds horrible for all parties involved to go through it all again.

My thought is the NRL should look at durations with the stand down policy, in the scenario of another trial and a hung Jury it’s an unknown duration of time again.

I think the commercial reality is that the NRL can't afford to have these players representing the game.
How many club sponsors, tv sponsors, networks etc are going to be comfortable having these players run out, win MOM, be interviewed?
How many fans are going to feel a little uncomfortable cheering for a possible rapist/stabber type person?
Dollars rule. Bugger the innocent.
Agree the sponsors could walk away as they threatened previously, this is somewhat driven by political correctness and the sponsors ethics.

There needs to be consideration by the NRL and sponsors on durations of the stand down policy, this case could go on for an extended unknown duration of time.

I wonder where the sponsors and NRL stand with their ethics and political correctness if this case doesn’t go to trial again.

I don’t know about that.The lady involved has nothing to gain from this and why would she want to continually want to drag herself through all is if she had any doubt about what went on?

Possibly true.

Me you and everyone including the judge and Jury will never really ever know what happened that night. Its all decided by which legal team does the best job nothing more nothing less. Is that fair on either party i dont know.

We would all want justice but how can you ever really know.

In these he said she said cases the truth is a very fine line.

I have a feeling the CPS will try and go again.

Such is the minefield of attempting to prosecute rape cases when there is a problem finding impartial witnesses. I'm glad I've never had to sit on a jury to deal with such matters.

Horrible for the woman if it happened and she has to go through all this firstly and then worse if no conviction occurs. Horrible for the man if it didnt happen and he gets found guilty. Whoever the aggrieved party is, their life has been turned upside down and changed for the rest of their lives.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6