It was Des all along coaching thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who do you think will be coaching us next year?

• Total voters
I think it all depends on Siebold. If it's:
Cleary to Panthers
Bennett to Tigers
That leaves Brisbane and us as possibilities.
If Siebold leaves the Rabbits to go to Brisbane, we are the only option for Maguire. Otherwise, it's between us and Brisbane.
Siebold to the broncos would be the absolute best fit if I was running them.
I'm pretty sure they believe that as well.

Fox Sports Journo, Cody Kaye just tweeted the below - Unbelievable if true.

In a truly bizzare and surely untenable situation, Manly expect Trent Barrett to remain as coach until July... If it happens it'll be one of the great rugby league Mexican standoffs. @FOXSportsNews
Wooow if this is true I give up !!! Someone tonight bring this up please this can't happen

The coaching situation should be the first item on the agenda, to be brought up by those there.
Yes wish I could make it !! There is no way we can keep Barrett until July next year nothing will change we will get the bloody spoon !!! What players would want to play for a coach that wants out half way through the year ! Who ever is reading this and going tonight bring this breaking news story up and tell them how ridiculous it bloody is

There is no way the club will keep Trent as head coach until July. If they do, these owners will go down as the most incompetent, bumbling losers in sporting history.

It won’t happen, they may not have had a good track record since becoming sole owners; however, they are not this stupid - this is click-bait crap.

There is no way the club will keep Trent as head coach until July. If they do, these owners will go down as the most incompetent, bumbling losers in sporting history.

It won’t happen, they may not have had a good track record since becoming sole owners; however, they are not this stupid - this is click-bait crap.
I really hope you're correct ! But I wouldn't be surprised if it's true with the owners we have ! I'll support any other coach other than Barrett or Cartwright ! We need change to improve

In a truly bizzare and surely untenable situation, Manly expect Trent Barrett to remain as coach until July... If it happens it'll be one of the great rugby league Mexican standoffs. @FOXSportsNews

Some days it is just great to be still alive .... please be true ......

Just listening to Bulldog Ritchie, who we know has close contacts within the club, and he said from what he understands the Manly job is Michael Maguire's if he wants it.

If true it won't be a case of the club choosing Cartwright etc over Madge, it will be a case of that is the best we can attract.
He doesn't want it

I'm not 100% sold that it is click bait mate. I know the Journo that tweeted it is actually a big Manly fan, so wouldn't think he would throw a tweet like this out without any basis. We're a few weeks out from pre-season and there has been no change of coach, I had similar thoughts to you in the fact that I don't believe this could happen, but the longer it goes on and the closer we get to all players and staff coming back, it becomes slightly more realistic.

If that happens we are truely ****ed

I dont think its bizare, surely its the most likely scenario.

I really cant see anything else happening.

If that happens we are truely ****ed
VERY VERY f***ed !!! I would place a BIG bet on us to get the spoon ! Easiest money I'll ever make if true I have a feeling players will want out and won't wanna play for us ! Brookvale oval will be empty and manly will cop it again in the media

I'm not 100% sold that it is click bait mate. I know the Journo that tweeted it is actually a big Manly fan, so wouldn't think he would throw a tweet like this out without any basis. We're a few weeks out from pre-season and there has been no change of coach, I had similar thoughts to you in the fact that I don't believe this could happen, but the longer it goes on and the closer we get to all players and staff coming back, it becomes slightly more realistic.
I guess we will find out within the next 2-3 weeks. This team and all involved need a fresh start - I hope they get it.

I also hope Trent moves on to a role more suited to where he is at in his career. I have no hard feelings towards him and I’d like to see him kick on somewhere else, whilst we get the coach we need.

Just off the back of this, Cody Kaye tweeted that Lyall was the one who has said he expects Barrett to be there until July.

Hey... long time member first time poster here... When I got the email for the member forum and clicked “can’t attend” I found myself writing this letter in the “have your say” form.

I thought I’d share it here because it seems like many of you are having similar thoughts...

To the Members Forum

What the the Sea Eagles’ Board, Chairman and CEO must address is the lack of action on the most serious issue the club has faced in recent years; the Head Coach role for 2019 and beyond. This is not a question of the coaching issue itself, but rather a call to resolve this drama that began in July and still lingers 4 weeks out from the start of the pre-season.

As such little time remains until players return for pre-season training, it is now the case that the first grade team will begin their campaign behind their competitors in terms of preparation, recruitment and culture.

During an era in which Manly fans and members have endured seemingly endless scandals, this lack of action reflects particularly poorly on the Sea Eagles’ administration; with many calling in to question whether the present environment is conducive to team success.

As they say, “winning fixes everything”. An improved team environment must be the singular, razor focus of the Board, Chairman and CEO. Right now, I just don’t see that.

What I see is a Sea Eagles organisation that has struggled to make difficult decisions in support of its own best interests and identity.

My hope is that the Sea Eagles’ Board, Chairman and CEO will look to those who came before them as their guide out of this dark time.

What has made Manly unique in Australian sport is a procession of leaders in the administration, coaching staff and player list that each were a part of the successful eras that preceded their leadership.

It’s a long line of proud local men, heroes who command respect, each playing their part to guide the next generation. It’s a 70-year tradition of success. An unbroken chain that links each Sea Eagles era all the way back to Wally O’Connell, captain-coach of the original Sea Eagles.

It is said that true leadership creates new leaders. Through this succession, Manly have re-generated success over a dynasty. It’s the DNA of the “Manly culture” and it’s where the Sea Eagles must now look for its next leaders. Manly men to carry the Manly culture into a new era.

It is with this tradition in mind that I ask the Sea Eagles administration to swiftly make the difficult decisions and bravely confront the issue before them.

I don’t expect that my letter will be addressed publicly or privately. How the Sea Eagles’ administration responds will be evident on the field for all to see.

Remember, you are the custodians of a great legacy that belongs to the proud Manly-Warringah community.

Actions speak louder than words.

I dont think its bizare, surely its the most likely scenario.

I really cant see anything else happening.
that cannot happen,It will cost the owners twice Barretts payout in lower home ground gate attendance and sponsorship loss
Pay him out now get Madge you will get that extra cost back in increased home ground attendances and sponsorship
talk about focusing on the whole and not the donut

I think we might be jumping the gun abit . Im expecting a couple of signings and a new coach ( Maybe Cartwright, McGuire) not Barrett in the next couple of weeks. After the last couple of years they will look like complete Fuhkwits all over again if they dont clean this mess up . We have to sit tight .#StrongerTogether.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8