It was Des all along coaching thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Who do you think will be coaching us next year?

• Total voters
Looking forward to the silvertails meltdown Woodsie?

Not specifically .... that would just be an added bonus .......

I just think Barrett is a much better man and coach than other peope do ......

PSS ... you can't tell me that some of the irrational and hysterical garbage that has already been posted isn't amusing ...

PSS ... you can't tell me that some of the irrational and hysterical garbage that has already been posted isn't amusing ...
I agree regarding barret to some extent, what I can't cop is the players lack of effort in some games this year.
Only two ways I see it, either we have an average roster or the coach just couldn't get the best out of his squad.

And yes I agree that some of the hysteria on here makes me chuckle.

No, the suggestion is Cleary to Manly. Seems far-fetched but who knows.

More than far fetched sounds ridiculous. He is on record saying he wants to coach his son (poor decision imo) and his son just signed an extension at the Panthers. The Panthers want him and have money so why would he choose us? We have no money and don't have his son. I know he played 15 first grade games for us but other than that we offer nothing he wants.

that cannot happen,It will cost the owners twice Barretts payout in lower home ground gate attendance and sponsorship loss
Pay him out now get Madge you will get that extra cost back in increased home ground attendances and sponsorship
talk about focusing on the whole and not the donut

Madge will be a Bronco most likely.

Yeah, but wouldn't he have to say that from a legal perspective?
I reckon it’s just a negotiating thing. If Barrett wants to quit make him quit. Not get a 6 figure payout to quit. No other employer will want to touch him either if he can’t come to July. This flushes out if he’d gone and lined up a different job

More than far fetched sounds ridiculous. He is on record saying he wants to coach his son (poor decision imo) and his son just signed an extension at the Panthers. The Panthers want him and have money so why would he choose us? We have no money and don't have his son. I know he played 15 first grade games for us but other than that we offer nothing he wants.
Close to home as he still lives on the beaches? @:D

I'm not 100% sold that it is click bait mate. I know the Journo that tweeted it is actually a big Manly fan, so wouldn't think he would throw a tweet like this out without any basis. We're a few weeks out from pre-season and there has been no change of coach, I had similar thoughts to you in the fact that I don't believe this could happen, but the longer it goes on and the closer we get to all players and staff coming back, it becomes slightly more realistic.
We are all big manly fans too and look at the stuff we write!

Can't happen.

Barrett's contract is as head coach and anyone else filling that role breaches our contract with him. He would have a legal case worth far more money than his payout

Barrett would not take monthly payments to do nothing while what is left, if anything, of his coaching future fades to black around him.

Griffin and Ciraldo were Gus's pawns in a well choreographed ballet to keep Nathan long term with Ivan being the kicker. Checkmate.

It seems pretty clear that Tooves will not be back and I highly doubt Cleary would be the right man for the job anyways.

Our only hope is snaring Madge to stave off an ignominious end to our beloved club at the hands of Cartwrong, Griffin or Henry.
It can happen and does happen every day of the week 40 years. I’m a lawyer and employ a lot of staff in a business so can speak with some idea on this.

Barrett is already threatening to sue for the cash owing. That’s what he wants .As if he’s going to waste his money suing for specific performance of the contract as well when he wouldn’t get near a court to enforce it before his contract ends.
If you can’t prove a breach you just pay him his salary owing and take the keys off him , or pay him monthly as per the contract and keep him away from the joint or in a minor role.Thars what happens in the real world. They get their money and they **** off.It all comes down to getting their money , not hanging around where they arent wanted.

Not sure people realise how much it costs to run a litigation! People seem to think that it’s just a case of “ oh I’ve got a nice claim, I’ll just toddle off to court and get the cash “ It can take years and hundreds of thousands with no guarantee of success and I’m damn sure Barrett doesn’t have the cash or inclination to do it, particularly when his opponents have plenty and his reputation is going down the drain by the minute

.He’s hanging on for dear life for the cash because he knows his pay is going to go from 500k plus to peanuts overnight and I don’t blame him.Hes not getting a head coach job anywhere.

In any case him being paid a salary to June won’t happen. It’s all part of a negotiation process. He’ll reach a settlement very son and mercilessly that’s the last we will see of Trent Barrett.

Last edited:

Enjoy it while you can. How anyone enjoys watching a club they have supported for so long go through this rubbish is beyond me anyway. It’s the club and colours we all support , not the owners and coaches who come and go, even if they are as incompetent and disfunctionsl as this lot.

All Barrett has given us is embarrassment and failure.

Unluckily for him no other club will ever make the same mistake we did. And unlike yourself those paying coaching bills down the track wont be impressed with failure at NYC level and 13th , 6th , 15th with a decent roster and the endless amateur hour in the handling of men and situations we have been lumped with.

Anyone who thinks Barrett will coach Manly in another NRL fixture is totally delusional.It won’t happen.

It’s bye bye Trent ... and soon.

Last edited:
I think we might be jumping the gun abit . Im expecting a couple of signings and a new coach ( Maybe Cartwright, McGuire) not Barrett in the next couple of weeks. After the last couple of years they will look like complete Fuhkwits all over again if they dont clean this mess up . We have to sit tight .#StrongerTogether.
Agree Brad, but let’s clarify - they already look like complete f-ckwits.

They way i see it we may well still get Madge. Assuming Tigers go for Bennett and the Donkeys go for a Queenslander.

Enjoy it while you can. How anyone enjoys watching a club they have supported for so long go through this rubbish is beyond me anyway. It’s the club and colours we all support , not the owners and coaches who come and go, even if they are as incompetent and disfunctionsl as this lot.

All Barrett has given us is embarrassment and failure.

Unluckily for him no other club will ever make the same mistake we did. And unlike yourself those paying coaching bills down the track wont be impressed with failure at NYC level and 13th , 6th , 15th with a decent roster and the endless amateur hour in the handling of men and situations we have been lumped with.

Anyone who thinks Barrett will coach Manly in another NRL fixture is totally delusional.It won’t happen.

It’s bye bye Trent ... and soon.

Thanks for putting me straight .... I would have dropped that egg I was trying to suck if you hadn't helped me out with your infallable wisdom .....

Yep, everything will be just Jim Dandy when Barrett, the cause of all our problems leaves and Penn can get back to running the place properly ......

Didn't the meeting yesterday say " A coach has been signed ". Then again this morning across the tele while i was throwing the work boots on that Barrett is at Manly until july . We are no closer to knowing fukh all.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10